Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help set us up

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hello all

I have been reading the forum for ages, and I'm still lost as to what we need to get us started.

We've been using a disposable the last week (myself and other half). It's worked out brilliant and way way better than we had expected. It's expensive though as we have to buy 3 x €6.99 a day.

So, we have €100 to spend tomorrow on 2 systems.

I know extra batteries are important, but after that I'm lost. Can anyone link everything that we need to order and will €100 for 2 people be enough?

Also say if we ordered first thing tomorrow morning, when would we get it? Based in the West of Ireland.

In relation to juices, the tobacco flavour disposable we have is great, what's the closest to the real thing in juices?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

If i was you and if you are available i'd hold off until vapefest on saturday. you can see other systems and ask opinions, and you can try the various juices at the juice bar to see which ones you like :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/xldcc.htm dual coil cartomiser kit. simple kit, does the job and pretty cheap. get two 900mah batteries so one will last you the day

once you have the batteries, if you decide you dont like the dual coil cartomisers or even if you just want to try something else.. you can just buy it and so long as it has 510 or ego fittings it will fit and work fine on your battery

there's loads of options to choose from including variable voltage or clearomisers or tanks.. but for simplicities sake, this kit has everything you want.
    in a few months if you decide you want to try something else.. no harm

and
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1822.htm a mouth piece for the cartomisers

juice wise.
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltorocn.htm
    i love this stuff, it's made with real tobacco leaves so it's a bit more authentic than most juices

you're never gona get one that' tastes like the real thing though and juice tastes are very subjective.
    you'll be best off ordering a few 10ml bottles of a few different flavours to see what you like

strength wise.. 18mg is usually a good starting point

if you order tomorrow morning you should have it the day after.. althoughn when I was staying at my parents orders sometimes took 2 days.. if you order before 4pm today you should havee it in tomorrows post.. provided an post don't decide to take it on a tour of the country first.

10% discount code of 'boards' without the ' for that website, free shipping on orders over 65.. so 100 should get you the two kits plus a few different bottles of juice

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Would definitely recommend trying to get to vapefest if you can. You'll be able to try everything out there.

If you can't you will need the following:

- Batteries (2 each)
    - Chargers
    - Top Connections (can be tank, clearomiser, atomiser, cartomiser etc).
    - Liquid (try a few different flavours)

I've done up a mock shopping cart on ESI (e-smokeireland.eu) and the total comes to just shy of €96 with the boards discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Thanks everyone :)

Would love to go to Vapefest, but we can't make it this weekend.

That's great there is a discount. Will pop on those links now and have a browse.

sept09babys shopping cart is pretty good

people have been giving good reviews to those kangers

the only change i'd make is add a 10ml bottle of el toro cigarillos naturales :)

• Advertisement

sept09babys shopping cart is pretty good

people have been giving good reviews to those kangers

the only change i'd make is add a 10ml bottle of el toro cigarillos naturales :)

Only saw that now. I'm confused again lol. Is that basically a made up kit now? Where is the bit you smoke out of

Only saw that now. I'm confused again lol. Is that basically a made up kit now? Where is the bit you smoke out of

the kanger 2 clearomiser is the bit you smoke out of. the bit in the middle is filled with the juice. the piece to the left is a spare atomiser that fits inside it and the black piece is the mouthpiece that fits on top.

the whole set up screws onto the battery and you press the button and vape away :)

the kanger 2 clearomiser is the bit you smoke out of. the bit in the middle is filled with the juice. the piece to the left is a spare atomiser that fits inside it and the black piece is the mouthpiece that fits on top.

the whole set up screws onto the battery and you press the button and vape away :)

Thank you :)

Yeah I included the Kanger T2 clearomisers as they are a good starting point. You simply unskrew the top and pour in the liquid.

Once you're set up and vaping away, you can start to play around with the millions of options out there!

sept09baby wrote: »
    Yeah I included the Kanger T2 clearomisers as they are a good starting point. You simply unskrew the top and pour in the liquid.

Once you're set up and vaping away, you can start to play around with the millions of options out there!

Excellent.

How long would a bottle of liquid last? Say for a 20+ a day smoker of John Player Blue for example. And is that the only continuos costs for vaping, bar the odd replacement or upgrade?

• Advertisement

Excellent.

How long would a bottle of liquid last? Say for a 20+ a day smoker of John Player Blue for example. And is that the only continuos costs for vaping, bar the odd replacement or upgrade?

Depends on the strength of the juice and the size of the bottle really. i used to smoke about 20 marlboro light a day and at the moment a 10 ml bottle would last me about a week. and yes the juice is the only continous cost.

