Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Dublin Marathon 29/10/12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I'm in. Have a 3:02:38 PB from last year. Hoping to run with the 3hr pacers this year and lose those bastard 159 seconds.
    Bambaata wrote: »
    Am doing DCM too. Hoping for a sub 3. Definitely not doing this the convential way! Havent exactly given myself huge time to ramp up the long runs so after two hours (longest ive done in a good two to three years) will be interesting. Should be managable though. Ran a 01:29 (slight short though I think, by about 300 - 400m) HM last week in the lost sheep tri on legs that were toast so im thinking theres some endurance there.

Great
    I am a sub 3hr pacer.
    I have many questions around cranksets, bottom brackets, power meters...
    I can wreck your heads for info then for 3hrs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I get the fact of the enjoyment but why not push yourself, surely you get more enjoyment crossing the line knowing you could give no more. + you will get to admire Oryx in the 3:30 group and laugh at the midget pacing it:)

Half tempted to do it now myself and run behind you with a big sign "its more like 60km for him, look at this ickle legs"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

3:30 is going to be like a Compressport AGM with all the calf guards and shaved legs that will be there.

3:30 is going to be like a Compressport AGM with all the calf guards and shaved legs that will be there.

I know, we'll all look silly waddling around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    Half tempted to do it now myself and run behind you with a big sign "its more like 60km for him, look at this ickle legs"

In your current state a sub 3:30 might be a stretch:) I have a feeling the 3:30 group is where the action and fun will be at.

• Advertisement

In your current state a sub 3:30 might be a stretch:) I have a feeling the 3:30 group is where the action and fun will be at.

I'm fat and out of shape not crippled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I hope JB doesn't have to wear a helium balloon? He'll need to wear a pair Kayanos to keep his feet on the ground ;)*

Planning on doing it. Did a 20 miler this morning and hated every step of it. Misery heaped upon misery. I was hoping for sub 3 but after this morning...confidence booster my arse!

*I may or may not be the same height as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Lads, you know you can't all just line up behind the pacer to let him pull you around, right?:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

RayCun wrote: »
    Lads, you know you can't all just line up behind the pacer to let him pull you around, right?:D
    I dont intend to. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Oryx wrote: »
    I dont intend to. :p

No, by the sounds of it you are going to be made run just in front - like Benny Hill in reverse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

RayCun wrote: »

I thought this was a draft legal race! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seems to me that these runner folk might feel threatened by th Tri folk doing running!? :p
    Yeah, we're positively quivering. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Yeah, we're positively quivering. ;)

Ahh, he lurks...only a matter of time before you shave your legs and do what's right...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Izoard wrote: »
    Ahh, he lurks...only a matter of time before you shave your legs and do what's right...

He's 2/3's the way already. Bets on him competing in a duathlon by May 2013?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Abhainn wrote: »
    He's 2/3's the way already. Bets on him competing in a duathlon by May 2013?

Such a waste of a perfectly good 910xt... take off the Oakleys and get your hair wet Mr. Clown!

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Such a waste of a perfectly good 910xt... take off the Oakleys and get your hair wet Mr. Clown!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm probably in as well, although I haven't entered yet.
    Abhainn wrote: »
    Great
    I am a sub 3hr pacer.
    I have many questions around cranksets, bottom brackets, power meters...
    I can wreck your heads for info then for 3hrs:)

Hopefully I'll be getting to know Abhain and KentuckyPete very well that day. Although i know little about PMs etc

As for Bambatta, you can ignore anything he says, he'll be at least 10 minutes up the road by the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

tunney wrote: »
    3:40 marathon. Assumed you lost a leg in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Now that was funny. I just did a snot laugh.

Thanks for cheering up my day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I'm probably in as well, although I haven't entered yet.

Hopefully I'll be getting to know Abhain and KentuckyPete very well that day. Although i know little about PMs etc

As for Bambatta, you can ignore anything he says, he'll be at least 10 minutes up the road by the finish.

Ha i wish this was the case!

Have we a list of names to look out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Not long now. The Ironmen around here must be fit to burst when their much anticipated races come around.

Advertisement