Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samaritans: Why 3,000 middle-aged men die by suicide each year (in the UK & Ireland)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I occasionally think about it. Not seriously, I don't think. I used to think that I hated various things about my life - especially my job and my weight but over the last few months I've stepped up at work and am actually almost liking it right now, plus I've lost a lot of the weight but I still feel the same as I ever did. Last night whilst out with friends I had an epiphany. My problem is that I just don't like me.

I spent this morning looking into psychologists in Dublin. Something has to change. I bottle everything up and as a single man living away from home I've no one to talk to. Not that I like talking to anyone about anything.

Probably could have posted this elsewhere but this thread seemed the closest fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

Letter in Monday's Irish Times
    http://www.irishtimes.com/debate/letters/spotlight-on-male-suicide-1.1405637:
    <snip>
    I can think of eight male acquaintances who died by suicide in the past decade. All of them talked openly about their problems and sought help. There was one common factor in all of these cases. Each had been through the family law system and had his life and fatherhood severely diminished or even destroyed in a variety of ways. Can those who tell us that there is always help available now tell us how we can save innocent, law-abiding male citizens from the anti-man, anti-father practices of the family courts which are undoubtedly a contributory factor in the high rate of male suicides? – Yours, etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

(Nov 5 article)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement