Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launderettes / Dry cleaners

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

thanks,

i assume their just a drop off and pick up place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Hey, does anyone know of any laundrettes (self-service or hand-them-in-get-them-back) that are open in the City Centre or Salthill on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

markesmith wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know of any laundrettes (self-service or hand-them-in-get-them-back) that are open in the City Centre or Salthill on a Sunday?

there is a place in the Galwaz shopping centre.
    there is a place on sea road, but not sure if open sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Which shopping centre is that, Fuinseog? The one in Eyre Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Which shopping centre is that, Fuinseog? The one in Eyre Square?

across from the omni, where tescos is.
    there is or was one as you went in by supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Think that's gone. Too late now but I know the one on the hill between prospect hill and forster street is open on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

As appose to the one which is "hand-them-in-don't-get-them-back" ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

As appose to the one which is "hand-them-in-don't-get-them-back" ?:confused:

"as appose"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have some new expensive suits and shirts that need creases removed after transportation... can anyone recommend a place that will sort this out and definitely not screw them up? - They don't need cleaning, just ironining/pressing or whatever you do to suits

I've been using O' Connors in Knocknacarra for all my dry cleaning in the past without any issues for my cheap suits, but if these things get ruined I will not be a happy camper so just want to check here first if there's any recommendations.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I have some new expensive suits and shirts that need creases removed after transportation... can anyone recommend a place that will sort this out and definitely not screw them up? - They don't need cleaning, just ironining/pressing or whatever you do to suits

I've been using O' Connors in Knocknacarra for all my dry cleaning in the past without any issues for my cheap suits, but if these things get ruined I will not be a happy camper so just want to check here first if there's any recommendations.

Cheers

John,

When you say expensive suit etc. are you referring to the construction? i.e. full or half-canvass, or fused? This will have a bearing on recommending a drycleaner or not.

In general you should be able to wash and iron shirts yourself. If these are high-quality shirts they may have mother-of-pearl buttons, and in this case you should wash them buttoned inside-out in a domestic machine. An industrial machine is quite aggressive and will chip or possibly break the buttons entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I have used Galway Dry Cleaners a good bit recently.

http://www.galwaydrycleaners.com/index.html

They have an offer of 2 suits for €20 picked up and delivered back to you, which I assume is still running.

Very handy to have it picked up from the office. It would pain me to have to go and drop/collect it myself!

Great service and suits were great after it.

Can recommend.

Folks,
    Normally only get the suits done in the dry cleaners, but need a decent laundrette for washing & ironing the 'normal' every-day clothes.

Any recommendations?

Also, do they charge by weight or what?

(Yes, I am becoming a lazy pr1ck)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

There's a place on Upper Salthill road near Fancy Fare and Paddy Power. Only used them for duvets and things. But they had a price tariff. Have a look. There's a Shannon dry cleaners on the other side of the road. Don't confuse the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

There's a place beside Joyces Knocknacarra. I think it's called O'Connor's.

xflyer wrote: »
    There's a place on Upper Salthill road near Fancy Fare and Paddy Power. Only used them for duvets and things. But they had a price tariff. Have a look. There's a Shannon dry cleaners on the other side of the road. Don't confuse the two.

Cheers - I know this place alright, will just go there for convenience
    Paddyfield wrote: »
    There's a place beside Joyces Knocknacarra. I think it's called O'Connor's.

Thanks, that's a dry-cleaners (get my dry cleaning done there and find them very good)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

hi all,

With the weather being so poxy, I can't hang out clothes on the line to dry.
    So I'm able to wash clothes, but not get them dried.

Is there anywhere in the city that will dry & iron clothes/sheets/duvet covers for reasonable money?

Or would I be aswell to get them to wash them aswell?

I don't need them dry cleaned as such, but may need them within a day or two (two or three sets of guests coming next week, want to change bedclothes in between visits).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

The one on that road, not sure what its called, it connects prospect hill and forster court, its the laundrette beside the dentist, they'll do that for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arch69

There is one in Salthill ( down from fancy fare) that will iron your clothes for you...try there! I have used them before and found them very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

If you are eastside there is a launderette at bally bane shopping center. they do service wash/dry and do ironing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Shannon had a deal on for three items for €20 but that deal is gone unfortunately. Any good reasonable dry cleaners in town that ue could recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

My washing machine is broken.

I have a few bags of bits and pieces to get done.

Anyone know how much some of the laundrettes charge for wash/dry by the load/item/weight/etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzy91

Zip Yard on Merchants Road in Galway does dry-cleaning as well. Reasonably priced usually gets them back to you within 24-48 hrs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

My washing machine is broken.

I have a few bags of bits and pieces to get done.

Anyone know how much some of the laundrettes charge for wash/dry by the load/item/weight/etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

I put a load of 2 sets of bed clothes and 2 towels into one and it cost a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Washing Machine is broken and need to get some everyday clothes washed, some jeans washed and ironed.

Anyone recommend one near Dominick Street area?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

jenno86 wrote: »
    Washing Machine is broken and need to get some everyday clothes washed, some jeans washed and ironed.

Anyone recommend one near Dominick Street area?

the one down from massimos is good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

the one down from massimos is good enough

Is it self service??

ArtyC wrote: »

Is it self service??

I dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

My daughter is going to the Gaeltacht in Inveran in June and they are only allowed wash underwear and towels twice in the 3 weeks they are down there. We are able to visit her on Sundays and I was wondering if there was any laundrette in Galway open on a Sunday. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement