Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An audience with Mike Tyson at Thomond Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

will he turn up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Any risk that he won't be let into the country?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I posted on the events facebook page the other night asking if he would be there, my post was deleted and i was banned from the page.

Amd its cash only at the door

• Site Banned Posts: 40 soprano123

Doors open @ 6.30 for meet and greet ,Show starts at 8 pm with Darragh Moloney interviewing Spike ,Alan Donnelan,Jim Rock,Deirdre Gogarty ,Big Joe Egan, Mike Tyson on stage , No cash on the door as its already sold out ,Memorbillia shop will be cash only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

So did anyone get to this event???

What was it like? did you get to meet and greet Tyson?

Would have loved to have got to it myself! is there anymore Irish dates planned anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It's tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

63095_312978078810357_887495282_n.jpg

Very long wait for Mike to come on but he gave a great interview.

Really enjoyed this, although some of the organization was a bit shambolic.

Thought the talks were good as well and built up to the main interview quite well.

Mike was great, and he was very complimentary towards my wu-tang t-shirt as well, as were his entourage, made my night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went myself. Meet and greet was as quick as i expected. Que was 1 hour 10 mins for me from walking in the door to meeting him. Collected photo after and is a good size.

Auction took a bit of time but was entertaining. lots of people giving out about it, but once i met the man, i wasnt too bothered about anything else. ALso - i was having a few beers in the q so was happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Tyson was great and I was delighted to meet him. The auction was some pain in the arse though, wouldn't mind if it was for charity but some Del Boy type geezer trying to line his pockets for the bones of two hours as we waited for the main man was beyond taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

Long ques alright to see him but I didn't mind that was expecting that. Didn't know that I wouldnt be allowed take any photos with him and if I did want a photo it'd cost me €20 extra! Loads of people had gloves and memorabilia for him to sign and were only told on the way in that he wouldn't be signing nothing either.

Magic act was rubbish, auction was went on too long and the prices some guys paid for stuff made my eyes water but when mike came out he was great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

it was a fucking farce.

we waited two hours for tyson to come out and then he only spent 30 mins on stage.

it was the biggest ''snatch and grab'' i have ever witnessed.

the auction was an absolute disgrace, people have more money than sense. I can only assume they were all drug dealers (excluding jim roth and the munster team)

3900 jim roth paid for a wbc title

2500 some lad paid for a signed tyson photo to be presented to him by tyson

1500 a traveller paid for his son to be presented with a mike tyson signed photo (paid for in Cash mind you!!!!!!)

i'd hazard a guess half the stuff was forged as well. milking the titties out of poor joe frazier, disgraceful.

another rip off for fans ireland and boxing,good on Katie for not going to it which she said she would'nt long ago

it was a fucking farce.

we waited two hours for tyson to come out and then he only spent 30 mins on stage.

it was the biggest ''snatch and grab'' i have ever witnessed.

the auction was an absolute disgrace, people have more money than sense. I can only assume they were all drug dealers (excluding jim roth and the munster team)

3900 jim roth paid for a wbc title

2500 some lad paid for a signed tyson photo to be presented to him by tyson

1500 a traveller paid for his son to be presented with a mike tyson signed photo (paid for in Cash mind you!!!!!!)

i'd hazard a guess half the stuff was forged as well. milking the titties out of poor joe frazier, disgraceful.

No idea who "Jim Roth" is, Jim Rock bought a good few items though. I had no issues with the auction either, lots of memorabilia came with a certificate of authenticity and if someone wants to part with their money for them, so be it, don't agree with it being a criticism of the actual event!

Pretty sure Mike was on stage for longer than 30 minutes as well, and I thought he spoke for a good chunk of time, and covered everything he need to talk about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

nope I timed it cause I was so annoyed, he came on stage after ten o clock and was finished by 10.35.

nope I timed it cause I was so annoyed, he came on stage after ten o clock and was finished by 10.35. maybe all the alcohol you consumed has clouded your memory of the event.

Didn't drink a drop, hence why I enjoyed the event.

Not quite sure what you were expecting or if you just had unrealistic expectations.

Like I said, I felt he talked for a perfect amount of time and the right amount of questions were asked, and that the talks and activities were good, nice to hear from the likes of Joe Egan, Jim Rock and Spike O Sullivan, they were all very approachable at the event as well and great with the fans.

As much as people were there to see Tyson, there were plenty of other characters there as well to see and talk to.

no point arguing with a troll.

I don't think you, me or anyone else paid 75 quid to meet spike sullivan, jim roth, darragh moloney and a bunch of other nobodies.

A troll?

I think that label might be applied to you.

The 75 covered a lot more than meeting Tyson, it was advertised and the event itself was updated as it went with guests that would attend and speak. I would be a bit pissed paying 75 just to meet Tyson alone, it was an added bonus that Big Joe Egan, Jim Rock and a current WBO International Champion who happens to be Irish was there!

I think its pretty clear that you are just a Tyson fan and not a boxing fan, and have no respect or appreciation to the other names that were there on the night, or to boxing in general.

nope I timed it cause I was so annoyed, he came on stage after ten o clock and was finished by 10.35. maybe all the alcohol you consumed has clouded your memory of the event.

You need a new watch then because he spoke for 43 mins. I know because I was dying for a piss!

Great event, even enjoyed the auction once it got going. Magician was terrible, but it wasn't his audience to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

It wasn't €75 to meet tyson it was €95 because everybody had to get a photo!

What I wanna know is if you paid for a meet and greet ticket but then didn't bother paying the extra to get the photo did you get time to talk to tyson then or would you just shook his hand and told to move out of the way as quick as you can for other people?

• Advertisement

Barlivia wrote: »
    It wasn't €75 to meet tyson it was €95 because everybody had to get a photo!

What I wanna know is if you paid for a meet and greet ticket but then didn't bother paying the extra to get the photo did you get time to talk to tyson then or would you just shook his hand and told to move out of the way as quick as you can for other people?

I saw lots of people who didn't buy the photo option. Two lads ahead of me decided that even though they'd paid 75 for a ticket, drove from wherever and Q for over and hour - they wouldn't pay the extra 20 euro!! They had the same time with Mike as everyone else.

Same crowd are bringing Joe Calzage over to Dublin and cork in December no other details yet.
    Don't know if I'll be running to see Joe - he is an unbeaten champ but not a legend IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Same crowd are bringing Joe Calzage over to Dublin and cork in December no other details yet.
    Don't know if I'll be running to see Joe - he is an unbeaten champ but not a legend IMO

I wouldn't be running out to buy tickets to see joe myself.

Advertisement