Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Ongar

Options
  • 19-08-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

To be honest I avoid the shop at all costs nowadays and would rather drive to the Blanchardstown Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Glad somebody brought this up.

I would be with Fletch here, avoid it totally now.

It's very poorly run and managed and shocking to see stock at such low levels.

Staff are disgraceful tbh, from a simple request on a product to the tills, the customer service is non existent and most of the check out workers prefer having a chat amongst themselves as opposed to making sure they are scanning things properly.

Easily the worst Dunnes I have ever been in

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Totally agree with the above, i have never been in a supermarket like it for the staff on the tills to be chatting across to one another while i wait :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

It is like the place head office forgot tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'd say the manager of that store will be out of a job soon enough. The thing to do is to get in touch with Dunnes and make a complaint about their Ongar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Twice During the summer i went in to get BBQ trays.......Did they have any,..... NO not bloody One...

The counter staff actually talk to each other than would say hi to the customer.
    And the amount of staff aimlessly walking about, sometimes i think there is more staff than customers. And the ques at the tills for feck sake. At least Aldi and Lidl are near by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Totally agree this shop is just awful. Its a shame because of it so local. I don't know why they don't close half the tills and use the space to stock the shop better , they don't open anymore then 3 tills at a time anyway. As for the staff if u ask them something about a product its as if ur disturbing them...from what I dunno. I'll only go there if stuck for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Agreed.

I defended it at some point last year when they had a bit of a revamp and the place looked a lot smarter and I held out hope for an increase in standards but never happened.

As has been said the ordering and mid day restocking is a joke. Its actually got too many customers for a place of its size as its no more than a glorified corner shop. You will get your dinner in it, but it wont be the dinner you had in mind. If the Manager is the lad I think it is then hes a tin-roofer and Im surprised Dunnes HQ havent gotten in there to see whats happening. Maybe someone with pleasant hand-writing might alert them;)

I now enjoy my 20 mins spin on the sweeping back roads across to Tesco Maynooth which has anything you could ever need, and I can fill up with their cheap(ish) diesel while im there to make the drive pay for itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny, I was just in there last night and noticed the empty shelves even more so - particularly the meat counters - I know that fresh meat is more perishable and that you may not always have the full choice at the end of the shopping day but the only fresh chicken available was gougons! Also, their low fat Dunnes milk is not there more often than not - don't get me started on their fruit and veg with all the empty trays. I know I should head to Tesco in Roselawn but you do be lazy after a long day's work. Dunnes in Blanch is such an ordeal as it takes 10 minutes alone to park on a busy day and walk the distance into the store.

I think I need to start heading over to Aldi/Lidl in Clonee more often - I hear their fresh meat and fruit/veg choice and taste has improved a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ongarfan

i think your a sap

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ongarfan

it not the staffs fault in ongar its the mangers the staff can only do what they are told yes ther is one manger in there that loves her self all the saff always look after me every time i go in there always help pack your bag if you need more help they get it for youthe girls on the till only chat if its not busy they wouldnt have time to when its busy they have to call for a key if they need a void sometimes you have to wait a bit for a void but again thats not the staffs fault cause there also on a till the likes of you make me sick all the moaning you do and still go back into the shop why dont you stay away the proof in your name captain morgan is that the only place you can get a drink:D:D:Di do my shopping there once or twice a week its a good to see a shop so busy cause it means people are happy to shop there SO YOU SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE:mad::mad:you must be billy no mates cause i dont no about you I TALK TO THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH dont you you are so sad :D:D:D:D all you want to do is to get the hard working people into trouble and by god they work hard thats all i have to say to you .you make me so mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

:cool: Well hi there ! See you just joined boards recently "Ongarfan". Dont get so upset over this minor issue...
    Anyone would think you had a vested interest in Dunnes Ongar the way your flying off the handle there :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ongarfan wrote: »
    i think your a sap

Well I think you're banned from this forum for a week.

