Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that "Annoy" you about Airsoft

• 15-08-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

I mean this in a light hearted way but what things about airsoft annoy you??

For me what drives me mad is no sooner that I have bought an aeg, pistol or item of clothing and all the accessories to go with it I am already looking into my next purchase. This really is down to me at the end of the day on what I buy or dont but the airsoft drug has firmly taken hold and I'm always looking for a new fix.

So I ask again what annoys you about our beloved debt inducing hobby?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Gatling wrote: »
    This is also true he also snapped up a tm Deagle for next to nothing last time he was around

Sounds like smart business to me =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I absolutely regret selling that DE chrome but rent was due so it had to go :( but Airsofteire has a few in stock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jsmurff wrote: »
    I absolutely regret selling that DE chrome but rent was due so it had to go :( but Airsofteire has a few in stock :D

Bloodyhumbug

Bloodyhumbug

Your just saying that cos I didn't sell it to you :P

Your just saying that cos I didn't sell it to you :P

Absolutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Absolutely

^^^Things that "Annoy" Gatling.

Idiots who spend stupid money and expect 90% of it back in adverts because it's "like new"

YOU TOOK IT OUT THE BOX ITS SECOND HAND SOD OFF WITH YOUR RETAIL PRICING!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

^^^Things that "Annoy" Gatling.

I know a few ways to do that mwhahaha, just dont play battlefield 3 on caspian boarder with him lmao.

andy_g wrote: »
    I know a few ways to do that mwhahaha, just dont play battlefield 3 on caspian boarder with him lmao.

Xbox forum ===============>

Did you just correct a mod :eek:

• Advertisement

Do ya know what i really hate about airsoft? all the back seat modding :eek:

andy_g wrote: »
    Do ya know what i really hate about airsoft? all the back seat modding :eek:

Actually that's more general forum thing isn't it

EDIT: **** now Iam doing it :rolleyes:

What really annoys me is backseat modding backseat modding!

Ok, I'll stop xD

But yeah, shops that do dodgy repairs. Effectively breaking the gun for a short term solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Disclosure: I work at Sim-Tac. I've been playing and marshaling for nearly 6 years. I don't expect miracles, I do expect everyone to do their best.
    Mark#1 wrote: »
    My son has started using a video camera on game days, and he was showing me a "scene" from a recent day out where he used a bang kill at close quarters - said "BANG KILL!" plenty loud, followed by another loud "BANG!!" when the target didn't call it. The target just fired back at him with his rifle, and my son had to take the hit. I asked my lad if the other player was a newbie (and so mightn't be aware of bang kills), but he said he wasn't. Poor show.

Tell your son:
    1) Well Played;
    2) Make sure to say "Bang" nice and loud - some of us old duffers may not hear a light, quiet voice if there's other stuff going on; helmets can close off a lot of sound;
    3) On most sites Bang Kills are a courtesy: for example our policy* is that we don't require players to take it, but we do expect them to (unless someone tries to do something silly like bang killing a room full of people); it saves you from being shot at close range, so do the decent thing;
    4) Next time, shoot the other guy in the legs after the first call; giving him a second opportunity to ignore you is a bit too courteous;
    5) Next time someone shoots you anyway, take the hit, put your hand up and then stand your ground and call a marshal; at the next break that player should receive a full and frank appraisal of their lack of sportsmanship;
    6) Unfortunately the world contains selfish people - even in airsoft (who'd have thought?) learning to deal with assholes is an essential part of growing up.
    Also, regarding the pretending-to-have-been-hit-and-heading-back-to-respawn-but-sneakily-taking-other-players-out move - is that allowed? I'd hope not. Too sneaky.
    Depends whether the player has his hand up or not. Report it, we'll deal with it.
    Isn't there kind of a risk here if that is the case that a clever sicko could just take up airsoft and target the younger kids? The site operators can hardly watch every corner of every site.
    Not really, not any more. These days, thanks to many brave people who have spoken out in recent years, both the kids and the adults in all sporting activities are much better at looking out for each other and reporting issues that might arise. I have no doubt that anything reported along those lines will get a robust response, many sites have ex-military people around. We can't guarantee that your child will not overhear some strong language, but most adults on airsoft sites treat kids as if they were their own or their neighbour's. We're actually far more worried about kids getting knocks or sprained ankles - the rest of the gear protects everything else. Everyone has at least some idea of Child Protection issues and how to manage them, and if they don't they'll know someone who does. And it works both ways.

One problem which sites do have sometimes is parents dropping off kids and not providing phone numbers to be contacted at, or returning to pick up Little Darling in a timely fashion when asked to. There's a reason sites ask for contact numbers on waivers and membership forms. Little Johnny should have Daddy and Mammy's phone numbers with them anyway - and on a card we can look for if necessary, not in a locked phone or in the child's head.

Oh, and bring some girls along with the boys next time.

* A few sites have a No Bang rule. Pay attention during the safety brief.

I don't think I've been to a site yet that hasn't said "bang rule is a curtousy but if you have any sense you'll take it, cos if you don't, that player has every right to pull the trigger. Don't complain to us because you took a risk and lost"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I don't think I've been to a site yet that hasn't said "bang rule is a curtousy but if you have any sense you'll take it, cos if you don't, that player has every right to pull the trigger. Don't complain to us because you took a risk and lost"

Might seem a bit harsh but i only offer bang kills to rental players and players i sneak up behind that i know, the rest of the time I don't offer them.
    A rental player is usually too startled to not accept it and the people i know will always have that little bit of hatred when someone they know sneaks up on them, but I've had it happen too many times where i say bang and the guy turns around and shoots me anyway. Started to just shoot them if they even turn around. If you're hit, walk away, you don't need to see who I am - just walk away.

Well in circumstances of friendly fire, knowing who got you from behind is sort of important. I know most places I go to have a rule where if you friendly fire, you're both out.

I don't mind people looking around if I get them from behind. It's just seeing if it's a teammate or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

A lot of the bang kill disagreements could be solved by changing it to a call for surrender.

Evade wrote: »
    A lot of the bang kill disagreements could be solved by changing it to a call for surrender.

True, but it still requires a check to see if the person is a teammate or not. Also the person may turn around purely because that's the way back to spawn.

It's going to cause problems no matter what, really. I just don't see the need to punish someone for checking to see if the person from behind them, where their team should be, is actually a teammate or not. Aggression for checking that is unwarranted in my opinion.

If I shoot someone up close it's semi if they decide to ignore me they get the full blast if they are a new player I'll say bang if they decide to ignore it and shoot me I'll take the hit without argument and then spend the rest if the game targetting them with a vengeance :) because I'am an a$$hole

• Advertisement

One of the best bang kills i had was in predator on the jolly boys tour, was stacking up on a building guy had taken half the team out. I knelt down waiting for him and i popped round the corner he was an inch from my barrel and i called bang he took it very honorably.

I normally only use it on new players also just to be fair.

another adverts related peeve... people who ask "reason for selling?" they might aswell say "tell me something that I can use to haggle the price way down from what you think your going to get"

A peeve that I only gained recently:

Advertise something at X price too someone. They agree. Go to PMs. They change it it X-20 or something. If you agree to go to PMs with someone at the advertised price, that's the price you agree to. You can't suddenly change it once you are in the PM stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Then there are the gobsh1tes who agree a deal exchange name and address and you never hear from them again, most wont even answer a PM and man up to say sorry that they have changed their mind or whatever

Now dont be shy you know who YOU are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Or what happened to me recently, selling parts clearly described as being one system, someone buys them without having a clue at what they are buying and then wanting to return them "coz they don't fit my gun" using a different system....
    Bloody amateur wanna be "techs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

My post is the 509th...... I wonder how many posts there would be if the thread was titled "things you love about airsoft"
    Seems like there is a LOT of annoyance in the sport!!!
    Anyway, I get annoyed with cheaters! Not calling shots etc. Just my 0.02c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

The biggest annoyance of all that is caused by airsoft :o

MnCOzgE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

Hahahahaha! Especially if your fond of high end stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Gets email from UKtactical, 10% off on all items. Happy days.

Buys a fudge load of Warrior goodies.....

Gets email from UKtactical, 20% off all warrior stock, mutha fuccccccka!!!

If I only waited!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Gets email from UKtactical, 10% off on all items. Happy days.

Buys a fudge load of Warrior goodies.....

Gets email from UKtactical, 20% off all warrior stock, mutha fuccccccka!!!

If I only waited!!!!!!!!

Been getting them for the last week or so holiday and the Ai500 means me no buy anything

Advertisement