Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 250tf or 76.2m achievable from a 1 joule sniper rifle??

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Is 250tf or 76.2m achievable from a 1 joule sniper rifle?? Guy selling a M700 and claiming 250ft plus range. Can't see how this is possible. My new G&P moe is shooting 325fps constant, 320 with hop on. with a 6.03mm barrel and it just cannot get that range let alone be accurate enough to hit anything. Any rifles claiming that kind of range are pushing 500fps on line. Is it possible from a 0.8-0.9joule rifle to hit an 18inch square target at 76.2m + 8 or 9 times out of ten or is it BS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

its possible, with the right conditions, right combination of parts, lots of practice, right ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

miske wrote: »
    Is 250tf or 76.2m achievable from a 1 joule sniper rifle?? Guy selling a M700 and claiming 250ft plus range. Can't see how this is possible. My new G&P moe is shooting 325fps constant, 320 with hop on. with a 6.03mm barrel and it just cannot get that range let alone be accurate enough to hit anything. Any rifles claiming that kind of range are pushing 500fps on line. Is it possible from a 0.8-0.9joule rifle to hit an 18inch square target at 76.2m + 8 or 9 times out of ten or is it BS?

70 to 80 metres would be on the high side for rifles in Ireland, especially with a TBB as while these increase accuracy will reduce range.

It's definitely possible to get that range and hit a man sized target but to consistenly hit a small target might be pushing it. I'm not getting in to the FPS but without other elements being right it just eans the bb will hit the ground faster

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭miske

thermo wrote: »
    its possible, with the right conditions, right combination of parts, lots of practice, right ammo.
    Nuke1973 wrote: »
    70 to 80 metres would be on the high side for rifles in Ireland, especially with a TBB as while these increase accuracy will reduce range.

It's definitely possible to get that range and hit a man sized target but to consistenly hit a small target might be pushing it. I'm not getting in to the FPS but without other elements being right it just eans the bb will hit the ground faster

Can't believe it!! either of you guys own such a rifle or actually seen one fired and hit consistantly at that range in Ireland? not just a friend of a friend thing or read off the internet. I actually steped it out today and couldn't believe it possible, got a laser range finder to confirm the range and guys I just cannot see how!! I'm sure you guys know what 76m is but tomorrow pick a starting point and take 76 good paces and turn around. thats 3/4 of a football field.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

I would get accuracy at 60m with my G&P Stoner. Might be able to arc bb's up to 75 metres but not too accurately.

A few polish lads I play with manage 70 - 80 metres with their guns but these guys are perfectionists and their guns are modded to the max.

No way would I expect to get that kind of accuracy without a lot of work and a lot of money

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    I would get accuracy at 60m with my G&P Stoner. Might be able to arc bb's up to 75 metres but not too accurately.

A few polish lads I play with manage 70 - 80 metres with their guns but these guys are perfectionists and their guns are modded to the max.

No way would I expect to get that kind of accuracy without a lot of work and a lot of money

where do you play nuke would love to see that. Need to see it to believe it.

• Advertisement

Can't believe it!! either of you guys own such a rifle

yes, had a m4 i had spent some serious money and time on tuning and adjusting, trying shed loads of combinations of barrel and hop up rubbers, nubs ect.
    with that m4 my longest 1 shot "kill" was 104 paces. at the time it was shooting at 323 fps with a .5fps variance and it was an arced shot on a still day. also at the time it was the only gun i had so i gamed it quite a bit.

yes, had a m4 i had spent some serious money and time on tuning and adjusting, trying shed loads of combinations of barrel and hop up rubbers, nubs ect.
    with that m4 my longest 1 shot "kill" was 104 paces. at the time it was shooting at 323 fps with a .5fps variance and it was an arced shot on a still day. also at the time it was the only gun i had so i gamed it quite a bit.

Unbelieveable!! do you still have it? Where do you skirmish? I need to see this, I thought all these guys were talking crap.

nope sold it, i was made an offer i could not refuse. :)
    i now play between redhills and tallaght cqb.

nope sold it, i was made an offer i could not refuse. :)
    i now play between redhills and tallaght cqb.

Dude your killing me, how could you sell it, you got anything now that can get that range or close to it. I'm making it my mission to see these 70 - 80 m or 105 m shot Rifles or AEGs. Am in naas so redhills is on the cards seeing as vacant so closed for months now with no date for reopening.

Dude your killing me, how could you sell it, you got anything now that can get that range or close to it. I'm making it my mission to see these 70 - 80 m or 105 m shot Rifles or AEGs. Am in naas so redhills is on the cards seeing as vacant so closed for months now with no date for reopening.
    money talks mate. everything has a price.
    the 104 pace shot was done under ideal conditions ie. zero wind/breeze and lots of practice and loads of tweaking done beforehand.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

The lads are right in saying its possible, especially with the likes of a flat hop/G hop/R hop mod but that still doesn't mean the chap isn't telling porkys. Usually when people are bragging about the range of their airsoft guns you can deduct around 10-20 meters off their claim.

watched the video and it could be true or just as easyily be faked but I could make a video identical to that showing my cyma aep doing the same. Little bit of editing, pre marked targets, a different aeg being chrono'd etc etc. I need to see it with my own eyes. I'm not a believer yet!

