Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Of Decay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Co-op with friends is one thing!

But I was kind of hoping you wouldn't be able to trust the other players, like in The Walking Dead comics....People are more dangerous than the zombies.

That be class!

Also, I don't think Calex will be inviting me into his game now if there is co-op at some stage. I will take your sh*t and base for myself, and kill all y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Co-op with friends is one thing!

But I was kind of hoping you wouldn't be able to trust the other players, like in The Walking Dead comics....People are more dangerous than the zombies.

That be class!

Also, I don't think Calex will be inviting me into his game now if there is co-op at some stage. I will take your sh*t and base for myself, and kill all y'all.
    In fairness, there's a host of games like that already, DayZ being the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Day Z - PC, State of Decay - xbox....where is the PS3 online Zombie survivor open-world-em-up!

So anyone playing it yet?

Too nice out to playing, right!? :D

I'm stuck at work anyways, hopefully get it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Too nice out to playing, right!? :D

My mother gave me a present of black-out blinds for my room in me house due to working nights, they're up in my sitting room keeping out that evil brightness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Have been playing the last few hours.. Lovin it so far.

Frame rate is quite choppy in big/new areas but overall it's very fun.
    Although the menu for building upgrades to your base is really confusing.

Played a few hours of this last night. Its very good.

Seems like a AAA title, even though its an XBLA game.

Its kinda tough, seems to be a steep learning curve. Noise really attracts zombies, as do using cars, so guns seem like, use in an emergency only.

The menu's are definitely confusing, and will take some getting used to. The building upgrades section is hard to figure out, I tried to build more bedding areas, and it said I was short on material and just highlighted what I need to gather. What was highlighted was a symbol with a few dots, and I had no idea what that symbol was.

Not sure how leveling up the characters work, I don't know if you get skill points to apply or do you just improve skills by using skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i played the demo of this last night too, was pretty good, really enjoyed it. hopefully it will do well and the developers will keep patching it and updating it. I read somewhere that the devs are going to add multiplayer at a later stage, is this true or just wishful thinking and rumors?
    Kinda want to find out how much is it it before i buy it though. hope its not a 4-5 hr game and then over.

IGN review claimed it was about 12 hrs long, but they could do way more exploring if they wanted to.

I played for 2 hrs last night, and did practically nothing.

The dev's hope to add co-op at some stage. But any sequel will have co-op, I think that's the current stance.

• Advertisement

Played the demo and enjoyed it!

Probably end up getting it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

I'm so glad this came out, I was following it back in the day when it was called class 3 and meant to be a mmo for consoles but forgot about it until I saw it on IGN. Stated playing the demo but ended up buying it, I like it. I don't think it's anything ground breaking like they'd originally planned but it's a lot of fun :) Certainly think it was worth the points

Totally worth the 1600msp.

Can't wait to play it again later.

I need to get a better home base tho, some of them are scaling the walls and attacking people at the church, its a pain.

I think I have 4 playable characters now, the game is slightly overwhelming as there is loads to do, and its hard to know if there is time limits on certain things or not, like rescuing people.

I need more people before I can move out of that church anyways, so that's what i'll do next, try and get some more survivors.

Had 2 hordes approach the base last night while I was a good bit away from it. So now it seems you have to thin out the hordes when you see them, to prevent them becoming an even bigger threat later. Same with infestations, which I was avoiding.

One thing I've noticed which I think is deadly (I'm going to spoiler this just in case someone doesn't want to know...)
    If one of your characters dies in the game, they're gone for good and the game instantly saves so there's no going back. It's a little thing but it's made me be so careful!

I agree with Mr Freeze, the church is a bit of a b!tch to defend, one of my lads started shooting when there was 3 hoards in the area so I got overrun last night. Looking for somewhere better now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really wish I could play this game :D

Well i reckon i'm going to have to start this game again. Had Marcus and Maya, Marcus got messed up and i hadn't got a Doc yet so was using Maya, and encountered an issue with the game: Was getting more survivors, and mid sentence they disappeared and i was told they all died. Then i get attacked by a horde, and one of the bastards was some jumpy yoke to ripped Maya in half! She's dead, i'm back to using Marcus but he's falling around the place like Nico after a few beers, and has the strength of a cactus. And rescuing the Doc is a horde extermination exercise.

Damn this game is dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Well i reckon i'm going to have to start this game again. Had Marcus and Maya, Marcus got messed up and i hadn't got a Doc yet so was using Maya, and encountered an issue with the game: Was getting more survivors, and mid sentence they disappeared and i was told they all died. Then i get attacked by a horde, and one of the bastards was some jumpy yoke to ripped Maya in half! She's dead, i'm back to using Marcus but he's falling around the place like Nico after a few beers, and has the strength of a cactus. And rescuing the Doc is a horde extermination exercise.

Damn this game is dynamic.

I've lost 3 survivors to those zombies that just jump on you and rip you in half, think they're called feral zombies. Quite annoying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patch inbound next week

Haven''t had a chance to start myself yes so I'll hold off a few days yet
    NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
    -Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
    -Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
    -NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
    -The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    -The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there are fewer than three infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    -You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
    -Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
    -Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
    -NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
    -You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
    -Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
    -NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
    -Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
    -Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
    -Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
    -Fixed various translations bugs.

I'l probably restart when the patch is applied. This is a game i feel you'll need to put many, many hours into. Is there an end to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This has slipped in under my radar.

I'll check out the demo, tomorrow (well, today now, but you know what I mean) possibly. Sounds interesting.

Is it worth the 1600 MSP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Any word if this will ever be available on PC or PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think so. There is more content and actual gameplay hours in this than many games twice the price in the shops. All it's lacking is a little polish here and there but it's solid and very fun. It's a proper zombie survival game. You can drop hours and hours into this with all the management and planning.

I'd support this just to see what this team could do with a follow up project for the next gen consoles. They want to bring in co-op DLC if this sells well for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

This has slipped in under my radar.

I'll check out the demo, tomorrow (well, today now, but you know what I mean) possibly. Sounds interesting.

There's a demo available, you could give it a shot and see what you thought before buying it. But I think it's worth the points. Like others have said a bit more polish and it could be a full price game.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Tried the demo last night and it seems I found a bug or I'm doing something wrong.
    when you follow the gunshots, and discover Maya, I kill the horde of zombies attacking her and nothing happens. She just stands there...
    Any tips as to what I should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Big Knox wrote: »
    Any word if this will ever be available on PC or PS3?

It's supposed to be coming out on PC but the release date is TBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

It's supposed to be coming out on PC but the release date is TBA.

could be months.apparently they have to wait to get some software to port it over to the pc and there's a fairly massive delay on it, so looks like it could be a few months before it comes to the pc.But hopefully by that time all the glitches will be ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CatalysTftw

Epic game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

erkifino wrote: »
    Tried the demo last night and it seems I found a bug or I'm doing something wrong.
    when you follow the gunshots, and discover Maya, I kill the horde of zombies attacking her and nothing happens. She just stands there...
    Any tips as to what I should do?
    Look around, had the same problem and found a zombie stuck on a rock, killed him to progress the event. They sometimes show up on the mini-map.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Thanks Gunmonkey! Will have a scoot around.

• Advertisement

Advertisement