Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 10 (Zappa)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

May I join please?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Count me in

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sorry about the delay. Internet is messed up here today and I can only access about 1 in 10 sites and everything times out all the time. I'll extend the deadline as soon as it's fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sweet! Just got my theme! Thanks Pickarooney.:)

Haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to write about for it though but that'll make it even more fun. :D

OK, things seem to be fixed here and I've send PMs to everyone who posted. If you didn't get one, or you would still like to join in, let me know.

If, after a minimum of 48 hours, you really cannot think of anything, you can request a new theme by PM. This is a one-off. If the replacement theme is worse... sucks to be you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Hi pickarooney, could you count me in, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Hi pickarooney, could you count me in, please.

I feel like I'm gonna know which entry is yours. Your style is way too distinctive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I feel like I'm gonna know which entry is yours. Your style is way too distinctive!!

Why don't we all submit two entries, one in the style of "Mound of Hostages." :D and the other in whatever style we choose?

Frank Zappa + Agent Weebley. It will probably cancel itself out and we'll end up with a Straight Story.

Frank Zappa + Agent Weebley. It will probably cancel itself out and we'll end up with a Straight Story.

You guys are toooo funny! I really can't give much away at this point, but I think my story will be "in the pack," so to speak.

I have a question: should we, or should we not embed the song at the beginning of the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

My story title isn't too bad actually. I went to Wikipedia to have a look at some of Zappa's other song titles......that is one humongous discography

You guys are toooo funny! I really can't give much away at this point, but I think my story will be "in the pack," so to speak.

I have a question: should we, or should we not embed the song at the beginning of the story?

No YouTube videos. Don't forget you'll be submitting by PM.

No YouTube videos. Don't forget you'll be submitting by PM.

OK, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

Am I too late to join in, pickarooney?

Arlecchina wrote: »
    Am I too late to join in, pickarooney?

I'll add you tomorrow.

We're getting close to saturation point for a single contest at this stage; depending on how many actually submit we might need to split it over two weeks.

25 people are on board now. I think that's probably enough.

One entry in already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

One entry in already :)

Tsch, show-off. *grumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I'm happy with my theme. Havn't started the physical writing but I'm mentally wringing idea's.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

Can I have a change of theme please? It feels like cheating but I'm really at a loss for anything to write!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

I have the grand sum of one sentence written. Go me.

Anyone using their lyrics as a jumping-off point? Or are you all just working with the song title alone?

Archillles. If its okay with the authority I'll swap with you. Mine is as boring as a nuns knickers drawer. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Arlecchina wrote: »
    I have the grand sum of one sentence written. Go me.

Anyone using their lyrics as a jumping-off point? Or are you all just working with the song title alone?

Not looking at mine til wednesday+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If anyone pulls out prematurely in the next few days, can I have a go? 25 is plenty, too many to read otherwise, but I need some distraction at the moment.

Thanks! :)

Archillles. If its okay with the authority I'll swap with you. Mine is as boring as a nuns knickers drawer. ;)

Do you want a different one? No swapsies though, it will be drawn at random.

Do you want a different one? No swapsies though, it will be drawn at random.

Cheers Mr Picka. Would love a new one. Thanks a mill

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Blush_01 wrote: »
    If anyone pulls out prematurely in the next few days, can I have a go? 25 is plenty, too many to read otherwise, but I need some distraction at the moment.

Thanks! :)

Blush, you can take my place. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this time around. I've got a lot coming up in the next few weeks and my head's all over the place.

@pika, let me know if you want me to send my prompt to Blush or if you're going to send her a new one.

DK

I'll make the change myself so I have a track of the PMs in my outbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Wait,k when is the deadline again? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The competition will close at 23.59:59 on the 14th of October 2012.

DK: :(

Advertisement