The lads are right in saying its possible, especially with the likes of a flat hop/G hop/R hop mod but that still doesn't mean the chap isn't telling porkys. Usually when people are bragging about the range of their airsoft guns you can deduct around 10-20 meters off their claim.

Hey stevie have you got a legal sub joule airsoft sniper rifle or aeg capable of hitting an 18inch square target at 76.2m + 8 or 9 times out of ten? Would you be willing to give me a demonstration?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I have a Madbull Python and a h-hop in my M4 and can reach 65 metres, but about 50 if even is accurate. but as most have said here, it is possible. I play with a polish group, soundest lads ever but one of their AEG's reaches 70-75 metres accurately. the M700 is a gas sniper rifle AFAIK so I'd say getting the right parts for it to do that distance would be pretty difficult, but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I had a rifle much like Thermo's one too. Any of the old HRTA lads remember the F2000 in its glory days? Now that was some piece of kit...

T4RGET wrote: »
    I have a Madbull Python and a h-hop in my M4 and can reach 65 metres, but about 50 if even is accurate. but as most have said here, it is possible. I play with a polish group, soundest lads ever but one of their AEG's reaches 70-75 metres accurately. the M700 is a gas sniper rifle AFAIK so I'd say getting the right parts for it to do that distance would be pretty difficult, but not impossible.

Yes my moe can reach 65 metres but what I'm talking about is hitting a 18inch square at 75m first time and then each shot after that with 1 or 2 flyers not a full auto burst and bbs arcking down like rain. and 1 or 2 hitting the target. Who are these polish guys where do they skirmish?. Would their aeg hit the 18inch target everytime at 75m? would they be up for a demo? Cheers

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I had a rifle much like Thermo's one too. Any of the old HRTA lads remember the F2000 in its glory days? Now that was some piece of kit...

Hi
    Do you still have it? Where do you skirmish? Would you be up for a demo? To hit a 18inch target at 75m 8 or 9 times out of ten.. Cheers

Hi
    Do you still have it? Where do you skirmish? Would you be up for a demo? To hit a 18inch target at 75m 8 or 9 times out of ten.. Cheers

Post in the past tense, haven't been involved in airsoft for a while now, bar upgrades and repairs. Don't have time. I can still build 'em though ;)

Hi

why dont you teach yourself how to do upgrades/work on guns and start experimenting with parts and build your own long range gun.

• Advertisement

why dont you teach yourself how to do upgrades/work on guns and start experimenting with parts and build your own long range gun.

Cheers I'm happy with the range on my guns. haven't met anyone outranging me by 25m. Only saw that guy selling a 250ft plus sniper rifle and wondered if it was actually possible. Now everyone says its possible but noone can show me its possible. If anyone has a sub joule rifle or aeg capable of 75m would love to see it. Cheers for the all the posts guys.

what barrel and hop up unit are you running in your current aeg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Now everyone says its possible but noone can show me its possible. If anyone has a sub joule rifle or aeg capable of 75m would love to see it.

I have a Masada that's had some really nice upgrades done to it and it gets some really nice range, but 75m I doubt. But as a serious airsofter I will say this, if I had an aeg that was hitting anything around the 75m mark I sure as hell wouldn't be selling it so dude, take what's here with a pinch of salt:rolleyes:

jayod30 wrote: »
    But as a serious airsofter I will say this, if I had an aeg that was hitting anything around the 75m mark I sure as hell wouldn't be selling it

why not? :confused: if your into building and tuning airsoft guns and have the know-how another can be built....................

I have a Masada that's had some really nice upgrades done to it and it gets some really nice range, but 75m I doubt. But as a serious airsofter I will say this, if I had an aeg that was hitting anything around the 75m mark I sure as hell wouldn't be selling it so dude, take what's here with a pinch of salt:rolleyes:

If I can do it once, I can do it twice buddy!
    In fact I've done it many times. It's not a fluke or luck it's skill and knowing how to upgrade something.

what barrel and hop up unit are you running in your current aeg

mad bull 3 in 1 hop up and a 6.03mm inner barrel don't know the make. Sleepershark done the work.

i have had good results with the mad bull hop up units, madbull ultimate tbb's and madbull blue hop up rubbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

why not? :confused: if your into building and tuning airsoft guns and have the know-how another can be built....................
    In fact I've done it many times. It's not a fluke or luck it's skill and knowing how to upgrade something.

So does anyone have one now that can reach that range in perfect conditions? If so, like miske says, I'd love to see it to believe it. I'm not claiming it can't be done, but I just don't see it! It's easy to say this and that but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. And, I'll continue to take salt with my pudding till proven otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

So does anyone have one now that can reach that range in perfect conditions? If so, like miske says, I'd love to see it to believe it. I'm not claiming it can't be done, but I just don't see it! It's easy to say this and that but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. And, I'll continue to take salt with my pudding till proven otherwise!
    personally i dont think id even be able to SEE a bb at 75meters let alone shoot it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    personally i dont think id even be able to SEE a bb at 75meters let alone shoot it!

:confused:.. a real gun can shoot 400-800 metres for an AR, people can't see that far either :p or am I missing something?

Advertisement