Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another noob

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ok ****ty day today, craving really bad. Went to try change the battery, when I realised I picked up the wrong glasses case, and instead of the spare battery, I have my spare glasses.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

seems so strange you're getting such strong cravings even though you're vaping

i've heard of people having the odd craving here and there but it seems almost constant for you

seems so strange you're getting such strong cravings even though you're vaping

i've heard of people having the odd craving here and there but it seems almost constant for you

Hmm, maybe you are mixing me with someone else? First time I have had cravings like this, but its only been 4 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah
    then I am confusing you with someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Vape as much as you need to help with the cravings. If you are getting too much your body will tell you and you will let it down, its similar to when you have had enough of a cigarette and you don't smoke for a while.

What mg strength e-liquid are you using?

• Advertisement

newmark wrote: »
    Vape as much as you need to help with the cravings. If you are getting too much your body will tell you and you will let it down, its similar to when you have had enough of a cigarette and you don't smoke for a while.

What mg strength e-liquid are you using?

18mg El Toro, which is what I have been vaping from the start. Anyway seems to be easing off a bit, I dunno, maybe its all the other chemicals from smoking my body is craving?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Possibly yes, I started off on 24mg and stayed on that for about 2 months. I've worked my way down to 12 mg since and am comfortable on that level for now and hope to drop a bit more but you could try getting a small size 24mg of RY4 or something to see if it works better for you for the first month or so.
    If your getting bad cravings the 18mg might not be doing it for you.

Its a good idea also to sit down for 10 minutes when you get a bad craving and just enjoy a good few long drawn out draws one after the other, as you get more used to vaping you should find what works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I hadn't resigned myself completely from smoking, but I've tried to smoke a rollie twice (both in the morning) and I couldn't get past the second pull. It tastes vile now. I much prefer the sweet soft aromas of the El Toro.

It's only been three days 0_0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

You've been smoking for god knows how many years. For all those years when the craving hit a cigarette would appear in your minds eye. You'd grab a ciggy, pull on it and the craving would go. Your brain has been primed to picture a cigarette when it experiences the craving so to speak. Now you are getting your physical nicotine addiction fix and your psychological addiction fix (Throathit and relaxing pull) from the ecig. However your brain is still primed to picture a real cig when the craving hits just like it always has for all those years. You need to realise that its not the real cig you crave at all, its just your brain telling you, more nicotine please!!

The brain will relearn over the next few days to start picturing your vape gear instead :D At that point you'll recognise for yourself that it was never really a real cig you were craving now, it was of course the nicotine. Don't worry, it'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Calibos, I really think you've hit the nail on the head.

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    I hadn't resigned myself completely from smoking, but I've tried to smoke a rollie twice (both in the morning) and I couldn't get past the second pull. It tastes vile now. I much prefer the sweet soft aromas of the El Toro.

It's only been three days 0_0

I've been like that as well, just today(well not so anymore) I had real bad cravings. Anyway, I got over them, feel grand now, and vaping away. I guess its good, I know I can get over any future bouts.

Advertisement