Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launderettes / Dry cleaners

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Washing machine broken, anyone know of a launderette either in town or the east side of town? WHat's the deal with them, do you have to stay to gaurd your clothes? How much does it cost? Can you do bigger loads than a regular machine? I am a laundertte virgin :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Laundry Centre Terryland Retail Pk
    I never used this one though.

Another two on Bohermore, one by the post office and the other across from the council.

You can usually bring a binbag for a fiver/tenner.
    Choose if you want them dried too.
    Often you leave it there and then come back after an hour or two and they have stuffed everything back in the bag for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Olde Malt Laundrette is in the laneway beside the Kings Head between High Street and Middle Street. Very nice to deal with.

Bring them in a bag of clothes/duvet/etc and ask when they'll be ready. Let them know if you need ironing done. Get a price. Come back, pick them up, pay, go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Ah that's great, thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

You could try the one in the Ballybane Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

fyi, the one in ballybane doesn't have machines large enough for duvets. The ladies are very nice though.

I use the one at prospect hill for duvets. I believe the self serve at prospect hill is pretty cheap (4 euro per load or something)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Got really good prices for 2 black bags of washing and 2 suits to dry clean in launderland on the hill there before forster court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Steamer wrote: »
    Washing machine broken, anyone know of a launderette either in town or the east side of town? WHat's the deal with them, do you have to stay to gaurd your clothes? How much does it cost? Can you do bigger loads than a regular machine? I am a laundertte virgin :)

there used to be a Magdalene Laundry and a Swastika laundry, but i believe both are closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I brought two duvets to Launderland on near Forster court (Brendan O Hehir road I think). They were kingsize and they turned out perfect. I always use them. Technically, they're the city centre/east side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Hey!

As the title says, I'm wondering if there's a laundrette anywhere in the Terryland region. I'm a student but our washing machine is broken (don't know how to use it anyway!) and I'm not going home for 2 weeks.
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

Theres a launderette across from terryland fruit and veg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Laundrette in both Cuirt and Gort na Coiribe. In Cuirt you get the tokens from the shop I think, and in Gort you get them from the receiption. They'll not know if you're resident or not.

Thanks folks!
    Where is Terryland fruit and veg btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,731 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Twilighter wrote: »
    Thanks folks!
    Where is Terryland fruit and veg btw?

In the Terryland Retail Park, which is at number (6) on the map on this page.

From the Headford Rd, walk down the lane beside the Marriot Hotel. Terryland Fruit & Veg is on the right, near the end of the row of shops. I think the laundrette is on the left.

JustMary wrote: »
    In the Terryland Retail Park, which is at number (6) on the map on this page.

From the Headford Rd, walk down the lane beside the Marriot Hotel. Terryland Fruit & Veg is on the right, near the end of the row of shops. I think the laundrette is on the left.

Thank you very much, you've been a massive help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

anyone know what time does shannon dry cleaners open in bohermore?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

FFS

/Faceplam.

Not very helpful there are you?
    OP, I assume you know now? If so please post opening hours here in case someone else needs to know.

www.shannondrycleaners.com doesn't say

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Dear All,

Firstly, If I have posted in the wrong forum, I apologise, but I am new to here, to Galway and Ireland - only moved here 3 weeks ago!

I am looking for a self service / diy laundrette - I have time to kill, and I quite like sitting watching the machine go round and round and round (whilst washing my clothes of course!). I have a car and generally the Galway City Area / outskirts is fine - at least I will get to see some of the area based on your recommendations!

Any useful advice/costs / change needed for the machines would be greatly appreciated.

I did have a root around in the old posts and found one from 2009, but not sure how relevant some of the info from then was. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62676888

Thank you kindly

AC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

there's one in cuirt na coiribe, its supposed to be for residents, but you could pretend if you look studentish.

Welcome to the forum, and Galway.

Yeah there's been a few threads on this but most/all places aren't self service. You hand your bag in and return a few hours later for it.
    These are the threads I could find
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=laundrette&f=475&sort=newest&subforums=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Hi Apoei - oh to be a student again.(I look distinctly un-studentish - maybe their parent!!!)

thank you Biko, - you clearly have powers to search the boards that I do not - shall work my way through the threads and try NOT to get lost when I am driving round Galway. Watch out for the traffic chaos I leave in my wake....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Theres one on prospect hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Howdy,

Anyone know of any good laundrettes in the city, preferably the West End or on the way to Spiddal.

Thought there was a pressed4time in Barna but couldn't find any info on their site.

Sick of constantly having my place chock full of dirty/slowing drying clothes and would like to pay someone to take care of them for me. Yay... Capitalism!!!!

There are a few around there, at least one in the West, one in Salthill and one in Westside.

Washeteria, Sea Rd
    Suds Laundrette, Salthill
    Westside Dry Cleaners & Launderette

Where about is the place on Sea Road? Is it as far down as the pizza place?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Just beside Ernie's.

Good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

O'Connors beside Joyces in Knocknacarra

Stopped into the Press4time in Barna yesterday. Prices were amazing. €2 per kg of washing, and that includes drying.

Anyone have any experience with them? They would be very handy for me to go to, as they're on my way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

as the title says,

im looking for cheap dry cleaning around galway.i need to get 2 suits cleaned.i know i saw a sign somewhere that was offering 2 suits for 20 euro but i cant remember where

maybe someone on here might know,

all help is appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

that 2 suits for 20 quid offer is from the small shop opposite Enda's school on Threadneddle road, haven't used them so can't vouch for their service.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement