Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Yeah I think I might put my head in the sand until after the draft - even the Zach Wilson to LV rumors are floating now he's looking to be traded. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Oh Dear Lord, no. And to those who are going mad for us to "sell the farm" to draft one of the top 3 QB's, the draft is not necessarily the best place to find your Franchise QB. That guy went no.2 overall. I'm really nervous about us making a huge swing in the draft and sending future No.1 draft picks in multiple seasons for 1 guy.

This would be the year to try to draft up based on the QB talent available but I just don't think we are a team that is a QB away from competing and we don't have a lot of high value players we can afford to lose in trade (holding onto Crosby and Adams I think is key for any kind of success next year) We need reinforcements at TE , RB and O line as well - . If we can get solid play from O'Connell and get some quality on o-line - especially in the interior and Right Tackle I think we can make some progress.

I agree - our roster has serious amounts of holes in it and we need draft capital to try and shore it up. I agree with you about the O-Line, funny I dont feel as concerned about RB, I think JJ will resign with us and if not, Zamir White has the potential to be a productive back for next season whilst we address other areas.

I think due to the Jamarcus Russell fiasco a few years ago, I am invariably nervous about swinging for the Franchise QB of the next decade for us. The amount of surefire QB picks that went awry are too numerous to mention. Not just for us but a lot of teams in general. If I was honest, and Russell Wilson was available on a Veteran Minumum contract, I'd prefer that option over trading to get into the top 3 picks. Too many teams are needy at QB and the teams holding those picks know it. Atlanta, Minnesota, Tennessee, NY Giants and Denver are all ahead of us with the same needs. I dont want to see us get into a bidding war to land one of those top 3 picks.

Yes you are right on RB - Zamir White did look good at the end of the season - even if Jacobs doesn't resign RBs can be found in the later rounds. I wouldn't be sold on Russ - I think its more likely no-one signs him when he is released and he will catch on with someone mid season when a starter goes down.

• Advertisement

So we've signed Alexander Mattison. Now that was a surprise. He couldnt handle the load at the Vikings as the lead back (or maybe the scheme didnt suit him) but as a change of pace back he was really productive. I'm happy with those 2 in the lineup. Then draft a RB and Abdullah will round out the RB room.

As for QB, its a real head scratcher. I couldnt believe Fields went for a 5th or 6th round pick. I'm still not in favour of reaching in the draft, and I'm beginning to think that Telesco is going to wait until 13 and not look to move up. What that brings is anyone's guess. I even saw a tweet from a Raiders fan discussing the benefits of trading for Dak Prescott. Sky's the limit boys!!!! 😎

Please no not Dak - he would be a big upgrade no doubt but the contract would leave us cash strapped to improve anywhere else - I dont think he is the missing piece for this team - we have too many other gaps to fill.

We are not in a good draft spot to get a QB and I agree I don't think Telesco will trade up for a QB. that will probably leave us reaching for a QB and that doesn't usually end well...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

I don't see Telesco being able to move up to get the fourth best QB, there are too many needy teams ahead of us. The only real chance of moving up is if the Patriots decide not to take a QB and move down but there would be a stiff price to pay for that pick. I also don't think Telesco will reach for a QB at 13, none of the other QBs are first round material so I think the Raiders will go either for a Tackle or a CB at that pick and see if one of Penix or Nix drops down far enough in the second round. Strengthening the OL around either Minshew or O'Connell should be the priority this season.

There appears to be a view forming that the Raiders are looking at OL or CB at 13 and then potentially trading back into the 1st round to get Penix. More importantly it seems that most analysts are agreeing with you InsideEdge! Not seeing many analysts predicting a Raiders trade into the top 4 now.

Advertisement