Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band for July 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sessionhead

we are a four piece band called MABO, we play a wide variety of songs, we are perfect for parties etc, have lots of experience!!!! my email address is harrisnev@gmail.com.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 duckNcover

check out the pearls band, www.thepearlsband.ie we have mp3's and setlists available on the website. Hope you find what your looking for. Happy hunting....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 planandattack

cordragza wrote: »
    The punter sets the price at the end of the day, and doesn't need to be given abuse for wanting to save a few bob.

I Agree. Some folks opinions seem conflicted, as am I.

Whether the art is created through honest experiment or for any commercial reason, is it not how it's presented? If it's product, it's your own venture into the world of business that you must navigate. Through live performance their literally paying for your time+ your setup, which is fair enough. You dictate the price.

People appear to have real love for their eventual product but once its pressed that's exactly what it is. It's your product. It's not even the song on the CD. It's just one refined/overdubbed version of that song. Once you enter into all merchandise/online apsects that's all they really are, promotional tools to tell people, 'come to me. come feel me play with me and it will be tenfold'.

Whether the peice is a static fossil in a museum or it involves spontaneuous dance. It's being put on display, its performing. Only through performing can you really show your audience your growth and bring them along with you. I think only through performing can you honestly charge someone for the invasion of YOUR privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ger09

Pm Sent there ,good band at a good rate:)

Advertisement