Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Composition- Weight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    i did not say needs to lose weight, I thought it was very good.
    At the same time somebody once said if they call you anorexic you still have five pounds to go, for your proper race weight.
    At the same time when you start to lose power and get ill while losing weight, NOT GOOD.

Generally, I cant actually believe people that train properly measire bodyfat, thats a bit too obsessive in my mind . enjoy that choclate. I would be very very worried if my clients would measure their body fat . A quick look in the mirror or checking how the jeans fits is by far enough. Scales are not neccesary , either, for most people and put mostly more pressure on people minds than doing any good.
    But again for number junkies if it works fine by me.

Different people just have different bodies and not everybody is made to look like a kenyan there is quite a few elite females that damage their body trying to be too light. I dodnt like comments to much that if people have not reached a certain body fat level they need to lose weight.

as for stride lenght what dave says would agree with me, but it was ok. too me, its more that you run too much in front off yourself .

On the use of BF scales. I have a "friend" who once last 26 pounds in two months. He did this by basically not eating for two months. Worked great in terms of weight loss and was great by look and by clothes but also lost alot of muscle. If the focus had been BF rather than clothes and/or weight then the loss would have probably been more fat based.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Try losing a 3rd of your body weight and going to below 10% bodyfat, then you'll have to deal with people sending you get well soon cards. I have had friends who haven't seen me in 2 years or more walk by me without recognising me (at least I think they didn't recognise me, probably avoiding me). I have had raging arguments with friends trying to explain that this is how I should look, that this is my correct weight and that all those years I was over weight.

I think that Peter is right, and I know that I can obsess about weight, especially coming from being so overweight. I could loose a few kg probably but I'm finally starting to settle into my new body and people are starting to comment that I look lean and fit as opposed to someone with the "virus".

The other problem is that society is getting fatter at an alarming rate and lean, fit people look very lean and fit cause everyone else is getting bigger. Bar one or two of my friends, the majority are 2/3 stone overweight.

Now I'm off to the toilet to get sick.........

Advertisement