Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE IRISH DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

joecoyne wrote: »
    Ladbrokes Irish Darts Championship Update

I just had a very good meeting with the TV produce and once there,s 1 or 2 small issues sorted out then it,s all systems go for the finals of The Ladbrokes Irish Darts Championship to be shown on the TV , more good news for the Championship

Will it be shown live on an Irish station?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭joecoyne

No it will be recorded and shown over 6 weeks with repeats of each program shown on a different day , this is what happened the last times it was on TV ,so hopefully it will be the same this time

Only 2 weeks to go to round 3 get your entries in as soon as possible this round is going to be big as the venue is very central to all players ,looking forward to seeing ye all there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 uncle homer

Only 2 weeks to go to round 3 get your entries in as soon as possible this round is going to be big as the venue is very central to all players ,looking forward to seeing ye all there

:rolleyes:

Only 1 week to go till the closing date for round 3 in The Johnstown House Hotel in Enfield (15 mins off the M50) post your entries in early next week or see your local rep ,
    There will be a singles competition in The Bridge House Enfield on Saturday night for any of the early birds, Will Pender is running this event , names taken up to 8 - 30 for 9 o,clock start, €10 per person and the competition will be run on a round robin basis hope to see ye all there , Joe

• Advertisement

Ladbrokes Irish Darts Championship Results

Men Quarter Finals
    Kieran Kehoe 5 3 Stephen Byrne
    Martin Murphy 5 2 Jacko Barry
    Marty Moreland 5 4 Joe Byrne
    Darren Clifford 5 4 Aiden Mc Cabe
    Semi Finals
    Martin Murphy 6 3 Kieran Kehoe
    Marty Moreland 6 4 Darren Clifford
    Final
    Martin Murphy 6 5 Marty Moreland

Youths Quarter Finals
    Dean Finn 3 0 David Farrell
    Liam Gallagher 3 1 Killian Heffernan
    Dylan Sinclair 3 2 Robyn Byrne
    Robert Connelly 3 0 John Seagrave
    Semi Finals
    Dean Finn 3 1 Liam Gallagher
    Dylan Sinclair 3 0 Robert Connelly
    Final
    Dean Finn 3 0 Dylan Sinclair

Ladies Quarter Finals
    Theresa Maher 3 0 Amy Redmond
    Gemma Kearon 3 0 Miriam Cleary
    Sharon O Brien 3 1 Susan Mc Kenna
    Dagmara Malczewska 3 1 Liz Murphy
    Semi Finals
    Theresa Maher 3 0 Gemma Kearon
    Sharon O Brien 3 2 Dagmara Malczewska
    Final
    Sharon O Brien 4 1 Theresa Maher

Ladbrokes Irish Darts Championship Rankings

The latest rankings are up on the web site
    www.irishdartschampionship.com

Due to unforeseen circumstances the date for Round 5 has been changed from Sunday March 10 th to the weekend before, Sunday March the 3rd . The Tipperary open is also changed to Saturday March 2 nd . Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change of date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

What's the chances of getting a few tournaments a bit further up the country Joe? Would love to get playing in a few tournaments, can't get near any tournaments though because of living in Donegal. Can't get near the county team because they have their favourites, can't get near any tournaments because they're too far away, but I want to be playing more often. What about some sort of hotel deals or something for players travelling? I will be hopefully going to Limerick in January, but travel expenses are a problem, is there any sort of hotel deals going?

I hope to move further up the Country ( ie Galway ) next year, the problem is taking a chance that the locals support the event as you need the locals to turn up to play ,this did not happen at the last event in Enfield which I thought they would so I,m looking at venues nearer the middle of the Country for next year

That's good news, glad to hear. Have you any entry forms for Limerick you could post up to me?

You can enter on the day up till 11.30 there is a change in the rules . no names will be taken over the phone or after the 11.30 dead line

Nice one. That suits me grand. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Due to unforeseen circumstances the date for Round 5 has been changed from Sunday March 10 th to the weekend before, Sunday March the 3rd . The Tipperary open is also changed to Saturday March 2 nd . Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change of date

You do realize this event clashes with an event that has €6, 000 prizemoney?

This isnt good for darts or dart players long term.

What's the event with 6k prizemoney?

nigeldinho wrote: »
    What's the event with 6k prizemoney?

Silver springs darts weekend. Cork.

Jesus, if it's not Tipp, it's Cork!

Jesus, if it's not Tipp, it's Cork!

They cant be all played in your kitchen.

• Advertisement

Dicie wrote: »
    They cant be all played in your kitchen.

If only I had a dartboard in my kitchen now I'd be fighting long and hard to get a few tournaments in there.

If you hadn't copped on, it was a fairly tongue in cheek comment.

You'd feel similar despair if you had to travel from one end of the country to the other for each event.

If only I had a dartboard in my kitchen now I'd be fighting long and hard to get a few tournaments in there.

If you hadn't copped on, it was a fairly tongue in cheek comment.

You'd feel similar despair if you had to travel from one end of the country to the other for each event.

I done it for long enough.

if you cant go you cant go, but people cant just run events in your town cause its close to you.

I never said they could, and I don't mind the travelling. It's just added expenses if you don't get far in the tournament is all.

A bad day can cost you €100+

I never said they could, and I don't mind the travelling. It's just added expenses if you don't get far in the tournament is all.

A bad day can cost you €100+

Days at the darts are never bad days!!!;)

Days at the darts are never bad days!!!;)

Hah, that's true, but we've all had our days where you want to throw the darts in the next river you pass!

Hah, that's true, but we've all had our days where you want to throw the darts in the next river you pass!

Iv often played that badly i would have missed the river.

Iv often played that badly i would have missed the river.

As I've often said, "Couldn't hit the field the bull was in".

After further discussions with the Hotel they have sorted out the double booking they had, so now we are back to the original dates of Saturday 9th of March for the Tipperary Open and Sunday the 10th for round 5 of the championship ,sorry for the confusion this has caused all the players
    Joe

May peace, happiness and goodwill be with you your family and friends not only at Christmas, but through out the year and beyond. Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me to ye all
    Joe

• Advertisement

RULE CHANGE

Due to the current state of the economy, Men,s entries will now be taken up to 11.30 am on the day of the event at the venue, Ladies and Youths are the same as normal they can enter up till 12.30, no entries will be taken over the phone, the 11.30 time will be strictly adhered to as the draw will take place at 11.35 , postal entries can still be sent in the normal way if players wish to do so. Looking forward to seeing ye all at The Ballykisteen Hotel Limerick Junction on the 27th of the month

Advertisement