Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French alps shootings

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

snafuk35 wrote: »
    It might not have been a professional killer.
    Anyone who has read spy novels or seen action movies might have heard of the "double-tap."
    The killer could have got hold of a gun by whatever method and just killed them.
    The victims were in the confined space of the parked car when they were killed so the killer could have fired his gun from just inches away.

The french cops can search for suspects with library cards and netflix subscriptions should narrow it down abit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

enno99 wrote: »

15.48 (13.48 BST): A former RAF veteran, who has a second home in Saint Jorioz, was riding his bicycle nearby when he was overtaken by a French cyclist. After riding into the car park, seven-year-old Zainab stumbled towards him before collapsing.

The man alerted the emergency services and performed first aid on the girl. He also reportedly smashed the window of the locked car, which still had its engine running. The bodies of a man, in the driver's seat, and two women, in the back of the car, were inside

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9525866/France-shooting-Timeline.html

Some more info on the discovery of the incident

There is a second ‘witness’now – or rather someone who came upon the killing immediately after the RAF man had done so.

At around 4 p.m. that Wednesday, they came across the RAF man who was descending the road on his bike. He describes him as perturbed and in a panic. The RAF man tried to tell him and his two friends that he had come across bodies inside and outside a car. He spoke haltingly in French. The three could not make out whether he had tried to summons assistance on his mobile (cell phone) but there was no signal or whether he did not have a mobile phone.

I wish to add something about the gendarmerie: what it is for example.
    In France we have a national police force: the police. We also have gendarmes.
    The police fall under the Ministry of Interior. Gendarmes fall under the Ministry of Defense (Defence).

Gendarmes, like soldiers, remain in uniform and live in a barrack and they hold military ranks like soldiers.
    They keep law and order in the countryside and in towns (communes) of fewer than 20,000 inhabitants.

It was therefore the local gendarmerie which replied to Philippe D’s telephone call.

Now this is odd: Normally the gendarmerie hands over an investigation to the police. In this case they would have handed the investigation over to the police of the nearest big town – Annecy or Grenoble or even Lyon (Lyons).

But in this case they did not.

In other words, the case is being investigated by the Ministry of Defense and not the Ministry of Interior. Secrecy is thus ensured.

http://www.marilynztomlins.com/articles/chevaline-the-forgotten-victim-sylvain-mollier/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

I notice reading that last link that the cyclist who was shot also worked in the nuclear industry, "as an employee with the company Crezus which supplies equipment to nuclear power plants."

A coincidence, or a thickening of the plot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Stench of Mossad off the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Suceed wrote: »
    I notice reading that last link that the cyclist who was shot also worked in the nuclear industry, "as an employee with the company Crezus which supplies equipment to nuclear power plants."

A coincidence, or a thickening of the plot?

Thickens the plot! Very strange case. I wonder will we find out what the girl had to say. If its some sort of political assassination we'll never find out the truth either way. if it was just some nutcase, chances are he probably would of left clues all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

weisses wrote: »
    Isn't there some kind of code among hitman that you don't assassinate children ? ... Thats why i think its a professional hit ..

I don't think the killer panicked
    That's a nice idea but I'm not sure why you would expect a disparate group of murderers to subscribe to a code of ethics.

This is a very fishy case - I was surprised to learn that the random French cyclist was a 'nuclear metallurgist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Oh no
    Sky news have said today that the BMW
    Will be examined by the same people that examined Princess DIANA,s Mercedes .

Id say that the older girl won't even be able to tell if the shooter was English because he more than likely didn't speak .
    This is going to be unsolved in my eyes

Oh no
    Sky news have said today that the BMW
    Will be examined by the same people that examined Princess DIANA,s Mercedes .
    It's this tying together of completely random CTs that I don't understand, unless that's a joke?

I'm not saying its the same people examining the car that examined Diana's merc
    Sky news said it buddy
    But it kinda gets the ct train fueled a bit more

I'm not saying its the same people examining the car that examined Diana's merc
    Sky news said it buddy
    But it kinda gets the ct train fueled a bit more
    No, I'm not suggesting that you made it up - I'm just questioning why one would cite one very thin CT in relation to a completely different case (a CT which may actually have some mileage in it). Associating things like this discredits genuine cases rather than supporting them.

• Advertisement

Get you now buddy .
    Cyclist interview coming up on sky soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

The British witness seems very cool and calm. Must be his RAF training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Maybe its a revenge killing by a lone wolf or some right-wing/jewish element in French society for the jihadist Toulouse and Montauban shootings in march of this year
    or some other anti-jihad/muslim operation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse_and_Montauban_shootings

i.e. MO
    Find random arabs, kill them for revenge

If it's a lone wolf its someone who works or lives near the campsite
    saw the arab family and decided to stalk and kill them.

If it a conspiracy it an odd location to find and kill some random arabs.
    Perhaps the senior planner is connected to campsite in some way.
    It's possible someone rich paid some hitman to kill random arabs for revenge
    although again how did the hitman end up in the alps?
    Also there is not much point carrying out sectarian or political killings
    to achieve revenge or some other purpose if no-one knows what they are.

I reckon a lone wolf "anti-arab" who is connected to campsite in someway
    carried it out possibly in revenge for the Toulouse killings in March
    Most likely simplest explanation everything else does not make sense or is leading to dead ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its a strange one alright. The remote location and the manner in which the victims were killed, all shot twice in the head at close range except the cyclist, would suggest a professional hit but if it was a pro job then it was a very sloppy one, 2 girls survived etc. I think the reason the cyclist was shot 5 times is because he was trying to escape on his bike after discovering the scene. He did work for a company that supplies equipment to nuclear power plants but i think thats just a coincidence. I think the answers lie in Saad al Hili's past. Either the supposed dispute about inheritance with his brother, which is what the police seem to be focused on, or something else that has yet to come to light.

The next most important progression seems to me to be the girls eyewitness account. However id say it will be quite some time before she will be able to recount clearly what she saw that day, and she is very young.

It's said that mr al hilli
    Was in and out of the camp all week and seemed agitated .
    I think he could have been buying info or selling info to the cyclist that was shot .
    It's said that they both have links to nuclear business . Maybe coincidence maybe not .

A top detective on sky today was asked if it was in his hands he rekons that there would be 0% of it been solved .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

I read that the cyclist could have been the target instead of the family

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The way I understood that was that they simply have no motive and said that it's possible that anyone could have been the target. And as usually, the Daily Mail picked this up as meaning the police are 100% positive that the cyclist was the target.

Sure the target could have been the ex-RAF cyclist who found the scene, and the killer got the wrong cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Didn't get that story from the daily mail ... But i get your point. I don't believe however this was a random killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Wonder what his motive was news said hes a bit of a loose cannon
    maybe a bit of roadrage for now thou
    who nows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Speculation the target was the cyclist, family just unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

And now released.

What a mess of a case.

Advertisement