Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer mile

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

An interview with the man of the moment, Josh Harris!

http://spikes-mag.tumblr.com/post/49501339637/meet-the-worlds-fastest-beer-miler

“I am nothing special as a miler [3:51 1500m] but in terms of being able to continually scull beers I’d rate myself as equivalent to a 3:30 1500m runner. Put the two together and it’s a combination that is very hard to beat.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

We had the Parkville Beer Mile today in Melbourne. No Josh Harris as he prepares for his marathon debut, but plenty of depth throughout the field. The winner took it out in a smooth 5:17. I managed 8:27 myself, 8 seconds off my PB, but this time with a fully Kingston Rules approved 5% and 355ml, while last time was with 4.6% and 330ml, so probably a better overall performance, and no ifs, buts and maybes can be uttered this time. Don't know my overall rank until the results are published but a much higher standard this time than on previous occasions. Not many jokers taking 24 mins to get through it this time!

Any more boards beer miles in the pipeline?

And for those interested here are the results of yesterday's big race:

http://www.pbmilersclub.org/2013/09/2013-parkville-beer-mile-results.html

Great Irish representation. I think there was about 6 of us. No Josh Harris but probably the strongest beer mile depth wise ever seen. Over half of the field went sub 9.

And for those Josh Harris fans among us, he made his marathon debut this morning, taking bronze in the Australian Marathon Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Any more boards beer miles in the pipeline?

Meno and I were just discussing this yesterday. Would be great to get another one in around Nov/Dec time when things are winding down. Not sure if TRR is willing to leave go of that trophy though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

blockic wrote: »
    Meno and I were just discussing this yesterday. Would be great to get another one in around Nov/Dec time when things are winding down. Not sure if TRR is willing to leave go of that trophy though! ;)

I'm willing to partake in an exhibition but I'm not putting my title on the line until next year :P November would be best as December is always messy due to Christmas parties etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

May as well run around in the dark, wet and cold as opposed to the great evening we had last time.
    Might make a habit of this..........see what I did there.......no, nun of you seen it? Ok I'll stop.

Here's the video to last Saturday's race. Bit of a dramatic beginning to proceedings :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

TRR wrote: »
    I'm willing to partake in an exhibition but I'm not putting my title on the line until next year :P November would be best as December is always messy due to Christmas parties etc
    November would be good at least the conditions will be similar to the last running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Peckham

TRR wrote: »
    I'm willing to partake in an exhibition but I'm not putting my title on the line until next year I'm confident that I'm faster than Krusty :P November would be best as December is always messy due to Christmas parties etc

Fixed this post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

We've gotta leave this 'til the Spring... All the practice cost me a small fortune last time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Lads, quick question. When ye did this in Summer, were the women folk allowed smaller measures or did they drink same as the boys? I'm trying to whip up a bit of enthusiasm here for a Luxo beer mile and I told the one or two females who MIGHT do it that I'd see about letting em have smaller or fewer drinks. There's something on the "official" site about 3 beers instead of 4.

Itziger wrote: »
    Lads, quick question. When ye did this in Summer, were the women folk allowed smaller measures or did they drink same as the boys? I'm trying to whip up a bit of enthusiasm here for a Luxo beer mile and I told the one or two females who MIGHT do it that I'd see about letting em have smaller or fewer drinks. There's something on the "official" site about 3 beers instead of 4.

Nope, that rule has changed. Women now drink the same as men: 4 beers at 5% and 355ml.

Thanks, Chivito. I think that's a tad unfair though. it's accepted that average consumption ability/levels differ for the sexes.

Itziger wrote: »
    Thanks, Chivito. I think that's a tad unfair though. it's accepted that average consumption ability/levels differ for the sexes.

The fastest woman ran 7:50 last week and another girl went 8:02, though the first one is a national medalist. Not sure what percentage etc they were drinking, but it was definitely 4 beers!

A 'friend' of mine has found a nearby Beer Mile in Southern Belgium.

Tiny problems: It's next Friday!! It's at 9.30 at night (current weather situation here, -6 at 9.30 in the morning) 45 minute drive away. To say that we'd need a driver .............

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Six down...

Sounds mental would you not get stitch if pushing yourself that much???

Advertisement