Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eoinryan8975

SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

While I admire your ability to retract your initial argument and somewhat revise your words, I can of course concede that the more effort the better it looks to the examiner. It is however dangerous to advise people to do such a volume of parts because a) there is more chance they mess something up and b) this isn't fair on those who assumed 5 parts would be ample and now find themselves below standard. Personally I think the SEC should set a maximum and people like you should be forced into sitting an applied leaving cert for those less capable of following guidelines and structures. The latter sentence is of course intended as a joke. However, feel free to take offence and send me an angry reply. :) "mate".

Don't know how I retracted an argument... If you'd care to explain maybe?

And no where did I say "Everyone should make a thousand parts". I simply said I made about 30.
    Well I actually laughed at that as I assumed it was meant as sarcasm so nicely done.... mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭JackTheGrinder

Don't know how I retracted an argument... If you'd care to explain maybe?

And no where did I say "Everyone should make a thousand parts". I simply said I made about 30.
    Well I actually laughed at that as I assumed it was meant as sarcasm so nicely done.... mate!

Not going to argue all night big guy. Sarcasm really? Might want to look up the definition of that one "mate" because that's not what that was...

Not going to argue all night big guy. Sarcasm really? Might want to look up the definition of that one "mate" because that's not what that was...

Ooohh well someone's a narky little lawd then aint they? There was me thinking this was just a light hearted discussion.

To be quite honest I wouldn't bother arguing all night in your shoes because you can't win. Neither can I. My points are valid, yours are valid. You just started an argument for some bizarre reason where no one could win out. So off ya go to bed before it's past your bedtime

Oh well I do apologise fine sir. I did not realise I was speaking to Mr. Collins himself. Didn't see what other way to describe that silly comment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭JackTheGrinder

Ooohh well someone's a narky little lawd then aint they? There was me thinking this was just a light hearted discussion.

To be quite honest I wouldn't bother arguing all night in your shoes because you can't win. Neither can I. My points are valid, yours are valid. You just started an argument for some bizarre reason where no one could win out. So off ya go to bed before it's past your bedtime

Oh well I do apologise fine sir. I did not realise I was speaking to Mr. Collins himself. Didn't see what other way to describe that silly comment :)

haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32685640.jpg

Jesus I go for just an hour or two and this happens! Cool the jets now lads! Where's Spurious when you need him!

S'all good now. Just a quick debate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Thanks for all of the advice on how I can get part B done, I'm designing it now, i have all of the features I want to include, I'm just struggling with a target market and theme. Once I get that though I should be okaaaay, i hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

This project is filling up my mind so much that I keep thinking the two of you are talking about SolidWorks mates rather than what you actually intend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

For all of the outputs, did people hand write all of the information or did they type in? Does it matter which one i do?

• Advertisement

iFreeley wrote: »
    For all of the outputs, did people hand write all of the information or did they type in? Does it matter which one i do?

On certain pages I have typed it out as all of that will done on the computer anyway, but then where I have pages which I'm sketching on I prefer to hand write!

On certain pages I have typed it out as all of that will done on the computer anyway, but then where I have pages which I'm sketching on I prefer to hand write!
    Ah cool, but does it really make much difference if i do handwrite it or not? like presentation marks ?

Ah cool, but does it really make much difference if i do handwrite it or not? like presentation marks ?

My teacher would often say they almost prefer handwriting, it looks like you made a big effort, as long you're careful to make it legible then it's grand really!

My teacher would often say they almost prefer handwriting, it looks like you made a big effort, as long you're careful to make it legible then it's grand really!
    Ill do that then, written in pen or pencil?

Ill do that then, written in pen or pencil?

Keep to pencil first until you're absolutely sure that's what you want to write, then start writing in pen, fine felt tip looks best. Our teacher advises us to write a few letters in a word at a time then change to another paragraph and keep cycling around, it might sound a bit mad but it keeps you aware so that you won't make a mistake, just one mistake has the possibility of making the page look very poor!

When are we getting our exam numbers to put it on it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

When are we getting our exam numbers to put it on it :O

End of Feb approx.

but how are we suppose to put them on the project then ?????????

You don't for the moment instructions were given to put your name and date of birth on the back of each sheet, you can leave a blank space on each sheet for your exam number and write it in later or stick on a label after

How many sheets are ye giving to each output? Like, for outputs one and two, I have three sheets overall, which is grand according to the brief, but other people are doing loads of sheets :S

• Advertisement

How many sheets have you for the other outputs add them up and see can you fit more sheets.

I advised my lads at HL to have 2 for each to me one is not enough to go into enough detail required for HL

seavill wrote: »
    How many sheets have you for the other outputs add them up and see can you fit more sheets.

I advised my lads at HL to have 2 for each to me one is not enough to go into enough detail required for HL

Where did ye cut down then, outputs 5 and 9?

Where did ye cut down then, outputs 5 and 9?

Generally it was 2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 that leaves one short of the max people did an extra page in different places

seavill wrote: »
    Generally it was 2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 that leaves one short of the max people did an extra page in different places

Thank you! I have one less for output one, but I have the page in two kind of sections, so I think it might be okay, I have a lot of information on it. If I have time I might add to it somehow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Suil Eile

For output 9, it again asks for orthographic views, rendered pictorial and photorealistic. The way I've done my project leaves me with 2 pages and my teacher is still telling me to put Jpegs of the solidworks drawing side by side with the photorealistic. This looks rather wrong to me, so does using the coloured 3D option on the Orthographic drawing sheet cover me for rendered pictorial?

Also, bit of a tea stain (looks like tea but I didn't have tea anywhere near it) on my output 3 sketch, any methods to get rid of it or will careful and neat tipexing do?

Suil Eile wrote: »
    For output 9, it again asks for orthographic views, rendered pictorial and photorealistic. The way I've done my project leaves me with 2 pages and my teacher is still telling me to put Jpegs of the solidworks drawing side by side with the photorealistic. This looks rather wrong to me, so does using the coloured 3D option on the Orthographic drawing sheet cover me for rendered pictorial?

Also, bit of a tea stain (looks like tea but I didn't have tea anywhere near it) on my output 3 sketch, any methods to get rid of it or will careful and neat tipexing do?
    If you just leave the stain like it is and if its small, the corrector would be likely to just assume it was caused in transit or whatever!

Should i put borders on the pages? does it make much of a difference?

Suil Eile wrote: »

Yes that will do.

Personally if it was my project I would redo the sheet with the stain as whatever you do it will never look right and annoy you but thats up to you.

what the f*ck is an e-drawing is it the video thingy ?????

• Advertisement

what the f*ck is an e-drawing is it the video thingy ?????

The eDrawing is simple, all you do is open your assembly in SolidWorks and press "Save As" then under the name part it says something like "Save as Type" or something along those lines, just scroll down somewhere and you'll see eDrawing, click that, save, and your done! Simples!

Advertisement