Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Battlefield 3 Patch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Better than the AEK? What's the range like on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Todays origin update has locked me out of my account :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Have you guys used the UMP yet?

I spent some time on the classic maps this morning using it.

So sexy now.

I tried it the other night but Im not feeling it, its def better since the patch but its still out classed by the p90. Fire rate and clip size is still too poor on it tbh. You should try the mp5k since the patch....yikkes.

Increased damage and that huge fire rate with no recoil makes it a great run and gun piece. Still is balanced out with the small mag size and high ROF though so its not that overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

mozattack wrote: »
    Personally no, if you are any good you should be able to use all classes and guns, not rely on the same old guns.

Same way in Pro Evo or FIFA, the same people using the same teams. Drives me insane this inability to mix it up.
    The people who whore glitched/easy-mode guns to death wreck my head, you just know their top 5 is USAS, F2000, M16, MASS & 93R.
    It's pretty sad that alot of them tend to be playing with clanmates backing them up and still need to use the above :rolleyes:

I'm nearly finished getting 1 service star with all guns, have 23 at over five stars and then I'll be unlocking everything for everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I dont think I have room for the new dlc and patch :mad: (xbox hdd)

Question,
    see all these patches released from the start. What if I just deleted everything. Then boot the game up. Would I have to re-download each and every patch ... or just the latest patch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Better than the AEK? What's the range like on it?

The range on it is pretty sweet. On Bazaar I was catching brief glimpse of dudes at the medium/long range and firing and dropping them.

For me, personally, it won't replace the AEK though, because I love that gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

AEK is still better than the M416 up close, and maybe at medium range if you are good at controlling the recoil. M416 way better at range, and just far easier to use at all distances. The recoil is very low, and seems to me to be a fairly simple gradual pull down of the mouse to counter.
    The new M416 kind of puts the Scar-L and AN-94 into the useless category as it is almost that good at range, and way better than those 2 guns in any other situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

F2000 is the gun you pick when your team is **** and you need to win a flag/mcom.

Dont get the weapon hate unless the server forbids it then every weapon is fair game. Build a bridge etc:....or pick it too and get revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

quite like this patch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Attack choppers very different with this patch - I had thought it was a double nerf to choppers since stingers can lock on below radar, and gunners don't have flares. But the chopper rocket pods seem to have got a mega buff.

I'm no more accurate with my rockets now than I was a week ago, but the damage against infantry is unreal compared to how many hits to kill were needed pre-patch. Attacking tanks feels more like when the game was first released, and a few times today I took down the enemy's attack chopper with rocket pods while waiting for heat seekers to reload.

I had a game earlier with a squad of randoms and my teammates would bail out of the gunner seat. By the end of the game I had stopped looking for gunners to pick up - I stayed up solo til the end of the game got over 20 kills which was 6 from destroying armour, and the rest from flying passes over infantry and defending CQ flags.

It's trivial to take down a chopper, or force it off an objective, now with the stinger radar buff - but the vehicle is much, much more destructive than it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Only started using the m5k since friday and am coming up on 200 kills with it now, its beast on the cq maps but very bad at range. I love the weapon balancing in this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Lafortezza wrote: »
    AEK is still better than the M416 up close, and maybe at medium range if you are good at controlling the recoil. M416 way better at range, and just far easier to use at all distances. The recoil is very low, and seems to me to be a fairly simple gradual pull down of the mouse to counter.
    The new M416 kind of puts the Scar-L and AN-94 into the useless category as it is almost that good at range, and way better than those 2 guns in any other situation.

The recoil on the m416 is ridiculous now, plus it has a slightly reduced reload. Wouldn't say it's better than the an-94 in any other situation though, it can have a 1200 rpm when used in burst.