You'll also need to get new clearomisers (or replace the heads in them).

I was a 20-25 a day Superking smoker and now that I'm all set up I spend between €25 and €35 a month on liquid and clearomisers.

That doesnt include upgraded devices etc but it's still a huge difference!

I use about 3mls per day (+/- 1ml) but everyone is different. Some people use a stronger nicotine level and less mls and some use weaker nicotine liquid but more often. You'll settle in to your own niche pretty quickly

you wont know how much liquid costs until you actually start vaping and get a feel for how much you vape and how much liquid you use

some people use 8-10ml a day and those clearomisers are pretty thirsty. now you'd have to have it in your mouth every few seconds to use 8-10ml a day imo, but some people do it

i think the average is between 3-5ml a day and that's for moderate-heavyish vapers.

the batteries oughta last you a long while.. after that all youll need is juice and replacement atomiser heads for the kanger clearomiser.
    you can also buy another kanger clearomiser so you have two on the go for different flavours but it will mainly be replacement heads (iirc 2 euro a go) and juice

--edit

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/t2coils.htm

link for the replacement heads

throw a couple of these into your order as well when you make it.
    the atomisers thatcome with the kanger are 2.4 ohms.. on a normal ego battery you might find that's perfect.. you might find it's a bit cool.. as with a lot of things in vaping.. it's down to personal preference.
    I'd reccomend you order 1 or 2 of the lower resistance (1.7-1.9 or 2.1-2.2 ohm) atomiser heads as well just so you can compare and contrast.. see which resistance is best for you.
    once you know which resistance coil you prefer.. then you can just keep ordering them whenever you need them

That's pretty amazing. I was thinking the one liquid would last a day. We spend the guts of €500 per month on cigarettes. I love smoking, and the disposable one I've had fits every requirement. Can't wait to get my kit.

Going to replicate Sept09's shopping list and add the liquid you recommended Caeser. Ridiculously excited :D. Would love Vapefest, hopefully next year. Thanks everyone. Will update.

Feck. They only do Paypal on that site. Will have to activate the Visa Debit card before I can order.

yeah they're working on a new payment system I think.. but there's some reason that they have to wait another month or two to get a finalised version in.. nothing they can do about it from what I remember. it might be something to do with the new visa debit cards becoming the standard.. whats the point in paying for a laser system if they're going to be obsolete in 3 months time.

if you're going to be in dublin you can pay in cash and collect

yeah they're working on a new payment system I think.. but there's some reason that they have to wait another month or two to get a finalised version in.. nothing they can do about it from what I remember. it might be something to do with the new visa debit cards becoming the standard.. whats the point in paying for a laser system if they're going to be obsolete in 3 months time.

if you're going to be in dublin you can pay in cash and collect

Setting up those systems are a nightmare. Got that visa debit sent to me last month, so I'll get my skates on and activate it and set up a Paypal.

All ordered :D. Really hoping it does come tomorrow cause spent ALL my money on the site. 2 disposables left.

Thanks everyone.

should come tomorrow unless an post decide to **** with you

• Advertisement

Should arrive tomorrow. Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on

Shipped already. I will be hounding the postman lol.

Will let you know. Enjoy Vapefest.

It arrived!!!!!! How fast was that, only ordered this time yesterday.

First impressions, amazing. Thanks everyone for your help.

We got a part (dual coil) written on the side, but don't know where it goes?

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/product_images/e/657/Dual_coil_cartomizer__39882_zoom.jpg

does it look like this?

you just screw it into the battery where you screw the tank

i think you will be able to use the mouthpiece for the tank with the cartomiser.. just take the white rubber piece out of the top and put the mouthpiece in there

how to fill cartomisers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Edit and erase: Way too fast, Digby!

Thanks. Will view that video when I can. Signal is a bit bad. It does fit on to the battery alright.

That was it. :). Thanks for recommending e-smokeireland.eu they are great to deal with.

have you tried the el toro yet? curious to know what a recently ex-smoker would think of it

I really like it. Other half prefers the RY4-A. He was quite sceptical about vaping, but he's thrilled and vaping away now. Throwing out the ash trays as I type lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I hate ash trays, cigarette butts, lighters, the smell of the things... all those things make me go 'yuck'

When I take a toke of my vapouriser I'm 'oooooh yeeeea' :D

You're going to have a better smelling cleaner house, healthier bodies, I could go on and on. Congratulations! Love it when another smoker is converted :)

Advertisement