Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter 2012/12 Discussion thread

• 22-08-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

lads, new season is about 3 weeks away, fancy a friendly next week, monday or tuesday?

if ye can get a team, ill sort the pitch, ref and my lads to play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Are you guys looking for any new players?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ed, we're up for this.
    Can you sort out the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Are you guys looking for any new players?

Probably, yeh. Best to send 'Des' a PM and copy emc2 and me (in case Des has something on his plate one of us will get back to you), if you've played before it's handy to mention where, positions etc. but the idea of having friendlies will be to give new lads a run out before the squad for next season is picked so I'll hopefully see you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ed, we're up for this.
    Can you sort out the pitch?

keith ill text you later. ill try sort a pitch but its probably too late to get this sorted for monday. do u reckon u will have a team if we go tuesday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

keith ill text you later. ill try sort a pitch but its probably too late to get this sorted for monday. do u reckon u will have a team if we go tuesday?

Tuesday best I' say Ed, yep we can get a team but will need to know tonight I'd say

• Advertisement

Tuesday best I' say Ed, yep we can get a team but will need to know tonight I'd say

probably too late not keith, will we try set this up for next week instead?

probably too late not keith, will we try set this up for next week instead?

Yep thats good Ed, Say Wesley @ 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭mang0

Hey fellas, Andrew from Full Irish here.

I sent Des a PM yesterday. We've got Colmcilles booked on Tues 4th at 9pm or Tues 11th at 8pm for a friendly.

Looks like you have something for next week but would the 11th suit?

mang0 wrote: »

I sent Des a PM yesterday. We've got Colmcilles booked on Tues 4th at 9pm or Tues 11th at 8pm for a friendly.

Looks like you have something for next week but would the 11th suit?

Hey, how's the form? Nice one, I say we're good to sign-up for that game on the 11th at 20:00 in Colmcilles, should be no problem making sure we have numbers.

Ed, nice one, we should go ahead with a friendly next Tuesday if possible. I'll be away with work myself but I think we should be fine for numbers, have a few new players looking to join so should work out well. Please go ahead and book the pitch and either Des, Mick or Keith will work out the details with you.

To the new players that have PMed me - thanks for the interest and sorry for the delay. We definitely want you to come down to have a game in one of the 2 upcoming friendlies so please keep an eye out here for details, but one of us should be getting back to you on PM shortly.

• Advertisement

Hey, how's the form? Nice one, I say we're good to sign-up for that game on the 11th at 20:00 in Colmcilles, should be no problem making sure we have numbers.

Good stuff. I'll pencil you in, and I'll be in touch to firm things up.

lads, astro just emailed me to say we can have the pitch Tuesday night in Colmcilles at 9.00. are we on for that?

ill get a mail out to my lads now, we probably need to confirm this tonight.

hey andrew, can you confirm that they have not double booked us as it appears to be the slot or have you told them since you posted you dont need it?!

The email I have from Astro says:
    Hi Andrew, the 4th is available at 9pm, 7pm and 8pm are being used for cup quarter finals.
    The 11th is available at 8pm.

I then confirmed that booking with them

That's done Andrew,, you can let us know about the ref closer to the dates.

Regards,
    Astro.ie

At 13:42 03/08/2012, Andrew Mangan wrote:
    Hi guys,

cool - 4th @ 9pm, 11th @ 8pm, would be perfect.

thanks

As it is we're still looking for opposition for Tuesday if you fancy it, but do you want to double check with Astro re: your booking?

ive emailed him not to confirm whats happening.

either way lads (boards), my team is available anyway and once we sort the pitch and if you have 11, we are good to go!

lads,

this game is moved to Wesley at 8.15 on Tuesday as Astro have doubled booked the other pitch as pointed out above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

See you there. :)

Don't know who's who but thanks for the game was enjoyable.

See you next week

Darren.

Was a good game with new faces, next week will be a good test against the TFI and we'll have gelled that bit more i think

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

What Was The

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mall10357 wrote: »
    What Was The

We lost 0-1, but that's ok as we had no real GK, and six or seven new faces in our eleven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Hi lads,
    Thanks for the game last night, pity about the score but for the first match together i think we done well.
    Derek.

Hi, lads. Can you confirm you're around next Tuesday at 8pm in Colmcilles for the friendly?

Hi, lads. Can you confirm you're around next Tuesday at 8pm in Colmcilles for the friendly?

Confirmed, thanks Andy. See you then.

Nice one, Des. Cheers.

Nice one, Des. Cheers.

Thanks for the game Andy, good workout for both sides.

We took a loan of a player second half to keep it competitive.

1-2 to The Full Irish.

Cheers Des, and thanks lads for the game. Competitive and evenly matched as always.

What happened that you needed to borrow one of ours? I missed that!

Cheers Des, and thanks lads for the game. Competitive and evenly matched as always.

What happened that you needed to borrow one of ours? I missed that!

I was expecting 12, but only 11 arrived, then we got an injury about halfway through the first half.

We asked one of your lads to jump in for the second half at centre back.

I think he let you score twice :p

heh, he's a company man all right :D

Good game guys, thanks a million.

• Advertisement

Friendly arranged again Rocco V Boards Tuesday, 9pm in Comcilles.

Advertisement