It does get a bit annoying DICE listening to everyone crying nerf this and nerf that

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

The people who whore glitched/easy-mode guns to death wreck my head, you just know their top 5 is USAS, F2000, M16, MASS & 93R.
    It's pretty sad that alot of them tend to be playing with clanmates backing them up and still need to use the above :rolleyes:

I'm nearly finished getting 1 service star with all guns, have 23 at over five stars and then I'll be unlocking everything for everything :D

I have
    11000 kills with the M16
    56000 with the F2000
    2500 with the AEK
    2500 with USAS
    2100 with the M416

40 guns mastered with a couple more almost done and around 70 with over a service star.

I think it's pretty sad you worry about what gun the other person is using.

top madra wrote: »

I have
    11000 kills with the M16
    56000 with the F2000
    2500 with the AEK
    2500 with USAS
    2100 with the M416

40 guns mastered with a couple more almost done and around 70 with over a service star.

I think it's pretty sad that you play the game enough to have 56000 kills with 1 gun ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I think it's pretty sad that you play the game enough to have 56000 kills with 1 gun ???
    I think that's probably a typo, judging from that fact that the rest of the guns are ordered from highest to lowest kill amounts :p

I agree that I don't think people should worry about what guns other people use. I use guns that are appropriate for the map/mode I'm playing. I use the AEK most on close quarter and city maps, sometimes the M416. You'll never see me using the AEK on something like Caspian or Kharg though, simply because of the stats of the weapon. For longer range bigger maps, I'll probably use the ACW or M4A1, or else play support with the M249 or M27. It all depends on the sit-ye-ation. :)

I think that's probably a typo, judging from that fact that the rest of the guns are ordered from highest to lowest kill amounts :p

I agree that I don't think people should worry about what guns other people use. I use guns that are appropriate for the map/mode I'm playing. I use the AEK most on close quarter and city maps, sometimes the M416. You'll never see me using the AEK on something like Caspian or Kharg though, simply because of the stats of the weapon. For longer range bigger maps, I'll probably use the ACW or M4A1, or else play support with the M249 or M27. It all depends on the sit-ye-ation. :)

have you changed your name ( decryptor / shamrock ) ?? because im not sure, im holding back all sorts of abuse right now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

have you changed your name ( decryptor / shamrock ) ?? because im not sure, im holding back all sorts of abuse right now :p
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I think it's pretty sad that you're trying to insult people on the Internet. Seriously, can we stop this crap?

smelly pants

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

He could of at least changed it to his Battlefield call sign: Ballbag :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    He could of at least changed it to his Battlefield call sign: Ballbag :P

thought that was my BF3 name , speaking of you play it at all any more ktulu ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

top madra wrote: »
    I suppose that's true. I just find it really dull when everyone on a map is using the same gun and/or same class. On the infantry heavy maps that I like best I get why almost everyone uses assault as it's just the best choice but when you couple that with almost everyone using the M16 prepatch and almost everyone using either the M416 or AEK now it just gets really samey and dull. It is really the fault of Dice that there are still such absolutely clear winning guns in every patch and that assault is so strong on most maps. The game is just miles more fun imo when you have a smattering of classes and weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

well look out for me if you are on the opp team, i'll usually be found with the p90 or A91 these days!

danniemcq wrote: »
    well look out for me if you are on the opp team, i'll usually be found with the p90 or A91 these days!

Both good guns , I have over 1200 kills with A-91 love it
    I'm trying to rank all guns up to 500 currently working on the Scar-L (like it) famas (hate it) an the KH2002 ( growing on me)
    Personally find the M16 and M416 boring to use , very vanilla and predictable , can't talk about AEK though have over 2000 kills with that , it was my main gun for the first 5 months of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The KH2002 is the last assault rifle I need to get all unlocks with. I'm really ****ing hating it I have to say! :(

DapperGent wrote: »
    The KH2002 is the last assault rifle I need to get all unlocks with. I'm really ****ing hating it I have to say! :(

Go onto a hardcore server and put a 4x scope on it with heavy barrel , you will decimate the enemy from range 1 burst kills on HC it's awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

thought that was my BF3 name , speaking of you play it at all any more ktulu ??

Im in the shtates at the moment. Will be back in a couple weeks & i'll be back playing.

Advertisement