Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Lying Eyes" Sharon Collins freed from prison

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Regardless of her sex, the fact that a person did what she did and is out already?

Madness!

http://www.thejournal.ie/lying-eyes-sharon-collins-released-591908-Sep2012/
    SHARON COLLINS HAS been released from prison, TheJournal.ie understands.
    After serving three years and nine months of her six-year-sentence, the woman known as ‘Lying Eyes’ has been released from Mountjoy Prison.
    The Clare woman was jailed on 28 November 2008 for soliciting a man to kill her wealthy partner and his sons.

Correction... fcuking madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

In fairness, it was possibly the most inept murder plan in the history of the state.

Heres a screenshot of the hitmanforhire.net homepage, real hit men use .com

yGJIF.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

They probably needed her cell, for someone that hasn't paid their tv license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Àye, lock up garlic smuggler for 6 years but free a murderer after 3 years and 9 months... seems legit.

Welcome to Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

serious stink of male privilege in this thread lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Seems pretty atrocious all right. Six years so release date supposed to be 2014 - what's the three months before the end of her official sentence ending about? Was it a concurrent sentence or something?

Don't think she'll be paying for any more hits though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Gee Bag wrote: »
    In fairness, it was possibly the most inept murder plan in the history of the state.

Well at least she can have another go at it now.

serious stink of male privilege in this thread lads

"Male privilege" ? :confused:

I couldn't care if the culprit was male or female.
    The sentence with her quick exit, is a sick joke!

Àye, lock up garlic smuggler for 6 years but free a murderer after 3 years and 9 months... seems legit.

Welcome to Ireland

Eh, no one was actually murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Biggins wrote: »
    "Male privilege" ? :confused:

I couldn't care if the culprit was male or female.
    The sentence with her quick exit, is a sick joke!
    Think he was being ironic - highlighting double standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Her solicitor has confirmed to Clare FM that her release is seen as “a temporary – but long term measure” as she is unlikely to return to jail and will officially be a free woman in December
    "A temporary - but long term measure"

How... What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Let her out I say.

Typical woman let loose on the internet with a credit card.

Dream on anyone was ever gonna be murdered.

In England and Wales, as an "attempt", attempted murder is an offence under section 1(1) of the Criminal Attempts Act 1981 and is an indictable offence which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment - here, the max she got for planning attempted murder was six years, and out in just under four. LINK.

The law yet again is an ass in Ireland.

Honestly, where is the serious deterrent?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How did she only get 4 years, this country is way too lenient.

"In September 2007, a British man was jailed in Dubai for possession of a microscopic grain of weed. The London Daily Mail reports that Keith Brown was arrested at the Dubai International Airport when customs officials found a crumb of weed on the tread of Brown's shoes. Brown, a father of three and a council youth development officer in the United Kingdom, was transferring flights from Ethiopia to London at the time. According to the Mail, the fragment of marijuana weighed only 0.003 grams. The particle of pot was invisible to the naked eye; however, it was still enough to violate the United Arab Emirates strict zero-drug policy. The Daily Mail warns that customs official in the sheikdom use state-of-the-art equipment to discover the smallest traces of narcotics"
    This man got 4 years in a Dubai prison.

Justice at it's very best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

DEFINITELY too soon. That woman gives me chills.

"In September 2007, a British man was jailed in Dubai for possession of a microscopic grain of weed. The London Daily Mail reports that Keith Brown was arrested at the Dubai International Airport when customs officials found a crumb of weed on the tread of Brown's shoes. Brown, a father of three and a council youth development officer in the United Kingdom, was transferring flights from Ethiopia to London at the time. According to the Mail, the fragment of marijuana weighed only 0.003 grams. The particle of pot was invisible to the naked eye; however, it was still enough to violate the United Arab Emirates strict zero-drug policy. The Daily Mail warns that customs official in the sheikdom use state-of-the-art equipment to discover the smallest traces of narcotics"

Of all the examples of sentencing policy from around the world you could have used to make your point you chose this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'd still see her as a murderer. That's what she fully intended to do. Evil,:mad: greedy leech of a woman.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'd still see her as a murderer. That's what she fully intended to do. Evil,:mad: greedy leech of a woman.

I dont want to get all technical about it, but, if you don't murder someone then your not a murderer. Simples.

That said I can't argue with the greedy evil leech part.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Quorum wrote: »
    DEFINITELY too soon. That woman gives me chills.

She's not very likely to try hiring a hitman again, is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I don't like the possible notion of her staying with her two sons in Clare though. That is something that I feel is still wrong.

Do you think her aunt would like Sharon to stay with her? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Such a dumb bltch handing over this Las Vegas scam artist thousands of euro. I reckon they released her so she can win herself a Darwin award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

She's just as bad as a murderer in my opinion. Is conspiring to murder someone not a serious crime in Ireland? She's a cold, evil woman who will be no good to society. Let her stay in jail and make sure she feels guilty for a good long while. I can't help thinking that if it was a man, they wouldn't be allowed out this soon. I'm probably being cynical though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

A fine thing, bit of a looper though

so not for me.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Evil,:mad: greedy leech of a woman.

Well, she's not a murderer but hells yes to this. ^^^^^

I don't understand how anyone can be so crazily greedy.

I can't help thinking that if it was a man, they wouldn't be allowed out this soon. I'm probably being cynical though.

As this recent case shows, men benefit from leniency in this country too. Well, if they have plenty of money, they do.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0730/lyons-jailed-for-six-months-for-sexual-assault.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Welcome to Ireland

Here we go again. Jesus it has nothing to do with garlic, it was tax evasion of over €1.6 million. The method of tax evasion is irrelevant. He could have been importing blow up sex dolls and it would still be tax evasion.

Bla bla bla bankers, evil developers, etc etc - and when someone who steals from the state is punished people freak out because sur it was only garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Really? Having spent 4 years in prison she is now probably on first name basis with one or two.

Who knows? This isn't about re-offending, it's about penance for a very serious crime.

Quorum wrote: »
    As this recent case shows, men benefit from leniency in this country too. Well, if they have plenty of money, they do.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0730/lyons-jailed-for-six-months-for-sexual-assault.html

The DPP are appealing the leniency of that sentence. That gob$hite Lyons who attacked the girl tried to blame his cholesterol medication, which was laughed out of court.

• Advertisement

This man got 4 years in a Dubai prison.

He was pardoned after a few days. Even the crazy Arabs saw how ridiculous they were being. Either that, or they feared massive loss of tourism. The particle was embedded in a cigarette butt that was stuck to his shoe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement