Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2012/12 Discussion thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

GG 3-2 to Rocco.

It was a good game for the most part with a good healthy rivalry, it's just such a shame to see 30 somethings throw their toys out the pram and lash out on a pitch embarrassing both themselves and their team especially in a friendly.

Hi Homer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sure it wouldnt be an astro game with Ed unless the toys were thrown out of the pram :pac::pac:

No it was a good game and plenty of spirit from both teams and a hunger to win which is what you want in the last (possible) game of pre-season.

Still a couple of places for boards to work on and as Jules said last night in the final 10 mins is where you need to dig deep and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

A couple of the goals we conceded were sloppy but with people only playing together for the second or third time it's to be expected. Looking forward to the season proper now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Draupnir wrote: »
    A couple of the goals we conceded were sloppy but with people only playing together for the second or third time it's to be expected. Looking forward to the season proper now.

Yeah agreed.
    I think the new lads have gelled pretty well but as with everything it takes time.

There's a lot of positives to be taken from the 3 games, the football and movement is good, people are demanding the ball and wanting to take responsibility and thats what will see us through the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

what i'd like is to know peoples handles, i have no clue who im talking to here lol :D

Helmi and draup are ?
    I'm Darren.

• Advertisement

Centre Back Keith here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

what i'd like is to know peoples handles, i have no clue who im talking to here lol :D

Helmi and draup are ?
    I'm Darren.

Pretty obvious who I am :)

helimachopter is Keith who played LB last night, bald fella.

draupnir is Keith who played Centre Half.

FrankGrimes is Jules.

Mgoraf is Mark, the striker

you may see a murtagh posting, that's Cathal the centre half.

Time for team beers..

Des wrote: »
    Pretty obvious who I am :)

helimachopter is Keith who played LB last night, bald fella.

draupnir is Keith who played Centre Half.

FrankGrimes is Jules.

Mgoraf is Mark, the striker

you may see a murtagh posting, that's Cathal the centre half.

You're Sean right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Draupnir wrote: »
    You're Sean right?

goddammit Keith.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks to Rocco for the game, always good competitive games and both teams benefit from them.

We'll get sharper over the coming weeks, but it was good to see improvements in sharpness and communication even from last week. There were some excellent performances from new players, and some returning players.

I really like these transitional phases we go through every few seasons and I know Des does too: we go through a period of worry that we've lost some quality players (and we did lose some strong players after the end of last season) and the future outlook is unclear; but then along comes some new talent and they show they offer something different. And as long as the new additions know they are buying into a team that puts the team above any individual success and is about encouraging each other when trying to do the right thing and only criticising when someone is doing the wrong thing, we always move onwards and upwards from there. I'd say we've rebuilt the squad 4 or 5 times over the years but yet it still feels like the same team, and that is largely due to Des keeping the ethos on how the squad treat each other and the style of football we aim to play consistent.

Exciting times and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this league with this new batch of players, giddyup lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Hi Guys,
    I was the one that went off with a hamstring injury last week, couldnt make last Tuesday but hoping to be up watching for the next 2 weeks till leg gets better.
    Team beers in a month or so sounds like a great idea.
    Derek

Advertisement