Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bookie do you use and why

Options
  • 03-09-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

From reading this forum I am interested to know which bookies you use and why?

Personally I use 3 mainly

Betfair is the majority of my betting due to better odds, greater range of betting options and no fear of getting the account closed.

Next is Bet365, mainly for asian markets and the odd acc and they have a wide range of markets and odds are relatively good.

Paddy Power. First account. Decent range of markets. Can withdraw in the shops. Fan of a market they offer - team x to win and 3 or 4 total match goals. Overall the other two are better but Paddy sometimes is the value and the site is easy to navigate and a fan of the whopper coupon view.

Havent really seen a reason to use other bookies.

Which do you use and why?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PP, cause they were what I knew when I decided to open a betting account, and for the most part offer me the markets I want to gamble with...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Bet365, easy to navigate, clear and excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Whichever one has the best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

I shop around look for the best price, most inplay bets are with bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

For the ones that shop around how many accounts do you keep funded simtaneously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Very few. Easy to lose track of where you have funds.

Get a Moneybookers account. All of the main bookies accept it and you can withdraw cash quickly afterwards.

Key thing is to get maximum return on any winning bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Its hard to find a better bookie than pinnacle sports imo , great prices and will never limit you (so they say anyway)

Been noticing pinnicle on oddschecker lately. Do they accept usa customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

No bookies will accept usa customers.

• Advertisement

A handful will.

Technically due to the UIGEA its illegal and when sports betting is legalised in the USA they wont get a license and their USA customers will leave and they cant compete with European or Asian books.

Last I checked Bodog and Bookmaker.com/.eu were the main culprits. Very dodgy to keep money on these books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

A handful will.

Technically due to the UIGEA its illegal and when sports betting is legalised in the USA they wont get a license and their USA customers will leave and they cant compete with European or Asian books.

Last I checked Bodog and Bookmaker.com/.eu were the main culprits. Very dodgy to keep money on these books.

Didn't know that, just from a few people on here that went over said that once the ip is in the US that you can't even get on the sites to check prices or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Personally, I use ladbrokes because they have a pretty good selection of events and their customer service department have always been top quality when I needed them, I see the odds ain't amazing thou. I'm considering moving on to someone else, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

I signed up for pinnacle but it seemed a lot of hassle to deposit as they wanted a scan of a drivers license AND a scan of something on a debit/credit card. Did you guys who signed up go through all this just to bet with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I've been surprised to notice, over the past year books be run in pubs.

When I don't find a cafe during the day I'll go into a pub for coffee. I've seen barmen taking bets from customers and writing them in a book.

I had thought that a licence is required for betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Condatis wrote: »

When I don't find a cafe during the day I'll go into a pub for coffee. I've seen barmen taking bets from customers and writing them in a book.

their ringing in a bookies which the pub has an account with i presume, just writing it down in a book to keep a record of bets and who placed them..i know from my local

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Would use PP a good bit, some of the moneyback specials are pretty good, app is handy too.

Another one I've been using recently is Matchbook. More often than not I find better odds for soccer and tennis than Betfair, and US sports are super there too. Lower commission rate than betfair aswell.

@JimBob ya it's a pain but worth it I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

They pay out and the staff split the takings at the end of the week.

The stakes that I've seen are quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Condatis wrote: »

A pub i know used to do it but dont seem to anymore. Basically you would put the price of a pint on it you win at say 4/1 you get 5 pints. If lose you pay for the pint always wondered if it ws legal presume so.

Sup lads, which would be the best for live sports streaming, as in who has the bigger selection. Thinking of leaving laddys and open to suggestions of what people think might be the best. I'm mostly footie,tennis,rugby and a bit of snooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sup lads, which would be the best for live sports streaming, as in who has the bigger selection. Thinking of leaving laddys and open to suggestions of what people think might be the best. I'm mostly footie,tennis,rugby and a bit of snooker.

Defintely Bet365. Best selection of live streaming and in-play betting available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 killerb33

I am also fan of Bet365.

Their inplay betting and live coverage of imporant events just proves it they are a leader in sports betting. Together with reliability and safety of funds (due to pure size of the business) it is a winning combination for me.

From time to time I also bet at Betfair if I need a Betting Exchange service.

If you need detailed reviews of both you can find it here: Gambeto Reviews

Cool, I'll keep it in mind. Ladbrokes screwed me out of 50 quid there a few weeks ago, so have a bit of a vendetta going atm, fleecing them for as much as I can before I switch, I know it makes no difference in the great scheme of things but it does make me feel better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Anyone use Will Hill or know what they are like in general ?

De Dannan wrote: »
    Anyone use Will Hill or know what they are like in general ?

Very good book, one of the only English or soft books which takes a while to limit, them and laddies are the two best soft books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

For the ones that shop around how many accounts do you keep funded simtaneously?

I dont fund the accounts individually.

I use a moneybookers account for sports betting. I've built up a decent amount and simply transfer the bet amount to whichever bookie has the best price on the market I want to bet. Its far easier to keep track and theres no need to dip into your living money.

I have a separate paypal account for poker and do the same thing for online tournament and cash games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I use betfair mainly because it allows a degree of flexibility its difficult to find with online bookmakers.

So far the best/most popular books appear to be

Betfair*
    Paddy Power
    Bet365
    Ladbrokes
    Bwin (range of markets)
    William Hill

Any others worth a look?

Pinnacle if you bet big

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Pinnacle is the best, great software. Only thing though its all spread and totals

Advertisement