Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Lying Eyes" Sharon Collins freed from prison

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Motorist wrote: »
    The DPP are appealing the leniency of that sentence.

Yeah, I heard that. It's good news though we'll just to wait and see what the outcome will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What does she look like? You probably would.

Black widow danger ride and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Her sentence was lenient from the start because her husband, and intended victim, sorta testified on her behalf if I remember correctly. Told the judge he still loved her I think.
    The gob****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Her tranny riding former 'man' will probably take her back under his wing, it's apparent he likes it in the gicker

I'm surprised his sons haven't disowned him, it's them that were potentially the innocent victims of this evil biatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

0066ad wrote: »
    They probably needed her cell, for someone that hasn't paid their tv license.

or someone who bought a shitload of garlic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Apparently the man she tried to murder spoke up for her too. Read that earlier.

What a gob****è!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Gee Bag wrote: »
    I dont want to get all technical about it, but, if you don't murder someone then your not a murderer. Simples.

But the only reason she isn't a murderer is because she's an inept clown. Why should the justice system reward incompetence? She fully intended to do something, it should be punished as if she had done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

token101 wrote: »
    But the only reason she isn't a murderer is because she's an inept clown. Why should the justice system reward incompetence? She fully intended to do something, it should be punished as if she had done it.

That's exactly how I see it. It's just stupidity on her part and good luck on her potential victim's that she didn't go down for murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Biggins wrote: »
    In England and Wales, as an "attempt", attempted murder is an offence under section 1(1) of the Criminal Attempts Act 1981 and is an indictable offence which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment - here, the max she got for planning attempted murder was six years, and out in just under four. LINK.

The law yet again is an ass in Ireland.

Honestly, where is the serious deterrent?

The guiding principle in sentencing policy in Ireland is proportionality, It's summed up in DPP V O'Driscoll which is quoted a lot in Irish cases-

[FONT=cd9800348d99a6a109e23138#400400]
    [FONT=cd9800348d99a6a109e23138#400400]“It is therefore the duty of the courts to pass what are appropriate sentences in each case having regard to the particular circumstances of that case – not only in regard to the particular crime but in regard to the particular criminal.”[/FONT]

This is why we have very few mandatory sentences in Ireland. The two best examples are murder which gets life and possession of drugs worth over €12,700 is supposed to get 10 years. If the DPP thinks a sentence is too short they can appeal it to a superior court.

AFAIK The relativley short sentence in the Sharon Collins case was imposed due to the utter ineptitude of the planned murder attempt and the high probability that she would not reoffend. If a known scumbag was found in possession of a gun near the home of someone he had threatened to kill then I think the sentence would mosy likely be a lot longer.

Irish law differs from English law in that preventative sentences are not allowed i.e. the court can't increase the length of a sentence in order to prevent possible future re-offending. If you think this is utter bollocks then I'd have to agree with you, but I don't think that would apply in this case. This is distinct from the parole system which can keep an offender in prison for the full duration of a sentence to prevent re-offending.

By the by attempted murder is a pretty difficult offence to prove in Ireland. There is a loophole in Irish law whereby if you were to attempt to murder someone but only succeeded in maiming them you can't be charged with attempted murder as you haven't succeeded.
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Rather silly that she is being let out so soon imho. Far to lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Àye, lock up garlic smuggler for 6 years but free a murderer after 3 years and 9 months... seems legit.

Welcome to Ireland

....Moan about it on the internet and not do anything about it...

Welcome to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Whats the problem, it's not like she killed anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

who is Sharon Collins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

tonyheaney wrote: »
    who is Sharon Collins?

You couldn't google it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

who is Sharon Collins?

from September the thread was buried ...and somehow you come on today asking who "Sharon Collins" is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

who is Sharon Collins?

Hi Sharon

omahaid wrote: »
    You couldn't google it?

Hi there, there is a lot of garbage out there i wanted to use the boards.ie filter to see who she is

Corkbah wrote: »
    from September the thread was buried ...and somehow you come on today asking who "Sharon Collins" is.

wow you are very good for stating the blatantly obviousness of my question, well done

Hi Sharon

what now?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod: I think we'll leave this old thread at that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement