Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get a bigger pull buoy.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

+1 although judging from the photo the buoy might be bigger than me.

Don't worry I'll just write 'Life Raft' on the outside of the parcel so you don't feel too intimidated.

Cheers for the interest folks. I'll get cracking with the pencil sharpener.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ray o

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

+1

I'm closing off this thread on 1st December as I need to confirm the order so everyone gets their Big Buoy while they are still in the pool training. I have PM'd everyone who has expressed interest so far and you are all included. Thankyou.

Thanks to the nudge I just got, I put a follow up call into the agent. Its one of those good news / bad news situations.

Good news the order is placed.

Bad news, they are completely and utterly out of stock in UK distributors and no more due until the New Year. (I should have been told that when I first enquired about a group deal)

Good news the price won't be any different, that I can hold. I fully understand if anyone wants to remove themselves from the list to source independently through online stores but I will retain the names for first, come first served once they arrive.

You'll know more as soon as I know more. Sorry about getting hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

DO NOT GOOGLE BIG BUOY IN WORK

After a long wait they have finally arrived in Ireland. I'm fire a PM off to all of you that expressed interest and we'll figure out how best to get them to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

After a long wait they have finally arrived in Ireland. I'm fire a PM off to all of you that expressed interest and we'll figure out how best to get them to you.

Airmail for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »
    Airmail for me :rolleyes:

Yeah, throw it at him good and hard!!
    :D

BTH wrote: »
    Yeah, throw it at him good and hard!!
    :D

I'm glad you qualified that statement by 'throw' and not 'give'.

With all the double entendre possible around the use of the phrase 'Big Buoy', I could have a hard time convincing the wife that these are actually emails from customers about a product, and they're not looking for a 'service'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I'm glad you qualified that statement by 'throw' and not 'give'.

With all the double entendre possible around the use of the phrase 'Big Buoy', I could have a hard time convincing the wife that these are actually emails from customers about a product, and they're not looking for a 'service'.

:pac::pac::pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I plan to use mine as a canoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Sorry to revive an old thread but I can't find these anywhere. Base2Race didn't have them. Anybody know where to get them or does anybody who got one from AKW want to sell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

I'm sure Ray O will sell his, he's selling everything. PM him

rooneyjm wrote: »
    I'm sure Ray O will sell his, he's selling everything. PM him

:):):)

I would but I left it at pool side one morning. Peter Kern claimed it was too big for him to put in his bag so he left it on top of the lockers. It was long gone when I got back to the pool. I think he took it home and uses it as a rescue buoy at his open water sessions.

FWIW I now use a zone3 PB from B2R that I really like.

Any interest in a TYR Transition Backpack? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i think akw still has some? i picked up one from him a year ago after this deal was done, but i seem to recal him saying he might have a couple more. did you give him a call?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ray o wrote: »

which model? any pics?

• Advertisement

I've none left but you might find an ex triathlete now turned cyclist who may have no use for his lurking around here. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I lost mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    I've none left but you might find an ex triathlete now turned cyclist who may have no use for his lurking around here. ;)

Nah he still uses his

paediatric-toilet-step.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

ray o wrote: »
    :):):)

At this rate you'll have an empty shed to sell.

rooneyjm wrote: »
    At this rate you'll have an empty shed to sell.

I might rent it out :)

Still have the dreadmill up there. Can't be arsed selling that. Although........

mossym wrote: »
    which model? any pics?

Not sure on model, got it from B2R a couple of years ago. Colour is black/navy. No pics to hand. Will try later.

How could you lose one?! They're massive! Thanks for replying anyway.
    B2R only had the normal size ones last week.

You could try bonding two of the smaller ones together or pick up neoprene shorts. I've been trying them lately, you get the lift of a pullbuoy but can still kick too.

AKW wrote: »
    You could try bonding two of the smaller ones together or pick up neoprene shorts. I've been trying them lately, you get the lift of a pullbuoy but can still kick too.

I might try the shorts. Any brands you'd recommend? The more buoyant the better! I know I have to practice my balance and getting my chest deep but it's as if my legs are filled with lead.

• Advertisement

I'm using Zone3 shorts at the moment. Not sure if there is a whole lot of difference between brands really. They just do a job :)

Advertisement