Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My yearly phone call this morning to continue my half price package and as usual was offered 20% off. Told them to cancel and I will now play the waiting game. Funnily enough the lady on the phone said a customer will only get half price just the once and later on she was checking my account and seen I have gotten it 4/5 times.

11 days later and I get a call from Sky giving me half price for 6 months:)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Cancelled ten days ago and this morning was offered 50% off Variety and Sports for 6mths also 50% off HD for 12mths. No new contract. Offer accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Question.... is there any deals on Multi- Room if I ring in??

Secondly....if I take Multi-Room.. does that mean that I have signed up for ALL services for 12 months??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks like I got the best deal so far. 6 months free and 3 @€;9 :)

• Advertisement

Looks like I got the best deal so far. 6 months free and 3 @€;9 :)

In fairness that's because you had crappy broadband with them. I'd be lost without my internet (200mb with UPC) way more than my Sky tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Question.... is there any deals on Multi- Room if I ring in??

Secondly....if I take Multi-Room.. does that mean that I have signed up for ALL services for 12 months??

Reading various posts I don't think they give deals on multiroom easily but I could be corrected on that.

Multiroom gives you all the channels/HD you have on your main TV and I think they put you on a 12 month contract. (Not sure about the cost for installation and an extra box - might be able to do a deal on that part?)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I finally rang up yesterday & cancelled my basic sky package. The girl was lovely, tried her very best to persuade me to stay, eventually offering me the package for €19 for 9 months, no contract. I said no. I have to say I was tempted, but I want to try live without TV for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Called recently told there was nothing that could be done because I'm on a HD offer even though at end of original contract. Should I have of persisted more?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

peking97 wrote: »
    Cancelled ten days ago and this morning was offered 50% off Variety and Sports for 6mths also 50% off HD for 12mths. No new contract. Offer accepted!

Was this online or did they ring you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In fairness that's because you had crappy broadband with them. I'd be lost without my internet (200mb with UPC) way more than my Sky tv.

I'm actually with Eircom for fibre broadband and phone. I left sky because it was so chappy. Just have tv with sky now for 9 months and revert back to evision afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Bill is due to done on the 8th so I'm going to ring tomorrow and cancel.

I've Variety only so I doubt they'll be bothered much if I want to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

SEORG wrote: »
    Was this online or did they ring you?

They phoned me on my landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    I finally rang up yesterday & cancelled my basic sky package. The girl was lovely, tried her very best to persuade me to stay, eventually offering me the package for €19 for 9 months, no contract. I said no. I have to say I was tempted, but I want to try live without TV for a while.

Which number did you ring?

Sky rang me their now of their own accord, offered Movies for €10 for 3 months, no contract.

I just said ring tomorrow.

Gonna cancel tomorrow and see.

Does anyone have the number to ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Looked for discount told cant have two offers on account at once this correct?

Already have HD at an offer price.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

Looked for discount told cant have two offers on account at once this correct?

"""Was also told the same , had free sky for few months basic pack, offered movies & sports for €20.

Could not have two offers on one account.

Great if you could but I couldn't get it.""""

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Sky rang me their now of their own accord, offered Movies for €10 for 3 months, no contract.

0818 719 819

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

13/6/14 - I'm going to ring up in a few days and say UPC made a better offer than Sky.

Might get them to push through the cancellation and then wait and see.

I'm going to ring up soon, always get my bill on the 8th.

Hope to get some reduction, on the €36 variety bundle.

I need to ring up soon.

Gonna say I was offered TV and Movies with HD from UPC for €25.

See how they'll react to that.

I need to ring up myself.

Been a Sky customer since 2005 and it'd be really hard to go without.

Only have Variety at the minute but possibly looking for movies.

Think it's better to guilt trip and say can't afford or say UPC gave a better offer?
    I'm going to ring up tomorrow and say I'd like to cancel.

Is it better to say you can't afford it any longer or that UPC gave a better offer and you're switching?
    Bill is due to done on the 8th so I'm going to ring tomorrow and cancel.

I've Variety only so I doubt they'll be bothered much if I want to cancel.

