Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing arcade cabinet for work - recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Keep us in the loop with that man.

I contacted that guy on eBay about the control panel a while back. General enquiry so the ground work has been laid there for you.
    Think his prices are 70 quid excluding shipping. Based in Italy. He doesn't supply the overlay so you'll have to get that from somewhere else.

I'm not 100% sure but I think his method for mounting the joystick plates and screws is a tad iffy. Countersunk screws through the panel itself. Could lead to an uneven surface on the top if the panel which could affect the appearance of the overlay.
    The price for the panel is of 65 € (no solderings. Countersink holes and countersink screws. As the topic in ArcadeOtaku)

Otherwise, I am studying an altenative way (see images) but it costs 70 € (for the adding of small plates. little solderings)

If you want the fixing holes (plate to cab) hidden to sight (Countersink holes and countersink screws) you have to add 5 €.

Shipping in Ireland? I think it is between 20-25 €.

Images attached to this post

I have a spare 2P 6B CP for ma Naomi if your interested

I brought a 2P6B panel into work but didn't get a chance to swap it over to check it out as it will leave a gap all the way around the panel. Might look like poo but will test and come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

No problimo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Starcabs also supply those panels but are out of stock. They are based in France like Neo Legend so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same panel and supplier as both are out of stock

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=219_217&products_id=828

I emailed starcab at the start of Sept and they said it would be back in stock in 15 days. A month later and still no sign. I emailed them again. Will let you know if I get any updates.

Starcabs also supply those panels but are out of stock. They are based in France like Neo Legend so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same panel and supplier as both are out of stock

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=219_217&products_id=828

I emailed starcab at the start of Sept and they said it would be back in stock in 15 days. A month later and still no sign. I emailed them again. Will let you know if I get any updates.

In the time between contacting that 'pookycade' dude via eBay I had a moment of madness and ordered one of the panels from StarCab even though they had it marked as out of stock. Mailed them a day after and they said;

"You ordered an out of stock item. There is a delay of 10 days."

So, I will hold off ordering from the 'pookycade' eBay lad and see and StarCab come up with :)

Anyone have any suggests about an overlay should either of them come through with a panel? The graphic isn't the issue obviously, the printing is.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm. First 15 days. Now another 10. Don't hold your breath!

This fella on neo-geo.com also seems to be doing the 2 player overlays now. Didn't offer them last time I checked.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236146-UPDATE-NEW-ART-ADDED-BIGTIMES-ART-PREORDERS-CPOS-NOW-AVAILABLE

Any progress with the control panel kerb?

Waiting on StarCab - sure, they have another weekish :)
    I'm bumping that thread which the dude is selling the overlays, not looking good at the mo though

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Waiting on StarCab - sure, they have another weekish :)
    I'm bumping that thread which the dude is selling the overlays, not looking good at the mo though

I dropped a pm to that overlay guy as well. Just seems to be ignoring it. Will let you know if I hear anything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

I have a repro atomiswave overlay that I got printed I'd be willing to trade.

purplec wrote: »

Sweet, any idea what you might like/want?

Who did you get to print purplec?

Found it, remember its a repro on hard wearing laminated material.

I remember I had a **** load but only 2 left now

e0b4a20d.jpg

Found it, remember its a repro on hard wearing laminated material.

I remember I had a **** load but only 2 left now

I will send yea a PM now :)

Replied

Advertisement