Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm obviously not...
    Can someone explain this one please? :confused:
    Bootup wrote: »

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm obviously not...
    Can someone explain this one please? :confused:

Rickroll

Rickroll

Damn.. I was hoping you'd type it... :D

So I could post:
    http://i.imgur.com/45n0b6g.png?1

:o

(Obviously in one of those moods this morning..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

ken wrote: »
    You need 25 posts and to be here 10 days. So it'll be Wednesday before you can post a pic.

Cheers, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This post has been deleted.

This one?
    Ballyv24 wrote: »
    O1jMe2B.jpg

The banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96006500&postcount=872

Am I too sceptical on this .. guy out fishing - big whale and somebody in their plane/helicopter/flying a drone manages to capture it from above?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's what I call a serendipitous find...

I don't know if the photo is real or not, but I still think it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Few people suggesting it's a promo for this film out soon.
    http://upcomingnextmonthmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/in_the_heart_of_the_sea.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

GBX wrote: »

Am I too sceptical on this .. guy out fishing - big whale and somebody in their plane/helicopter/flying a drone manages to capture it from above?
    New Home wrote: »
    That's what I call a serendipitous find...

I don't know if the photo is real or not, but I still think it's amazing.

Well it definitely wasn't taken yesterday, and probably not off Baltimore either. Reverse image search shows that image has been posted around tumblr and imgur for a long time now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh well... so it's more of a serendipitous fake than a serendipitous find...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

What am i missing here??

It's a combination of GTA V and True Detective - using the switch character function in GTA to change between the characters in True Detective - or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well it definitely wasn't taken yesterday, and probably not off Baltimore either. Reverse image search shows that image has been posted around tumblr and imgur for a long time now.

It came up in my newsfeed yesterday and one of the comments said that it was posted on April 1st, so I put it down to a hoax.

It's a combination of GTA V and True Detective - using the switch character function in GTA to change between the characters in True Detective - or something like that

Ah. Ok. That makes sense. Ish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Even after the explanation I still do not get it !

itll-happen-to-you.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That makes sense.

Does it?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Does it?

Well the fact that it's some weird combination thing is what makes sense, and not one single thing

Well the fact that it's some weird combination thing is what makes sense, and not one single thing

It's over on Reddit. Somebody made it last night. It seems that they blended in a scene from GTA V with a scene from the newest episode of True Detective.

I guess it switches over on the satellite/aerial view.

Since True Detective has started, people have been comparing the two, so I presume it's just an extension of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

GBX wrote: »

The photo was posted to either the "Baltimore & The Isles" or the "Baltimore Whale and Dolphin Watch" Facebook page in the last couple of days. I know, because it popped up on my feed.

However, I was skeptical when I saw it, not least because I thought I'd seen it somewhere before.

I suspect that someone was joking.

It doesn't seem to be on either one of those pages now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Anybody know the background on this photo?

It's a real cool photo, but surely it has to be photoshopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Read the posts above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Samuel l Jackson?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The photo was posted to either the "Baltimore & The Isles" or the "Baltimore Whale and Dolphin Watch" Facebook page in the last couple of days. I know, because it popped up on my feed.

However, I was skeptical when I saw it, not least because I thought I'd seen it somewhere before.

I suspect that someone was joking.

It doesn't seem to be on either one of those pages now.

It appears that Faux-to we were talking about has attracted 1,500 new friends to the Baltimore Whale and Dolphin Watch FB page in recent days:
    This is a special one for our 1500 new friends. I know you came here under a April Fools photo but this one is real and was taken just under the beacon outside the harbour. Have a zoom in on Aquaventures Diving & Snorkelling boat in the background. Luckily he jumped more than once. Feel free to share. Part of Baltimore Whale and Dolphin Watch.
    Taken By Simon Duggan. More here http://www.simondugganphotography.com

This is the real photo they were talking about. Yes, it IS real. I've been on that boat many times, but unfortunately not on this day!

Humpback-Breach-West-Cork.jpg

Woooooooooooooooowwwwwwww....... (I don't think I can fit in any more Os or Ws...)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Putin wrote: »

Westmeath won their first championship against Meath today, so now Westmeath is the primary Meath. Regular Meath is now East Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Westmeath won their first championship against Meath today, so now Westmeath is the primary Meath. Regular Meath is now East Meath.

Ah! A cropped image would have draw my attention to that much quicker.

Man, my attention span is short.

nqst9e.jpg

keith16 wrote: »
    Ah! A cropped image would have draw my attention to that much quicker.

Man, my attention span is short.

nqst9e.jpg

It was a fairly subtle one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Admit it, we all didn't see it straight away and spent a few minutes looking for c*ck or p*ssy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement