Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options
  • 09-09-2012 2:35pm

Mod Edit: To get your discount code from Ticketmaster, if you haven't bought an EP ticket with them online before, then you need to fill out this form:

http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/ask

And attach a photo of proof, eg photo of wristbands, ticket stubs etc etc

Well, keeping tradition alive here!

I had an amazing weekend, but it seemed to fly by this year! I've never noticed it pass so fast, but then again, I spent a bit more time in Minefield this year, so took more in during the daytime.

Who do you want to see next year? Any additions?

My top want is Arcadia. I really missed it this year. The rave in the woods was good, but you can't beat open flames!

I'd get rid of the trailer park area. Thought it was too out of the way, and that weird walkway where the village was painted on either side, was a bit strange.

Wishlist in no particular order:

Beck
    M83
    Radiohead
    Stone Roses - my no. 1 wish and would fit in with the whole 80's/90's headliner
    Babygramps - he was made for the picnic imo.
    Violent Femmes
    Culture wise, I'd love to see The Reduced Shakespeare Company make an appearance in '13

Recommend to bring dslr 8 votes

Yes, it's ok. People don't steal
    0% 0 votes
    No, better off without the worry
    0% 0 votes
    You can bring it, but take some precautions (write in reply!)
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Reduced Shakespeare have been there in the past. 2008 perhaps? so could happen. I'd say Arcadia are probably gone for good now. I know they weren't booked this year as they were meant to be in Burning Man and I suspect they'll be trying to go to Burning Man again. Also it is probably easier for the organisers to leave them off the bill now they've missed a year. Just speculating but I'd be surprised if we see them again.

Reckon pretty much everything else in your list is a possibility though personally I'd like to see them ditch the big name headliners and drop the ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

All i know is apparently there will be a mass boycott if Mumford & Sons play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Toast wrote: »
    Reduced Shakespeare have been there in the past. 2008 perhaps? so could happen. I'd say Arcadia are probably gone for good now. I know they weren't booked this year as they were meant to be in Burning Man and I suspect they'll be trying to go to Burning Man again. Also it is probably easier for the organisers to leave them off the bill now they've missed a year. Just speculating but I'd be surprised if we see them again.

Reckon pretty much everything else in your list is a possibility though personally I'd like to see them ditch the big name headliners and drop the ticket price.

Of all the headliners in the last 3 or 4 years, i've checked out the cure, and a bit of arcade fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

ooooh....a wishlist!

PJ Harvey
    Radiohead
    Cocteau Twins (Did someone say they'd be touring, or did I dream that?)
    Daniel Martin Moore
    Beck would be amazing. (Now I'm stealing wishes)
    Daft Punk
    Morrissey

Someone like Emmylou Harris would really fit the 'legend' role!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Awolnation
    Bellowheads again but only for the salty dog stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking at footage of Gesaffelstein from Bestival, I think he would be a good addition for EP next year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Would like to go if we could get some of these (headliners in bold);

Radiohead
    Aphex Twin
    Stone Roses
    She & Him
    Death Grips
    Mindy Smith
    The Flaming Lips
    Kraftwerk
    Arcade Fire
    Boards of Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

karaokeman wrote: »
    Would like to go if we could get some of these (headliners in bold);

Radiohead
    Aphex Twin
    Stone Roses
    She & Him
    Death Grips
    Mindy Smith
    The Flaming Lips
    Kraftwerk
    Arcade Fire
    Boards of Canada

oh god if she & him played i do believe i would spend the entire festival looking for zooey and confirming with the GF that "the list" means what i think it means

and if not would she be up for a threeway...

So what dates is EP likely going to be on next year, I suspect it would be 30th 31st August and 1st September myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

So what dates is EP likely going to be on next year, I suspect it would be 30th 31st August and 1st September myself.

I would say you've guessed right, it's always held the weekend after the Reading/Leeds festivals and they should be on the preceding weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

They should do a poll of the best acts over the 9 years and get them back again seeing as it the 10th year.
    At this stage now, we all know they will probably never going to get the big act (Daft Punk) I have given up at this stage

I like Toast's idea dropping the main act and take down ticket prices.

Wish list:
    Aphex Twin with Chris Cunningham doing visuals
    Kraftwerk
    Crosby, Stills and Nash
    Miike Snow
    Atoms of Peace (new album in 2013)
    Basement Jaxx
    Public Enemy (2 new albums next year)

They should do a poll of the best acts over the 9 years and get them back again seeing as it the 10th year.
    At this stage now, we all know they will probably never going to get the big act (Daft Punk) I have given up at this stage

I like Toast's idea dropping the main act and take down ticket prices.

Wish list:
    Aphex Twin with Chris Cunningham doing visuals
    Kraftwerk
    Crosby, Stills and Nash
    Miike Snow
    Atoms of Peace (new album in 2013)
    Basement Jaxx
    Public Enemy (2 new albums next year)

Itll just be our luck if Oxegen starts up next year and snaps bleedin Aphex Twin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Drop the price. It's far too expensive.

gaius c wrote: »

I think this is something that will definitely not happen.

Look at the people who turned up for the weekend and paid for the (pretty expensive) weekend ticket and compare that to the people who turned up with the (cheaper) day pass on Sunday. There was definitely a few more undesirables at the Sunday (and I'm betting they weren't all Killers fans!)

I think the promoters want to see people invest in the festival as opposed to have it so cheap that people see it as throw away money, and lose respect for it. Out of interest, how much was an Oxegen ticket?

Also, you can pay for it in instalments which works out pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

gaius c wrote: »

€175 for a loyalty ticket, which can be paid for in 3 installments.
    Nothing wrong with that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Richie Hawtin and Matador in the Little Big Tent would be reason enough to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Richie Hawtin and Matador in the Little Big Tent would be reason enough to go again.
    I actually think they need to make the Little Big Tent BIGGER! It's always rammed to capacity with massive queues at all the entrances when headliners are on. Thankfully I went early for any big acts I saw in there but a few mates got stuck outside without a chance of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Jello wrote: »
    I actually think they need to make the Little Big Tent BIGGER! It's always rammed to capacity with massive queues at all the entrances when headliners are on. Thankfully I went early for any big acts I saw in there but a few mates got stuck outside without a chance of getting in.

What gig were your mates at?
    I don't remember there being a queue on Friday night.
    I was right up at the barrier at the front of the tent and I was able to pop out to make a phone call and get back in my spot no bother.

Is there anyway of finding out what DJ's were in the Bierhaus? I went in there on Saturday night and had the time of my life. It was only myself and a friend in there, sharing an ice cream and beer between us, but the music was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

how dya get the loyalty discount? I've been to the last 4 eps but would ya have to prove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

They sent out a URL last year to anyone who bought tickets online to book the loyalty tickets. It wasn't unique and it leaked pretty quickly so not sure if they'll do the same again.

• Advertisement

sadie06 wrote: »
    ooooh....a wishlist!

PJ Harvey
    Radiohead
    Cocteau Twins (Did someone say they'd be touring, or did I dream that?)
    Daniel Martin Moore
    Beck would be amazing. (Now I'm stealing wishes)
    Daft Punk
    Morrissey

Someone like Emmylou Harris would really fit the 'legend' role!

Elisabeth Frazer done two shows in early August, some new material and some of her best known Cocteau Twin songs. The Cocteau Twins are not back together but at least Elisabeth is back touring again, her first shows for over 15 years. Heres a review of her show from Monday 6th August 2012 http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/07/elizabeth-fraser-review

Would like to see:
    Aphex twin
    John Foxx
    John Butler Trio
    Elizabeth Frazer
    Primal Scream
    Iggy Pop & the Stooges
    Buraka Som Sistema
    Moby
    Mr Scruff

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭4JAKE

Paying installments is a gift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

When do they release the installment tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Anyone know what song this is? It's helping me stretch out summer a little more than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brand New

I'd gladly pay the full amount to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I have plenty of personal preferences but at the end of the day I just want the line-up to be a little edgier. Year on year the artists are definitely getting more commercial and I don't care what anybody says but it was a weak line-up this year.... but these are a few I'd like.

Boards of Canada ( new album coming out, so you never know )
    Exitmusic
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    The Twilight Sad
    The Knife
    Tim Hecker
    Soap&Skin

Maybe filter out some of the regulars at EP such as Hot Chip, Glen Hansard aka The Frames. Need to keep EP fresh, take a chance and book some unknown bands and also book bands and DJs that never suited Oxegen anyway such as Aphex Twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any idea when tickets can be bought?

Would prefer not to have to have a mad scramble on the Friday of the festival as i did this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets can be bought?

Would prefer not to have to have a mad scramble on the Friday of the festival as i did this year!

Think they released early bird tickets before Christmas last year. Then they released the other tickets around March and you could still do installments then as well.

Advertisement