Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Battlefield 3 Patch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Apparently with the battlelog update I lost all my friends :(

Same as it should for now only show origin friends but none of them are showing up on my account either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i think after the patch is installed you can repair the install and they should all come back.

mine are all gone too now just waiting on the download to finish and see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say DICE ****ed up. They said they removed flares from the Gunner seat of the Heli's in order to bring some balance. Well even without those flares myself and a buddy just spent a round absolutely wrecking face in the Heli. While we didnt have the flares we were able to just allocate close infy targets to me with the rockets and the further ones to him with the gun.

Absolutely no one on the other team was able to get stationary long enough to get a lock before we had them down.

I am an okay Heli pilot, maybe better than average. I predict the Viper/Havoc in the hands of a top notch heli pilot is now something to be really feared.

My advice? Bring your RPG...standing still long enough for a lock is now a death sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

but they didnt improve any attacking side of the heli though did they ?

Soby wrote: »
    but they didnt improve any attacking side of the heli though did they ?

The rockets now do a lot more damage.

Also, the UMP is now an absolute beast weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say DICE ****ed up. They said they removed flares from the Gunner seat of the Heli's in order to bring some balance. Well even without those flares myself and a buddy just spent a round absolutely wrecking face in the Heli. While we didnt have the flares we were able to just allocate close infy targets to me with the rockets and the further ones to him with the gun.

Absolutely no one on the other team was able to get stationary long enough to get a lock before we had them down.

I am an okay Heli pilot, maybe better than average. I predict the Viper/Havoc in the hands of a top notch heli pilot is now something to be really feared.

My advice? Bring your RPG...standing still long enough for a lock is now a death sentence.

That's great news, its the way it should be. It's a fecking helicopter gunship of course it has to be overpowered. The easiest way to take down a helicopter is with a jet & the easiest way to take down a jet is with another jet or AA tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That's great news, its the way it should be. It's a fecking helicopter gunship of course it has to be overpowered. The easiest way to take down a helicopter is with a jet & the easiest way to take down a jet is with another jet or AA tank.

mmmm Jets :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Blazer wrote: »
    mmmm Jets :D

Yup:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I think the idea they were going for with removing the gunner flares was to force helis to take on a more long range role. If the pilot uses guided rockets they're much more suited to firing from a long range as it gives the rockets time/space to align and move. Also the gunner will now have the distance advantage with zoom optics on the main cannon and of course it goes without saying that the TV guided missile is best used at range.

I noticed they also improved the range and height of the lock on of the IGLA and Stinger, this will make it even more dangerous for attack helis to get too close to the action.

mine just came back again after i did the repair installation thingy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pc patch fail so far.

trying a "repair install" to see if it will let me play.

I keep getting "update game" when I try play even tho I've already updated it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.
    About f**king time. Choppers could stay in the air indefinitely in the past with this!

Seems they also unnerfed the damage to inf from AA guns.

Haven't played BF3 for the last few weeks. Hoping when Armoured Kill comes out next week it'll be fun to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone have any news on the AC-130? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chavways wrote: »
    Anyone have any news on the AC-130? Is it any good?

Defending on Rush against it is an absolute nightmare. Even with a good jet pilot, plenty running IGLAs, it destroys everything on the ground. I don't know if its OP or what, but the balance of attackers vs defenders is swayed completely in the attackers favour.

Conquest, fine... I understand why its there as the maps are enormous and there are multiple objectives, but on Rush? Where the maps are compacted and tunneled to focus on 2 objectives, it's a ridiculous idea.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Defending on Rush against it is an absolute nightmare. Even with a good jet pilot, plenty running IGLAs, it destroys everything on the ground. I don't know if its OP or what, but the balance of attackers vs defenders is swayed completely in the attackers favour.

Conquest, fine... I understand why its there as the maps are enormous and there are multiple objectives, but on Rush? Where the maps are compacted and tunneled to focus on 2 objectives, it's a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, it's odd...it doesn't have a major impact on any Conquest game I have played...simple due to map size and the fact that it flies over all bases.

