Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should The Great White Shark Be Culled From Planet Earth??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

FatherLen wrote: »
    did you lose a leg to "gws" or something

Killed my father, raped me mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

No. Do you have another suggestion for keeping the numbers of Australians down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If anyone is ever attacked by a shark just punch it in the nose. That's its weak point.

Killing them would be totally imorral. They're creatures of the sea and deserve to be respects. Respect the power of sharks and crocks.

Although of sharks got a chance they would eat. I rape and kill every last one of us. However we are slightly more intelligent than them in some ways anyway and know that it's not the right thing to do.
    Do not fuxk with mother nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Sharks belong in the sea , its their demense, humans should enter it at their peril.
    No way should their be a cull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The Australia love culling stuff, up to and including people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

If anyone is ever attacked by a shark just punch it in the nose. That's its weak point.

Killing them would be totally imorral. They're creatures of the sea and deserve to be respects. Respect the power of sharks and crocks.

Although of sharks got a chance they would eat. I rape and kill every last one of us. However we are slightly more intelligent than them in some ways anyway and know that it's not the right thing to do.

You really want to put your fist near a fcuking big mouth of a gws?

Good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk that. Australians are responsible for more deaths per year than sharks. Let's cull them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

well if we want to cull them we will have to go in there with them, so lets see what happens when we do that. should be a bit of fun. maybe it will end up like planet of the apes. hail the caesar shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

have you tried punching under water? its slow, GWS arnt

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Reminds me of a time when a Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail fin. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark will go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cabra. GAA player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than The OP. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

If all the sharks were killed, think about how shít the Discovery Channel would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

the 7 people who have voted yes so far should be fed to the sharks

seriously - whoever came up with the idea to cull sharks should be beaten to death with snooker balls in socks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

If all the sharks were killed, think about how shít the Discovery Channel would be!
    Ancient Aliens level of shítness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I happen to be up on this. What is happening is, there is an unusual thin cold water current moving closer to the shore then usual, this water is what the sharks like to swim in, it is usually further out to sea. So what you are getting is a lot of sharks and humans in the same area.

Sharks don't particularly like the taste of humans, they much prefer the fatty seals and fish rather then us slim humans, which is why most survive attacks, the shark takes a bite and goes yuk and swims off.

I am not for culling these magnificent and beautiful creatures, they are protected because they are becoming rarer, it would be an awful planet to live on without such biodiversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

have you tried punching under water? its slow, GWS arnt
    They are very weak there and will swim away with a sharp belt to the nose.

They will have to surface to attack you on your surf board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If Jaws taught us anything its that its only acceptable to kill a shark if he embarks upon some sort of personal vendetta against you , tracking you , taunting you.

Oh and you must say something cool when you kill it like " smile you son of bitch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

A great white shark rises above the water while you're surfing to take your legs in one munch. You have seconds, if you're lucky, to react. Chances are you're gonna be frozen with fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I think Teddy has found the answer. Karate chop to the snozzle it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Cull? Gonna need a bigger boat.

Prehaps a cull of the dumbass tourists who think it is cool to say they have "dived with sharks" by standing 2ft below the water in a cage. Utter bullshit

I dived with sharks on my very first scuba dive and didn't have a fcking cage.

If you seriously think that chumming the water daily and lowering a cage full of humans into it isn't going to teach Great Whites to associate humans with food, you are a delusional twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Too much sense in this thread. I say, let's get these shark bastards and make them pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

No, cull anyone stupid enough to go swimming or surfing where there are sharks. In my opinion if you take the risk, you have to take the results.

yup a 15-20ft shark will be dissuaded by a slow tap on the nose, if a great white wants you (they generally dont, and as other people pointed out its usually mistaken identity) and your in the water well your fcuked :pac:

id actually love to see one though amazing creatures

Too much sense in this thread. I say, let's get these shark bastards and make them pay.

i for one welcome our new shark overlords :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The only person who suggested a worldwide cull in any way, shape or form was the OP as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

MadsL wrote: »
    Cull? Gonna need a bigger boat.

Prehaps a cull of the dumbass tourists who think it is cool to say they have "dived with sharks" by standing 2ft below the water in a cage. Utter bullshit

I dived with sharks on my very first scuba dive and didn't have a fcking cage.

If you seriously think that chumming the water daily and lowering a cage full of humans into it isn't going to teach Great Whites to associate humans with food, you are a delusional twit.

Now that is one of the wisest and smartest things I have read on boards. They had a similar problem in Egypt when tourists use to feed sharks from from hand. Naturally the sharks came back looking for more. You are now fined very heavily if caught doing so or the boat tour guide loses his licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gvn wrote: »
    Isn't it the case that the majority of shark attacks are against those who are surfing at the time?
    The real issue here is obviously that Australians are very tasty. Maybe we should all be eating Australians.

Knowing the Australian ecosystem what they should do is introduce the cutest animal we can find as it will surely end in devastation for the local wildlife. Really we should just nuke Australia it's too weak to be allowed consort with the rest of nature. We're only prolonging their suffering otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

A wise man once said - "Never go full retard." Take note OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The only person who suggested a worldwide cull in any way, shape or form was the OP as far as I can see.

Actually I heard it on Fox News once believe it or not as argument regarding drilling in Alaska (not sharks but regarding deer and stuff).

And no I don't support it, I think I mentioned that at the bottom of my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Private Piles

Apparently they may be able to develop a shark repellant some day.
    Sharks won't go any where near other dead rotting sharks.

I saw two scuba divers enter the water with about 10 sharks who were in a feeding frenzy. They sunk down to the ocean floor and released a bag of distilled shark tissue, within minutes the sharks swarm off into the distance and never returned.

They were saying that the scent could be incorporated into surf boards, wet suits and even sun screens, pretty cool I thought.

Advertisement