Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Of Decay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

D'ya know something, it deserves it.

I played the demo today, and while yes, it does have it's bugs (I had a zombie get stuck in a fence, and if you are just slightly out of distance of the zombies, you can watch them crouch and stand repeatedly,) it has gripped me in a way games haven't in a while.

I'll be purchasing it tomorrow.

I haven't gotten far enough to discover the availability of ammunition, but hopefully they'll get the balance of having it scarse enough to make it valuable.

I reckon it could be an enjoyable coop experience. Do you stick together? Do you go in different directions? Does each player have missions available solely to them that may reward them, forcing them to consider either going it alone, bringing coop, or bringing coop and screwing them over? While zombies are a constant threat, people can either help or destroy you. Do you trust them? Do you need them?

To me, it feels like what Dead Rising should have been.

But as I said, it's still early days for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't have a xbox account,I'm actually tempted to get one just for this game,do you have to be online always to play?My xbox isn't wireless so I'd have to connect via ethnet cable.

I don't have a xbox account,I'm actually tempted to get one just for this game,do you have to be online always to play?My xbox isn't wireless so I'd have to connect via ethnet cable.

Nope, D/L and play away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Meatwad wrote: »
    could be months.apparently they have to wait to get some software to port it over to the pc and there's a fairly massive delay on it, so looks like it could be a few months before it comes to the pc.But hopefully by that time all the glitches will be ironed out.

It's much easier to take a game from the 360 to PC than PS3 anyway. I doubt this will come to the PS3 due to the change of coding required for such a small company.

It shouldn't take too long to get the PC version up and running I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's much easier to take a game from the 360 to PC than PS3 anyway. I doubt this will come to the PS3 due to the change of coding required for such a small company.

It shouldn't take too long to get the PC version up and running I'd imagine.

Or it shouldn't take EA too long to swoop in and ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Aren't Microsoft publishing this doubt it'll end up on PS3 i'm afraid.

GTR63 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm guessing this will be an Xbox exclusive, with a PC port down the line. Depending on sales, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Oh them Feral Zombies are the worst!!!!

So hard to shoot, and deadly within melee range.

The bonnet of jeep at full speed seems to be the best defence against them, or explosions. Hate them, the zombies as they are seem to be a serious threat, never mind these special types.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

GTR63 wrote: »

And MS published Mass Effect 1. Then EA swooped in and ruined the franchise and everybody got a piece of it. Anything can happen.

And MS published Mass Effect 1. Then EA swooped in and ruined the franchise and everybody got a piece of it. Anything can happen.

The MMO sequel, if there is one, could be on all platforms, who knows. I just hope EA don't swoop in, and water this down to nowt.

I like how complicated some of it is (I still don't know what some of the tabs are), and how much crap is going on that I can't get near, cause its just to dangerous to risk the journey to a location and back.

Spend a good while last night moving my base to an industrial area, away from houses, the church just wasn't safe. I have large fences now and its pretty safe. Need loads of building materials, so that's what I am mostly at now, supply runs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Great news, 250k downloads in 48 hours :eek:

I'm not surprised though, word of mouth seemed to be really strong around this game, I had friends who would only be casual players and not ones to keep up on the latest releases let alone download only ones talking about this last week before it came out.

I loved the line in the article "This train got rolling because you got out and pushed."

Hopefully they see enough return on the game to add more to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does the a.i go on supply runs with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Might give this a spin tonight.

How does the demo work, will buy saved game transfer over if I unlock the full version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Does the a.i go on supply runs with you?

From what I saw in the demo, you can either drag stuff back yourself or call another survivor to pick it up and bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    From what I saw in the demo, you can either drag stuff back yourself or call another survivor to pick it up and bring it back.
    You can get someone to come on a supply run, but sometimes they will get attacked, and in my case they picked Maya (i started again) and she got attacked and killed on the way!!!!! The only other playable character i seem to have is "mauled" and i don't know how long it's going to take to heal him, as i only just completed the Doc level.

I think i know some of the frustration Rick feels every now and again.

Bloody great game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Oh them Feral Zombies are the worst!!!!

So hard to shoot, and deadly within melee range.

The bonnet of jeep at full speed seems to be the best defence against them, or explosions. Hate them, the zombies as they are seem to be a serious threat, never mind these special types.

When do the feral zombies come into it? Im just at the church at the moment and killed my 1st infestation

When do the feral zombies come into it? Im just at the church at the moment and killed my 1st infestation

Could come into it at any time....

Feral, screamers, and the bloaters are definitely around the small town near the church.

There are 2 other types, you will encounter them later.

You can't miss a Feral anyways, it sounds more like a wild animal.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Could come into it at any time....

Feral, screamers, and the bloaters are definitely around the small town near the church.

There are 2 other types, you will encounter them later.

You can't miss a Feral anyways, it sounds more like a wild animal.

They sound like the witch in L4D

They sound like the witch in L4D

Ya, but looks like Blanka from Street Fighter and leaps around all over the place, really hard to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

A feral zombie killed Marcus in my game, I got overrun and ran out of stamina it was hilarious

• Advertisement

Came across 2 x feral's so far, one on one they are a nuisance but if you have back up its simple. Killed the big blob guy too, he takes a lot of damage before going down. Havent really left the area around the church, but planning on going south tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just downloading it now, looking forward to getting stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Any update on PC release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/09/news/greetings-pc-players-the-steam-release-date-is/

Tomorrow.
    Let me back up a little: Greetings, PC players! Our Early Access version hits Steam on Friday, September 20th.

Looks like a Beta release for PC is now available. No Keyboard or mouse support yet, but 360 controller will work.

Think I'll wait for the full version.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think for this kind of game a joypad is better than keyboard and mouse anyway. They're not adding multi-player for PC are they?

Was multi player added for Xbox? I cleared it around a month ago and havent turned on since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Worth getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was multi player added for Xbox? I cleared it around a month ago and havent turned on since

I think they pretty much admitted a few weeks after launch that it just wasn't possible to implement it with out recoding a huge chunk of the game.
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    Worth getting?

I liked/enjoyed it but haven't touched it since i completed it. It had it's problems at the time, but they have fixed and changed some things I believe.

Over all it held my attention nicely and I had less time spent and fun with some other full priced games. Would I play it again? Not unless they added new content.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/09/news/greetings-pc-players-the-steam-release-date-is/

Tomorrow.
    Let me back up a little: Greetings, PC players! Our Early Access version hits Steam on Friday, September 20th.

Looks like a Beta release for PC is now available. No Keyboard or mouse support yet, but 360 controller will work.

Think I'll wait for the full version.

Keyboard and mouse do work, they just don't have the instructions converted to refer to keys/mousebuttons, so they made a boilerplate statement claiming they aren't supported.

• Advertisement

How is it?

Advertisement