Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibrahimovic bet

Options
  • 12-08-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

So a bit of a weird one this.

I put a big bet (900 euro) on ibrahimovic to be top goalscorer in the french league after someone on here mentioning he was 5/1 with boyles. I thought that was unreal value and got a bit carried away and put on more than i could afford.

After scoring twice in 2 friendly games including a penalty, his odds went to 3/1 best odds and 5/2 in most online bookies.

Last night he scored twice on his debut including a penalty which probably means he will be taking the penalties for psg this season which will be a big bonus to the chances of the bet coming in.

He is now best odds of 6/4 with bookies. Even at these odds I think is a good bet. I think it's more likely than not that he will get it, the main thing that is the threat to it is injury.

I could really do with that money i put on now, is there any way i could ask boyles what they would offer me for the bet now, or does that kind of thing not happen? would they give me very bad value if they did?
    At 6/4 the current best odd my bet would be worth over 2150 now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

I don't think you can put a bet on yourself to be top scorer so it may be voided!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If it were a small time operation and you could talk to the "head" man I'd imagine he'd be willing to scrap the slip and offer you something ala the banker in Deal or No Deal but I dunno about your chances dealing with a Boyles shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The only thing I think Boyles would do is offer you 1/2 for him NOT to be the Top Goalscorer, it guarantees a return for you, and lowers their potential loss as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix your issue of needing the money now though.

Just ask the person at the counter to get in touch with the traders. They *may* be willing to buy some of the bet off you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

OP why in the hell did you not do this bet with Betfair or Betdaq???

not sure what the odds where with betfair but you could trade out on that bet and you would know have your 900 back plus a nice bit of profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Cheers, i might as well go in and see if there is anything they can offer. I doubt they will though or itll be a real bad offer.

There wasnt a market on betfair. I done the bet literally an hr after it was confirmed he was moving in boyles, he had to ring up to get the 5/1 that some one on here tipped and i felt it was well over priced and it wouldnt last long and went a bit mad. Now im in biiiiiiig twuuble money wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

More than likely boyle's will just insist on letting the bet run its course.
    Looking a very nice bet, sickened i missed it at those odds, i would nearly buy it off you only would drive me mad having a bet that size on for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Id consider buying it. what you looking for?
    PP Only bookmakers with a price up on oddschecker @6/4 im gonna go with a more realistic price of 2/1 which makes the docket is worth 1800
    Ill offer 1200 cash

Cheers for the offer. Thats a good bit too low though, would work out at odds of 7/2 for a currently 6/4 bet. Its not THAT urgent at this very moment. I think Ill look at getting a loan though before that, i dont actually want to sell the bet ive convinced myself he has it in the bag bar injury.

And paddypower had him at best priced odds of 3/1 before the first match while 3 others had him at 5/2 and one at 9/4. So id presume if they still had their odds up (dunno why they are all down) they would be between 6/4 - 5/4.

If anyone has any other offers for the bet feel free to throw them up. Ill see how i get on with getting a loan or borrowing first though. I think ill pop into boyles too just to see what they have to say.:)

Cheers for the offer. Thats a good bit too low though, would work out at odds of 7/2 for a currently 6/4 bet. Its not THAT urgent at this very moment. I think Ill look at getting a loan though before that, i dont actually want to sell the bet ive convinced myself he has it in the bag bar injury.

And paddypower had him at best priced odds of 3/1 before the first match while 3 others had him at 5/2 and one at 9/4. So id presume if they still had their odds up (dunno why they are all down) they would be between 6/4 - 5/4.

If anyone has any other offers for the bet feel free to throw them up. Ill see how i get on with getting a loan or borrowing first though. I think ill pop into boyles too just to see what they have to say.:)

Yea go to boyles first and see what they say, not sure if they will do anything. Not really big enough I don't think.
    If there was a market on exchanges I'd say he be trading 3.0. You backed at 6.0 making it worth 1800 now.
    I punt for a living and look for value I'm not goin offer you 1800 as I don't want to back him to be topscorer at 2/1
    Best of luck and nice bet

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

A fair price would be E1,600 imo.

