Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2: Crafting Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A much needed update. Was a pain in the ass having to take everything from your bags when you wanted to craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kiith wrote: »
    A much needed update. Was a pain in the ass having to take everything from your bags when you wanted to craft.

Was kinda nice to go "Hrm, what will I take out try out" where now its obvious what mixes, but will be a massive time saver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Was kinda nice to go "Hrm, what will I take out try out" where now its obvious what mixes, but will be a massive time saver :)

I was on the other side of that to be honest, I was more "I want to take everything out to see what goes together, but don't have the inv space." To each their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am coming to the conclusion crafting serves little or no purpose in GW2.

Margins on crafted exotics and rares are razor thin, its fair to say you could purchase sets for less than the cost of crafting them if you factor in the levelling costs. Given there are no recipe drops, to differentiate your wares, I see no long term future in crafting non consumables. You might be able to make a buck now if you are ahead of the curve, which i intend to do, but it's a once off window.

The 5% upfront and 10% at sale Tax's also make making money speculating on the AH particularly tricky, there are some items where the spread is greater than 15% and it is very easy to buy at the buy offer price and sell immediately at the sell offer price, but this only really applies to low value high frequency trades, and while I can lock in say 7c a unit rpofit flipping fangs instantaneously, it's alot of work for little gold. You need to flip just shy of 1500 units to see a 1G profit, and there is always the risk of getting on the wrong side of a price shift.

I have noticed prices seem to go up at weekends, so there may be some profit there.

Inq

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Inquitus wrote: »
    I am coming to the conclusion crafting serves little or no purpose in GW2.

Margins on crafted exotics and rares are razor thin, its fair to say you could purchase sets for less than the cost of crafting them if you factor in the levelling costs. Given there are no recipe drops, to differentiate your wares, I see no long term future in crafting non consumables. You might be able to make a buck now if you are ahead of the curve, which i intend to do, but it's a once off window.

The 5% upfront and 10% at sale Tax's also make making money speculating on the AH particularly tricky, there are some items where the spread is greater than 15% and it is very easy to buy at the buy offer price and sell immediately at the sell offer price, but this only really applies to low value high frequency trades, and while I can lock in say 7c a unit rpofit flipping fangs instantaneously, it's alot of work for little gold. You need to flip just shy of 1500 units to see a 1G profit, and there is always the risk of getting on the wrong side of a price shift.

I have noticed prices seem to go up at weekends, so there may be some profit there.

Inq

The sales tax is a tad to high imho seeing as making money via just playing the game is very slow at 80 as the rewards just don't seem to scale well from completing events.

Saying that Iv been able to make 80s to 1g profit from crafting exotic armor just buy buying the mats on the TP, crafting said item and then selling the armor :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Love the crafting. Feels a lot more rewarding than any other MMO I've played.

Nearly levelled out my craftsmanships now.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Too lazy to find the link, but there's a new crafting material being introduced with the Lost Shores update this weekend, usable in 200 recipes, bit of incentive for people who've gotten bored with crafting.

Advertisement