Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone hear EP management are applying to change the licence to allow sale of 60,000 tickets next year?

If true, then as far I'm concerned, tis the end of EP as we know it:mad:

They've said they want to add an extra 5,000 in capacity. The current capacity is 35,000. The only way I can see 60k is if they change it so day tickets for all 3 days are available. This means the max capacity at any one time is 40k.. but 30k is weekenders and an additional 10k day trippers each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Toast wrote: »
    They've said they want to add an extra 5,000 in capacity. The current capacity is 35,000. The only way I can see 60k is if they change it so day tickets for all 3 days are available. This means the max capacity at any one time is 40k.. but 30k is weekenders and an additional 10k day trippers each day.

I'd be gutted if they did day tickets for fri and sat aswell, I don't care what anyone says it ruins the vibe on the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd agree. Just speculation on how a 60k figure would be even possible. I'd say it is more likely random Internet rumour though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That would be a massive and seriously risky jump in capacity imo . Yea this year sold out but to make a jump to nearly double capacity is risky in the space of year . Can see them getting the extra 5000 anyways and go from there . Would the site be able to hold that many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

You could hardly move in body n soul Sunday night, can never rem it like that before! I always do a last walk around B&S before I call it a night on the Sunday just to soak it all up for one last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

60k won't happen-40k might. as a weekender i quite like the sunday crowd....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

But they're all so...clean...

So much energy.

The one day tickets should be sold for the Friday so we can all rub it in their pathetic have-to-go-home faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

their energy helps on a sunday!!!!!! whether they are clean or not is completely lost on me by then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It helps? I barely exist by the Sunday, I'm just a shadow and they're shining their light on me.

Okay, maybe not so bad, but do they have to look so fresh - could they not roll around in shít for half an hour to fit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nice little vidjo.

Tour de Picnic Aftermovie

http://vimeo.com/73710393

Brilliant!! Shot really well, particularly like the fire work scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mulkabu

Another great EP in the history books. This thread was great, really useful in the homework phase when finding out about these new unknown bands, now our favourite bands, and great this week too, as we all slowly come to terms with it being over.

I'm still bitter I missed David Byrne, but thanks whoever posted the video! :)

Like a lot of us, I am concerned about next year, and a possible new direction. People say that every year of course, but next year is a big one I think. It'll be fun finding out.

See ye in 50 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think EP scooping Robert Plant this year was an amazing feat, was looking at Plants gigography over the last two years and he has only played the Womad festival in the UK. If they can book someone like Plant who wouldn't be a prolific tourer these days, Id like to think they could possibly book someone like David Gilmour for 2014, imagine that. Classic Zeppelin tracks in 2013 and classic Pink Floyd tracks in 2014, I can only dream.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

grindle wrote: »
    But they're all so...clean...

So much energy.

The one day tickets should be sold for the Friday so we can all rub it in their pathetic have-to-go-home faces.

Ha yeah the probelm is half of them wouldn't go home and just end up trying to stay for the whole weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can anyone remember the eejit with the green laser who was pointing it all over Bjorks back drop and main stage, I'm just wondering if the security found him and threw him out. I remember a few security walking about with their wraparound walkie talkie yokes that seemed to be making a beeline towards him in the crowd, so there must have been a complaint from the band or management.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I remember seeing that alright but there was so much going on I barely noticed was such an awesome show

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

At one point on Sunday there were two green and one red laser getting pointed at the main stage by the gob****e brigade. Really annnoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Cowboys, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I did not enjoy the vibe on Sunday night, there was no room to bust a move/seduce all my bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gaspode wrote: »
    At one point on Sunday there were two green and one red laser getting pointed at the main stage by the gob****e brigade. Really annnoying

The 2 green lasers seemed to be just the one person, judging by the way both beams wear in sync.

That gobsh1te Fatboy Slim was shining lasers into the crowd during his whole set on the Friday. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Is it bad that I found the lasers more entertaining than TDCC? I'm really disappointed in myself too cause I had wanted to see them live for ages. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Surely those lasers were from the sound desk, comng from a machne there.
    The laser movements were too quick and coordinated to be a person (worse for wear at a festival!) They were at every act i saw at the main stage too. I didn't see them aimed at the performers, just the side of the stage on the billboard thing (RHS at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Surely those lasers were from the sound desk, comng from a machne there.
    The laser movements were too quick and coordinated to be a person (worse for wear at a festival!) They were at every act i saw at the main stage too. I didn't see them aimed at the performers, just the side of the stage on the billboard thing (RHS at least).

I think it was the Saturday, but one of the guys on the sound desk was using a laser to setup the stage monitors. On the Sunday it did look like someone in the sound desk tower was shining lasers all around the hoardings on the stage (could've been someone in the stands though).

However, all through the weekend there were d1ckheads shining lasers on the faces of the performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'll leave this thread with the best quote of the weekend from a D4 girl in the Hendrix toilet queue!!
    "I've seen so many willies this week end... I just can't deal with it.." Ha ha!!

When's the 2014 thread starting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Any word on loyalty / early bird tickets going on sale soon..?
    I was hoping to get some for christmas presents last year but didnt happen...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

exilec wrote: »
    Any word on loyalty / early bird tickets going on sale soon..?
    I was hoping to get some for christmas presents last year but didnt happen...

I'd be very surprised if they did the cheap tickets again, maybe a small discounted early bird but no more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I'd be very surprised if they did the cheap tickets again, maybe a small discounted early bird but no more than that

Was discussing this with friends the other day. Apart from the loyalty thing being mostly a very clever marketing strategy, it was also extremely successful given that the event sold out for the first time in years. I would be very surprised if they didn't do the same or something very similar for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I reckon tickets will be around €180 for everyone next year.

This years tickets were probably too low at €150 for the long term commercial success of the picnic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i can see the Loyailty scheme/early bird returning for next year but a bump in prices

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Was discussing this with friends the other day. Apart from the loyalty thing being mostly a very clever marketing strategy, it was also extremely successful given that the event sold out for the first time in years. I would be very surprised if they didn't do the same or something very similar for next year

i doubt it would be financially sustainable at that price. I think given it was the 10 year buzz and a kinda make or break year, the price was knocked down. It will always sell out when its that cheap in fairness, but whats the point in running a festival when you can't turn a decent return. Might be a small discount for early bird again, but it was clear people took the proverbial with the photos and what not with the tickets this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

People still moaning about minor ****. Let it go.

Advertisement