With it circling the M-Coms on Rush it really does feel OP because it can just focus fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Even with a good jet pilot, plenty running IGLAs
    Can you attach C4 on it if the pilot jumps out over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

M416 seemed to be the weapon of choice last night , on the big maps anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

jonski wrote: »
    M416 seemed to be the weapon of choice last night , on the big maps anyway .
    Yeah, I saw alot more M416 players last night as well. Still the fact that the M16 is not affected by suppression, means you'll still see M16's everywhere. A couple of youtube vids I've watched seem to say that while the recoil change is noticable, it's still easy enough to counter. More on how the M16 isn't affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone notice a reduction in visuals causing an increase in FPS?

I have nothing changed but the game doesnt look as pretty as it did monday, less smoke and dust kick up seems noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is the flashlight brighter again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I ran the updated patch, now when I try to join a server game from battlelog I'm told I need to install the game first ffs :rolleyes:

Edit : N/m, I just ran the repair option and it seems to have updated it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

M416/M16 etc...

It would be nice if those feckin assault whores actually switched guns once in a while. Pathetic.

mozattack wrote: »
    M416/M16 etc...

It would be nice if those feckin assault whores actually switched guns once in a while. Pathetic.

Would you not stick to what either works for you or what you have unlocks for or the gun you like?

i mean personally i don't like them so i stick to what i do like, the a91, p90 or the Aug A3.

i rarely play with anything else unless i'm playing support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

anyone else having problems telling your squad to attack/defend objectives? haven't been able to do it since the patch. playing on 360. think my controller might be bust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

danniemcq wrote: »
    Would you not stick to what either works for you or what you have unlocks for or the gun you like?

i mean personally i don't like them so i stick to what i do like, the a91, p90 or the Aug A3.

i rarely play with anything else unless i'm playing support

Personally no, if you are any good you should be able to use all classes and guns, not rely on the same old guns.

Same way in Pro Evo or FIFA, the same people using the same teams. Drives me insane this inability to mix it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Personally no, if you are any good you should be able to use all classes and guns, not rely on the same old guns.

Same way in Pro Evo or FIFA, the same people using the same teams. Drives me insane this inability to mix it up.

Why dose it bother you so much.

Its not as if crap players are made better by it or good players become better using it.

Il kill people with whatever gun suits me people like you make me enjoy it even more :)

Back on topic: I haven't noticed any difference since the patch came out

Have you guys used the UMP yet?

I spent some time on the classic maps this morning using it.

So sexy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Major fail IMHO, Tanks are like cardboard and what is with the suppression now its mental if fired at. So in a 1 on 1 who ever fires 1st wins as its nearly impossible to shot back now with the screen taking an epiletic fit its so stupid.

Jet are even stronger now except against each other as the heat seekers are a major fail and you still lose 70% of your health with the smallest of falls, and dont get me started about the bipod still being arsed up.

well I'd usually stick with my usual guns as that's what I'm used to, i guess i don't have the abilities yet (not sarcasm btw)

I have experimented with other guns in each class and time after time i'd feel like I'm letting the side down (even more than usual) as i try and figure out either rate of fire, recoil and range. heck even the iron sights annoy me sometimes.

At this stage though i feel like i could pick up 70% of weapons if i was out of ammo in a map and get a hit with them but I'll usually go back to my old reliable after i get killed.

I'm sure once i get better and get my k/d ratio to that magical 1/1 (it was a VERY rough start for me hadn't played a PC FPS in 7 years) I'll have a far greater knowledge of what weapons are like to use but once i do i have a feeling I'll still stick to maybe a dozen or so and use them in rotation or where they would be most suited for each map.

• Advertisement

Played some Rush on Bazaar earlier. Assault with an M416. 10 minutes later I was 19-2 and had taken 4 M-Coms.

Gun is ridiculous right now.

Advertisement