You've been saying this for the last two months Alan, I don't think your ever going to ring them to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

SUCCESS!!!!
    Have threatened to cancel with them a couple of times before and ended up with 20% off..... didn't hold and cancel fully to get better discount but today was determined I needed to get more than 20% so.... rang and asked immediately to be put through to cancellations. The girl asked why and I told her it wa too expensive. She put me through to cancellations where another girl did her best to get me to stay offering 20% off - even trying to get me to cut my package (Variety Package + Sports) to reduce cost. Told her no, I really needed to cut costs. She then said she was putting it through and would pass me on to next guy to discuss my final bill. Got on to him and straight away he asked if there was anything he could do to get me to stay. I told him that the girl had offered 20% off but wouldn't be interested in staying for that. So immediately he offered me 50% off for 6 months with no contract for €31.50 instead of the €62 I am paying now ... well happy :D
    It was definitely the Irish call centre too - all Irish people I spoke with.

• Advertisement

manu2009 wrote: »
    You've been saying this for the last two months Alan, I don't think your ever going to ring them to be honest :pac:

Wow... You're totally right.

Didn't know I was that bad.

Right I'm gonna do it now!

Really, I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ian_jen

Rang up yesterday to cancel the Variety pack. Done in minutes no problem. Also asked about Sky Sports as an add on and got offer 6 months at half price (€18) and back to the normal price of €36 afterwards.

Have been offered 2 years free Sky broadband "unlimited" if I activate Sky Sports 5. Does anyone have any comments on Sky's broadband service?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dnphoto

i rang up to cancel today, same thing, spoke to 3 different people, final guy offered me 3 months free, i still cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Mech1

Called recently told there was nothing that could be done because I'm on a HD offer even though at end of original contract. Should I have of persisted more?

I had that problem last year, simple, tell them to remove the current offer from your account you dont want it any more. When thats done (same call), ask them to apply new offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Rang last night to cancel as I'm with sky a year in a few weeks. Currently paying the €36 a month. Straight away was offered the same package for €25 for 9 months with no contract. Rang back tonight and kept dropping hints of how its not worth it when I still have to go out and watch the matches when the new season starts, praying he would offer me some sort of deal with the sports but no luck. Even asked is there was any sort of deal with the sports at the min and he said not at the moment so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Hoping they will ring me back now over the next few weeks with an offer on the sports.

Will it happen? Has anyone had any sort of deal offered to them on the sports?

Rang last night to cancel as I'm with sky a year in a few weeks. Currently paying the €36 a month. Straight away was offered the same package for €25 for 9 months with no contract. Rang back tonight and kept dropping hints of how its not worth it when I still have to go out and watch the matches when the new season starts, praying he would offer me some sort of deal with the sports but no luck. Even asked is there was any sort of deal with the sports at the min and he said not at the moment so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Hoping they will ring me back now over the next few weeks with an offer on the sports.

Will it happen? Has anyone had any sort of deal offered to them on the sports?

Let me just dust off my crystal ball. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

interesting. My bill went from €24 to €30 this month without any notice. Going to call them to see wtf is after going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

How much is the entire sports package now if you want to include Sky Sports 5? We have got rid of sports for the summer but are looking at getting it back soon, obviously with a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Wow... You're totally right.

Didn't know I was that bad.

Right I'm gonna do it now!

Really, I am.

Bet you still haven't rang! ;)
    Only wrote: »
    SUCCESS!!!!
    Have threatened to cancel with them a couple of times before and ended up with 20% off..... didn't hold and cancel fully to get better discount but today was determined I needed to get more than 20% so.... rang and asked immediately to be put through to cancellations. The girl asked why and I told her it wa too expensive. She put me through to cancellations where another girl did her best to get me to stay offering 20% off - even trying to get me to cut my package (Variety Package + Sports) to reduce cost. Told her no, I really needed to cut costs. She then said she was putting it through and would pass me on to next guy to discuss my final bill. Got on to him and straight away he asked if there was anything he could do to get me to stay. I told him that the girl had offered 20% off but wouldn't be interested in staying for that. So immediately he offered me 50% off for 6 months with no contract for €31.50 instead of the €62 I am paying now ... well happy :D
    It was definitely the Irish call centre too - all Irish people I spoke with.

That's not 50%! ;)

Advertisement