Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that you like about airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Just thought I would bump this to the top as not everyone can find 10 things they like about Airsoft but have no problem finding 10 things that annoy them about Airsoft.

For me I like the crack and banter between games. Everything els is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

When getting ready for a day of Airsoft, this is how I imagine it will play out:

captainsca-0000.jpg

The possibilities are one of many things, that I like about Airsoft ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The main reason I am even involved in Airsoft is because of the collector-aspect; I happened across an airsoft stall at the Toys for Big Boys show in 2009, couldn't believe my eyes. I dumbfoundedly asked "You mean I can own a pistol?"

So for me the primary thing that I like about airsoft is that feeling of getting something new and pouring over every single aspect of it - thinking about what else you want/need to finish it (accessories, holsters/slings, mags etc) and just appreciating it for what it is. And then taking it to a skirmish, reenacting your favourite action movies (similarly the reason for the new purchase) and after it all deciding to gut it and re-do all of the internals specifically geared to how you plan on using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Some bit of money comes your way, and the first thing you think is about saving it for airsoft and start pricing up items on your wanted list.

I would've thought food or drinking would've come first but realised where my priorities are today. Although I am still fond of drinking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Guns....just....guns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

When you find a kevlar bush to hide behind, which is the perfect height to shoot over, but if you're behind it... Nothing's gonna hit you!

Hitting someone with the last bb to come out of your mag!

Being such a distraction to the other team that they forget their original objective.

Building a new gun, then when you take it out... it rocks!

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    When you find a kevlar bush to hide behind, which is the perfect height to shoot over, but if you're behind it... Nothing's gonna hit you!

Hitting someone with the last bb to come out of your mag!

Being such a distraction to the other team that they forget their original objective.

Building a new gun, then when you take it out... it rocks!

Everything in this post :D

Getting hit outside of a skirmish and thinking how do I put up with this constantly cor 5+ hours? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Chrisbellew

For me it would have to be, Lying in the Pitch black at a 24hr game can't see your hand in front of your face waiting for the enemy assault on your position. Gets me every time! Otherwise it would be the Craic before and after the game discussing the days events with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

Those rare RARE moments when I was actually doing well :D
    Those sheer fun moments when no one is being to serious, having a laugh, but still having a good game :)
    Above all else: The Community :)
    Friendliest people ever, and in no other sport or hobby will I have someone shoot me on the shins and then apologize for it :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Above all else: The Community :)
    Friendliest people ever,

that pretty much sums it up for me. from day 1 regardless of any minor disagreements over who was or wasn't hit in the heat of a game. when the whistle blows you put it behind you. the frustrations you feel from not getting support from your team is forgotten when the opposition come over and talk about how they were pinned down on all fronts etc

Having a Contour GPS Action Cam rolling in game, to catch out just about every cheater that comes my way ;)

Eagerly awaiting great game footage from reputable uploaders ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Working as a team to overcome some cocky f*cker who thinks he's the bees knees on the field!

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Working as a team to overcome some cocky f*cker who thinks he's the bees knees on the field!

+1000 and love when a plan comes to get him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

MagicIRL wrote: »

Maybe theirs a reason to be cocky if it takes a team of you to take him out:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Nah jayo, I'm sure you know the type. Walks around the site thinking he's jack the lad for no real reason other than he's a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

That relieved feeling when you open up your new box of goodies from China after waiting weeks for it to ship. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

When you haven't played for months and you go out and have a GREAT day and get to be an Airsoft Junkie all over again, what a sport. Time to start visiting my ould haunts again.

se conman wrote: »
    When you haven't played for months and you go out and have a GREAT day and get to be an Airsoft Junkie all over again, what a sport. Time to start visiting my ould haunts again.

Had that today at Redbarn, been too long in between games, visited Redbarn for the first time and had one of the best days airsofting I've had in a long time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Airsofting in the (mud and) rain!

And rushing, gotta keep pushing up the battleline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

That feeling you get just before all hell breaks lose

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

The full auto rattle from a GBBR :D Also, how people on the receiving end fear that sound. You would be surprised how well they keep the enemy behind cover.

Love it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Adjusting products to suit your plan for them, and getting them 'just right' - filing down pieces to match perfectly, and the joy when it all comes together.

Similarly the rage when none of it goes together is one of the most irritating aspects...but without that inexplicable fury, there wouldn't be that same elation and enjoyment from the resounding click when it works.

The joys of it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

1)When after tinkering on a v.2 gearbox, both sides of the shell fit together on your first attempt of trying!!
    2)when anti-reversal latches stay in place!!

Waiting for that dude with his gbbr on full auto to expel all his gas or run out of his 30rd mag in a matter of seconds, then taking him out:P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jinbakrdi

Going out and having the craic with some friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Yesterday at the WW2 day at Redbarn, my golden moment was being the last man standing in the courtyard, holding off 10 players with my M14, knowing I was running low of ammo, having to fall back to using my P38, and yet seeing a large bunch of guys hiding outside of the room I was in afraid to rush me. I only gave up when I'd fired off the last round in my pistol, and even then, the Yanks were still cowering behind cover.

It's a small thing but made my day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Aah, but we still won. HaHaHa. Yanks, that is.
    Day's like yesterday are what airsoft is all about. The craic and chat. Great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

jayod30 wrote: »
    Waiting for that dude with his gbbr on full auto to expel all his gas or run out of his 30rd mag in a matter of seconds, then taking him out:P

3.5 seconds in my case :p Still totally worth it:pac:

Advertisement