Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook competitions, anyone ever win?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Nothing but people sharing pictures and liking pages in order to win All Ireland tickets, ipads,iphones,dr dre etc etc.

Has anyone ever won any of these prizes or even know someone who won a prize?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

El Weirdo likes this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I won a face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I won a Google+ account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Nobody wins those. They are scams

Google+ is shoite, as with all google products that aren't a search engine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

eth0 wrote: »

what about gmail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

what about gmail?
    And Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

Looks like someone couldn't get through Google's interview process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Shelflife wrote: »
    Nothing but people sharing pictures and liking pages in order to win All Ireland tickets, ipads,iphones,dr dre etc etc.

The often make appearances on my facebook feed, mainly clothing or cosmetics. Friends have won gifts and 'token' thanks for sharing said images alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

99% are either just trying to get people to like their fake page or advertise a product.

If you did get a message from one of them though claiming you won, and it was genuine, wonder how you would go about verifying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

what about gmail?
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    And Android.

And Reader

And Gchat

Maps

Picasa

Drive/Docs

Youtube (although thats getting worse)

Calendar

Translate

Navigation

Goggles (although thats search)

Chrome

• Advertisement

If you dislike all the "LIKE & SHARE" stuff, you'll love this:
    https://www.facebook.com/corporatebollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

irish-stew wrote: »
    99% are either just trying to get people to like their fake page or advertise a product.

If you did get a message from one of them though claiming you won, and it was genuine, wonder how you would go about verifying it.

Apparently they have received a pm with some code and once they went into said store and produced that code, they received what it was they were informed they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

u mad at google?

I've won a few restaurant/take away vouchers through facebook. They just sent the code via facebook mail.

Know someone who won a holiday on one but have no idea how that was organised.

Looks like someone couldn't get through Google's interview process.

Looks like someone is a Google fanboy (never tried the interview process)
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    And Android.

Horrible OS. Only good thing about it is the linux kernel, I only put up with it because there is nothing better around at the moment.
    what about gmail?

"Lets give everyone free email, make it kind of break even by analysing the content of every email and bombarding them with ads because of this, even companies, everyone, free email. Until all those people and companies forget how to run their own email systems, we'll keep developing ours when they stop and take the easy way out and just use ours, this way we'll soon be in a real position of power".

This kind of flooding the market trick has been around since the year dot.

I know there are a lot of Google fanboys and even employees on this site but personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Just another company that needs to bring a return to its shareholders.

You're just too cool, eth0.

So non-conformist and not one of the sheeple. I bet you're into loads of bands you're sure I've never heard of too, and a load more than used to be cool before they were mainstream and whose demo b-sides were their best material.

As a photographer, I get a fair bit of work through Facebook, and have given away free portrait sessions and such in the past.

Is that the kinda thing you mean?

You're just too cool, eth0.

So non-conformist and not one of the sheeple. I bet you're into loads of bands you're sure I've never heard of too, and a load more than used to be cool before they were mainstream and whose demo b-sides were their best material.

Using the word 'sheeple' is conformist these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Horrible OS. Only good thing about it is the linux kernel, I only put up with it because there is nothing better around at the moment.

"The only good thing about it is that it's best thing around at the moment."

:pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

A friend won tickets to Poznan for the Ireland V Spain game with a facebook carlsbergs comp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Shelflife wrote: »

Dr Dre was a Facebook prize?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

won two tickets to a dublin game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    won two tickets to a dublin game.

Sorry to hear that. You ok buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I won 2 tickets to an OKC Thunder game and also won a copy of NBA 2K13 just yesterday. I'll get it when it's released next month. I won a voucher for a skiing trip to Lake Tahoe but i couldn't claim it as the small print said federal employees couldn't enter.

A lot of them are scams but i signed up to a group that posts up supposedly legit ones. So i enter the ones i like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I won 40 euro in groupon credit for a retweet. They sent a code to my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I won a ticket to the trinity ball by retweeting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Yeah I won two tickets off Pods facebook page for the Chic (Nile Rodgers) gig in Dublin recently, saved 80 euro, fantastic gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

Looks like someone is a Google fanboy (never tried the interview process)

"Lets give everyone free email, make it kind of break even by analysing the content of every email and bombarding them with ads because of this, even companies, everyone, free email. Until all those people and companies forget how to run their own email systems, we'll keep developing ours when they stop and take the easy way out and just use ours, this way we'll soon be in a real position of power".

This kind of flooding the market trick has been around since the year dot.

I know there are a lot of Google fanboys and even employees on this site but personally I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Just another company that needs to bring a return to its shareholders.

Google Earth ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Ok, but apart from..

Gmail

Google search

Android

Reader

Gchat

Maps

Picasa

Drive/Docs

Youtube (although thats getting worse)

Calendar

Translate

Navigation

Goggles (although thats search)

Chrome

Analytics

what has Google done for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

"For every like this little girl gets, Facebook will donate $1 to cancer research"

Not a competition, but still can't be true...

Advertisement