Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budgeting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Oh, meet friends for coffee rather than lunch. This save quite a lot!

mood wrote: »
    I started a thread looking for HEALTHY, CHEAP recipes suggestions. Hopefully there will be some good suggestions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740559

My thread has been closed because there are a few already. However, I think they are pretty crap that is why I started a new one! Oh well, at least I tried :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I started a thread looking for HEALTHY, CHEAP recipes suggestions. Hopefully there will be some good suggestions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740559

My thread has been closed because there are a few already. However, I think they are pretty crap that is why I started a new one! Oh well, at least I tried :rolleyes:
    If you have an issue with the moderation of another forum then I suggest you contact the mod in question to discuss your concerns.

Maple

Are there any price comparison website or apps for groceries?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Are there any price comparison website or apps for groceries?

The only one I know of is Smart Shopper but I think you need to pay a subscription to access it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Excellent thread - I'm addicted to blogs about budgeting and I've built up a few savings over the past year by taking e150 out of my account once a week and making it last until my next 'payday'.
    Always thought boards.ie should have a forum dedicated to Irish frugal living.
    As much as I *love* blogs such as Mr Money Mustache, Early Retirement Extreme, etc, they focus on US issues. So MMM recommends driving cars into the ground rather than ponying up for a 2yo car every 4 years, say. But does that policy make sense here in Ireland where we have the NCT?
    Oh, dear - sorry for the long rant. Imma take it to the Suggestions Page...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

The following is taken from a sample budget suggested to a friend who was taking early retirement and was done on a spreadsheet. It may be of help.

Income:
    Net Pension
    Investments
    Extra Work
    Other

Total Income
    Expenditure:
    Household
    Mortgage
    Life/Mortgage Cover
    Car Leases
    Car Insurance