And when your ban expires for God's sake use some punctuation and paragraphs if you post here again because I'll just be deleting any gibberish like your second post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Its getting worse in Blanch. Checkout staff yapping too much amongst one of my gripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

I'm a regular user of the Dunnes in Ongar

I've always found the staff pleasant enough - never had a gripe there - I do have to ask them OFTEN to get stuff from a high up shelf (I'm a shortie) - for some reason, the food I like is always on the top bloody shelf (and incase you missed it, that was a gripe...)

Its also the only place in the village that has an ATM machine which I suspects lures people in - it lures me in anyways....

I work in the city centre and now go to Tescos in Cabra - its massive and has everything ye need

Changes are needed - the fact that they have so many tills - and at most, you would only see a few open when the place is packed out tells a lot.

I tend to avoid Dunnes during the busy times - esp just as the kids get out of school.................. worse time of the day in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Polar101

I tend to avoid Dunnes during the busy times - esp just as the kids get out of school.................. worse time of the day in Dunnes.

The thing is, no matter what time of the day you go there (even if you go there at half 9 in the evening), there's always a queue. And not because there are so many customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I was there yesterday afternoon all appeared fine, a lot of till open, stocked shelfs and managers looking busy. maybe that saw this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

oblivious wrote: »
    I was there yesterday afternoon all appeared fine, a lot of till open, stocked shelfs and managers looking busy. maybe that saw this thread

Theres every chance Dunnes have read this. Any PR Comms unit worth its salt would find the comments about Dunnes online and report them . It was shortly after the last times Dunnes Ongar got a good roasting on here that it got a mini revamp and things improved for a while

that is so funny! I was in there yesterday and saw about 5 of the trolley checkouts occupied with staff for the first time since Christmas (and it wasn't even that busy). I wondered too if someone had ready this thread!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You can be sure that threads like this do get picked up on by companies like Dunnes, which is as good a time as any to remind everyone that what you write on here is in the public domain, so be sure you can stand over any claims you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ongarboy wrote: »
    that is so funny! I was in there yesterday and saw about 5 of the trolley checkouts occupied with staff for the first time since Christmas (and it wasn't even that busy). I wondered too if someone had ready this thread!!

Went in on Saturday and saw there was 5 on the tills so made me laugh but I then decided to pick things up. In the past if I saw 2 poeple and the huge queues I would have walked back out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74699666

Join the club mate, but I nearly got banned for saying it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It wasn't what you said, it was how you said it that nearly got you banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

The customers in Dunnes are starting to rob each others umbrellas while queueing up at the check outs in Dunnes grocery in the centre :eek:

Meanwhile the supervisors continue to circle around the information desk in a vaguely confused state in an anti clockwise direction. That place just gets more surreal every day. :eek:

Some dodgy characters floating around doing their shopping there lately too, they seem to multiplying like flies in recent times. Watch your pockets and indeed your umbrellas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Robbing umbrellas :confused: from your hand :confused:

What are you spouting on about man?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

alwyas the same stuff in ongar dunnes

they never have what your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

alwyas the same stuff in ongar dunnes

they never have what your looking for

If they always have the same stuff, surly you know they wont have what you want :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

^ good point :) haha

yeah no doubt....but if your looking for something particular they never have it...that may be just my luck :(

there is always that guy patrolling the alcohol section, captain coors light

• Advertisement

I've asked the floor staff for the odd thing in the past that wasn't visible or available and in fairness, they did explain that due to the size of the Ongar store, they simply do not have the space to carry as extensive a range as say the Blanch store which makes sense.

That is why the odd time I'll make the trip down to Blanch for items not available locally (eg one litre of Listerene mouthwash for example will cost only slightly more than what half a litre does in Ongar yet Ongar does not stock the larger size). It really is just a neighbourhood supermarket (like Eurospar) so I guess I've learned to revise my expectations accordingly.

Advertisement