Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Dublin Marathon 29/10/12

Options
  • 13-09-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Seems like stand-alone running has become our Dirty Little Secret, now that we've our own playground.

So, who's in to join the hairy-legged specimens from the dark side on the Bank Holiday Monday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

I'm in. Have a 3:02:38 PB from last year. Hoping to run with the 3hr pacers this year and lose those bastard 159 seconds. Training going so-so - getting the mileage in but finding the pace a real challenge on the faster workouts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll decide on the 27th or 28th of October :cool: I'll definitely train for the marathon I do after the next marathon I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

I'll decide on the 27th or 28th of October :cool: I'll definitely train for the marathon I do after the next marathon I do.

International Woman of Mystery these days - no-shows at A races, maiden victories, hard to pin down to events- I'd say the WADA guys have a hard time tracking you down for testing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

DCM got a bit of a mention on the Messing thread and myself, AmpWest:rolleyes:, Oryx and Catweazle will be joining JB's 3:30 pacer group with BennyMul also doing it for fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

RedB wrote: »
    DCM got a bit of a mention on the Messing thread and myself, AmpWest:rolleyes:, Oryx and Catweazle will be joining JB's 3:30 pacer group with BennyMul also doing it for fun

Gonna have fun ripping the pis$$ out of you lads & lassies at around mile 22, you will run faster to get away from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Izoard wrote: »
    Seems like stand-alone running has become our Dirty Little Secret, now that we've our own playground.

So, who's in to join the hairy-legged specimens from the dark side on the Bank Holiday Monday?
    RedB wrote: »

This is getting a bit real now! Was alright in the messing thread, it could be laughed off there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Gonna have fun ripping the pis$$ out of you lads & lassies at around mile 22, you will run faster to get away from me.

Chances of JB lasting until mile 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Grand I will wait at mile 22 for ye, unless i get cold hanging around of course.:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'll be behind you.

I heard you had a nice ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm tempted to dress as a prawn and run with the 3.30 group :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Eh WTF?? Mcos bans for the lot of them.

DCM threads in the "other" board. With the mini-marathon and Zombie run sh1te!

Was thinking I was going to run DCM in a banana suit and push my nephews along in a buggy. Would that be cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

That depends. What would you be listening to on your iPhone?

Izoard wrote: »
    Chances of JB lasting until mile 22?
    Wager for closest to pace time:)
    BennyMul wrote: »
    Grand I will wait at mile 22 for ye, unless i get cold hanging around of course.:D
    You should be well up the road lad, if i pass you something has gone wrong.
    Oryx wrote: »
    I'll be behind you.

I heard you had a nice ass.

Yes i have and a great personality:cool:

I heard you have one too so you can run along in front or beside me either way i will be paying no attention to what pace we are running:) Kurt was actually on asking would i transfer out of 3:30 pace group so he could personally pace you:)
    griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to dress as a prawn and run with the 3.30 group :)

I will eat you, love prawns.
    tunney wrote: »
    Eh WTF?? Mcos bans for the lot of them.

DCM threads in the "other" board. With the mini-marathon and Zombie run sh1te!

Whilst we have you Tunney i can run a 5k in 38mins, do you think off 6 weeks training and 23km a week that i could go sub 3 in DCM:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Any fat girls doing this? They're the real heros.
    What's the medals look like?
    What's in the goodybag?
    My garmin clocked it at 26.5 miles last year, hope the feckers have re-measured.
    Can I wear headphones?
    I'm starting at the front.
    Are there 7 hr pacers?
    Lads could I do this off two weeks training? Used to do gaa so I'm fit.
    Anyone buying or selling numbers?
    Whats the record for a backwards marathon?
    My entry fee pays the elites wages so I'm their boss.
    Is this a pb course? I did 67 mins for the marathon in June.
    Can I bring my dog with me?
    Can I bring my elephant with me?

Basster wrote: »
    That depends. What would you be listening to on your iPhone?

I was going to start another thread to ask what other people listen to when they run. What music do you listen to when you run?

Oh you know, the usual. 80s power ballads, David Guetta (a real pioneer of dance music who is in no way rubbish). Oh and Kasabian. I love them. Very talented bunch.

Anything loud so to distract attention from the fact that I'm running, cos running is boring, you know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I was going to start another thread to ask what other people listen to when they run. What music do you listen to when you run?

I listen to dance music with plenty of vocals if possible, a uppity dj would call it melodic, uplifting, euphoric and epleptic, I just like a good beat for the faster stuff. Recovery runs I could listen to anything to be honest

Favourite current running albums * in training runs only, it is not allowed in races

BT- These Hopeful Machines (nice call from Kingquez)
    BT - These re-imagined Machines (dj mixes of the original album)
    Dirty Vegas - Dirty Vegas (great for tempo runs - constant beat)
    David Guetta - Nothing but the beat (charty but very catchy)
    Paul Oakenfold - The Goa Mixes (going all out on the bike - therefore very rarely listened to :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Am doing DCM too. Hoping for a sub 3. Definitely not doing this the convential way! Havent exactly given myself huge time to ramp up the long runs so after two hours (longest ive done in a good two to three years) will be interesting. Should be managable though. Ran a 01:29 (slight short though I think, by about 300 - 400m) HM last week in the lost sheep tri on legs that were toast so im thinking theres some endurance there.

Music wise, im all about the techno (Ben Klock, James Ruskin, Surgeon, Shed, Jeff Mills, Ben Sims etc). Use to play around town, country a bit and local forests/golf courses. In fact if anyones interested im playing in Twisted Pepper on Saturday week. First gig in about 1.5 to 2 yrs as part of Bodytonic's 10th anniversary. It was actually Trev, BT bossman, who introduced me to triathlon in the first place! I use to be resident for their Pogo night in Pod and then TP. Considering I havent turned on my decks in a few years, this should be "interesting"!!

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Any fat girls doing this? They're the real heros.

BOUNCY, BOUNCY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Jaysus! We've a messing thread that goes all DCM serious (my fault, I know) and a serious DCM thread that goes all messing!

Seems to me that these runner folk might feel threatened by th Tri folk doing running!? :p

Ok, for serious post! Doing it, first time. Should be well able for 3:30 but aiming for sub 3:40 or so, want to enjoy it.
    And I don't listen to music running, the rhythm upsets my...rhythm.

Ok, for serious post! Doing it, first time. Should be well able for 3:30 but aiming for sub 3:40 or so, want to enjoy it.

Didn't realise you served in Iraq?

You've lost me.

You've lost me.

3:40 marathon. Assumed you lost a leg in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Ah, very good. And I was all careful not to use the word "running" in direct reference to my marathon attempt. Can't win.

I get the fact of the enjoyment but why not push yourself, surely you get more enjoyment crossing the line knowing you could give no more. + you will get to admire Oryx in the 3:30 group and laugh at the midget pacing it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+ you will get to admire Oryx in the 3:30 group and laugh at the midget pacing it:)

I'm contemplating running it just for this :D

Maybe you're right. Just not sure I've put in enough long miles. Will see how I am in a month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

tunney wrote: »
    BOUNCY, BOUNCY.

Jaysus I'm definitely doing it now :)

Advertisement