Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone still have their Iodine tablets for when Sellafield explodes?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

When the nuclear war begins,
    And that wall of fire approaches,
    Consume those iodine pills,
    And be eaten by cockroaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That was great, some minister makes a fúck up on the radio, so the government makes it ok by sending a packet of tablets to everyone in the country. :rolleyes:
    These guys were in charge of running the country, it's no wonder we're in such a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i deposited mine into one of those electronic voting machines that were purchased. :D

such thrifty spenders we are. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Since I'm a Protestant, I threw mine away. It was common knowledge that the tablets were nobbled to make us stubborn and infertile.

No, it was the other way round! They make you less stubborn and more fertile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Davidth88 wrote: »
    IIRC basically there was a small accident , and the minister ( Willie O'Dea ?? ) was on the radio and was asked what would happen if Sellafield/Windscale ( whatever they calling it this week ) was attacked. He made such a balls of the answer ( how unusual ) and was backed into a corner . They then had to send out the tablets to try allow him to recover some of his dignity . I am sure someone can find the radio interview in question.

ok, after a little research , looks like I owe WOD an apology

It was Joe Jacob who made a bit of a fool of himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Jacob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    No, it was the other way round! They make you less stubborn and more fertile.

So they make to Catholic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

So they only stop thyroid cancer, so what about the other cancers from the exposure ? ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I was married to a woman who would consume anything if she thought it would give her a buzz.
    The day they were delivered, she swallowed the lot (8).
    PS they had no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Sold 'em at Swedish House Mafia gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

aujopimur wrote: »
    I was married to a woman who would consume anything if she thought it would give her a buzz.
    The day they were delivered, she swallowed the lot (8).
    PS they had no effect.

Has she tried swallowing a vibrator?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, Sellafield/Windscale had a Level 4 nuclear disaster in 1957 and no-one batted an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

kincsem wrote: »
    Yes, and my millennium candle for light, heat, and cooking in the nuclear winter.

I never got one of them Millennium candle yokies. Nor did I get my Cheese a couple year ago. Swindling government keeping it for themselves
    Davidth88 wrote: »
    ok, after a little research , looks like I owe WOD an apology

It was Joe Jacob who made a bit of a fool of himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Jacob

He always was a complete prat. Kinda like the Duke of Kent, anytime either open their mouths tripe is bound to come out!
    Confab wrote: »
    Meh, Sellafield/Windscale had a Level 4 nuclear disaster in 1957 and no-one batted an eyelid.

No-one but yerself knew about it obviously

I think we still have our Iodine tablets in a drawer in the sideboard. And that'd be simply cos the bloody drawer is in dire need of a sort through and hasn't yet been so they are hanging on. Soon as that drawer is purged they'l be flung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

If Sellafield exploded we'd have a Green Liffey 365 days a year, think of the tourism potential!

Advertisement