Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No fathers at kids first day of school this morning

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pottler wrote: »
    Bollox. I go out and deal with the cnunts so they don't have to/wife doesn't have to. I.

Is there much money in gynecology these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

by comparing your personal experience, where you turned up for the first day and equating that with being a good parent, are you saying that for the vast majority of fathers who don't make it are bad parents, or less of a good parent than you are??
    Absolutely not.
    I'm saying that those trying in every way to involve themselves as best they can, are on their way to being an excellent parent.
    If that means only that they can be there in limited circumstances, thats unfortunate - but in those lesser circumstances, at least they are there - or trying to at least!

The bad parent is the one who can't be bother at all or even try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I always go to my kids first day of school, its a little first step to independence and they are going to be spending years doing a 9am start so its appropriate to mark it in some way IMO.

Also I need to make sure the missus isn't spending the back to school allowance on drink. LOL ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

JJJJNR wrote: »
    ...Also I need to make sure the missus isn't spending the back to school allowance on drink. LOL ;)

We know what you look like - we wouldn't blame her! :p

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Biggins wrote: »
    Absolutely not.
    You did make it sound that way. Just saying is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

TBH among people I know the first day of school is mostly a day for mothers to get kids who'd otherwise be fine upset by building the day up then crying themselves. It's generally the mother's day not the child's or father's. The kids themselves are fine and half of them probably don't even have a particularly strong memory of it ten years later. Most fathers I know would be less emotional about the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Not every child has a father in their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my third child started school yesterday and tbh i didnt look around to see whose mammy or daddy was there or both, just left the child into the classroom and left. went by the school a full 30 minutes later and some of the parents cars where still there like wtf... go in leave child and go home simple as, easier on child

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Apparently today went worse than yesterday.
    The kids had to line up single file & a few buckled like their first night in Shawshank, ran crying to their mammy's & had to be hauled inside screaming.
    These will be singled out as the weakest of the bunch early days, the alpha kids are probably already licking their chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

The dog could bring the child to school because at 4 or 5 years of age they won't remember a thing when they're older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Why not take photos at home (my first day of school photos were taken at our front door, as were my daughters).

If there are 26 children starting school, then there would be 52 parents in the classroom, along with the teacher and the teachers assistant. Drop the child into the classroom and let them get on with it. It is already very bewildering for children at the ages of 4 and 5 starting a new school without having the commotion of so many adults inside in the classroom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Maybe the 4 fathers present were the fathers of all the kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cofy wrote: »
    Why not take photos at home (my first day of school photos were taken at our front door, as were my daughters).

If there are 28 children starting school, then there would be 52 parents in the classroom, along with the teacher and the teachers assistant. Drop the child into the classroom and let them get on with it. It is already very bewildering for children at the ages of 4 and 5 starting a new school without having the commotion of so many adults inside in the classroom too.

28 * 2 = 56... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Did one of them lok like this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDQeQShqK0HM4s1_RQ0ldFGi7TxKl-DGMo5X_iJ7yAZ7aAWN6_

The dog could bring the child to school because at 4 or 5 years of age they won't remember a thing when they're older.

I actually remember my first day at school. My mam cried, I didnt. :)

( and Im old now )
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

You don't know if the women there were mammies dropping them in, it could have been young grannies, au pairs etc.

Sala wrote: »
    You don't know if the women there were mammies dropping them in, it could have been young grannies, au pairs etc.

Gilfs?
    There's a thread for that.

Advertisement