Assuming 2/1 can be got on the exchanges its current value is E1,862 factoring in 5% commission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭jacool

If I were you, I would accept the offer from lessthen50p.
    Don't be greedy now, and "green up" immediately.
    You won't be able to last the season like this, and if you don't take his offer you will have to last the season!
    Currently he's joint top-scorer, but I'd be cashing in if I were you.
    Lessthen50p punts for a living and would be used to this "pressure"!

Ibrahimovic is now 5/4 on bwin and Laddies and 6/4 with PP and skybet.
    I'd take the offer and wash your hands of it!

@lessthen50p - fair play for your offer!

I'm happy to get an offer alright. The situation could get desperate. The situation with needing the money is basically me not adding up how much money i owe for rent for the last 6 months right and underestimating it by a whole month. So im a whole months rent behind and the landlord is inquiring about it now, i worked out if i keep saving i can pay it back in 3 months but im not sure i can fob him off for that long.

Ive a friend who said he might be able to help me out at the end of the month, but im not sure if thatll happen. I probably should just take the money but giving 7/2 for a price thats 6/4-5/4 would be sickening, so im gonna try and hold out for as long as i can. I really think he will get it too unless he gets injured. Any of the main competitors to it have consistently got around 10-17 goals max for the past few seasons. The three top scorers from last season 2 of them have gone to arsenal and nene will be out of favour now with ibrahimovic in, he didn't play the last game. I rekon 16-18 goals could be enough 19-21 goals probably would be enough and 22+ would pretty much guarantee it. Think its likely he will get around that, especially as he is taking the penalties.

The only problems i could apart from injury are possible squad rotations, if psg do really well too and have the league sown up quickly, they may rest him for the league games to be fit for the champions league games.

Also im used to high pressure long term bets. I had around 3300 that all came from profit on ireland to win the six nations 6 months before the start in 07 i think. Wouldve got me 10k, but france score a last minute try against scotland to hand them the title, sick was not the word.

He is best odds of 5/6 to score on sunday, hope he gets another 2 :D come on mr Ibrahimovic!

btw i went into boylesports and the woman looked at me like i had 9 faces, before her boss came and said they dont offer anything like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mate, take the money!!

You make 300 euro profit after a couple of weeks investment. You don't have the interest on a loan, don't have to pay back mates, don't have to worry about it the whole season.

The bet might not come in! Cash in and you have no worries and can look for your next bet to turn a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Im surprised at the people posting here telling him to take E1,200.

I only read the football betting section but don't recall seeing ye post there.

Peer pressure coming from interesting places.

the guy offering you E50 in these cash for gold places for your wedding ring is not necessarily doing you a favour or to be congratulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Formation wrote: »
    Im surprised at the people posting here telling him to take E1,200.

I only read the football betting section but don't recall seeing ye post there.

Peer pressure coming from interesting places.

the guy offering you E50 in these cash for gold places for your wedding ring is not necessarily doing you a favour or to be congratulated.

vultures-2.jpg

Balls, he is out of tonights game with a minor foot injury

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Balls, he is out of tonights game with a minor foot injury

If yere going to be stressing about each game for the rest of the season then i would suggest ye get out of the bet!

Obviously youve staked more than you can afford, so take the offer from the generous punter on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Gonna hold out till the end of september and make a decision then, will be 9 games into the season then, that is of course if the fella is still interested in buying it off me.

He is a doubt for the next game too apparently, so yeah would be nice to not have to worry about something so silly till the end of next may, but ill hold out for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have you tried ringing or emailing Boyles? It's a waste of time going into the shop workers, they won't know what you're talking about and won't have the authority to do anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

highly likely he will win it, especially with Giroud gone. Ibra is stealing most of Nene's thunder and Hazard is gone as well. Lopez has had a slow start to the season so it looks great. super bet imo but if you need money badly consider selling it, boylesports won't give you anything.

Yeah boyles said they can't do anything for me. Its best priced evens now. Id sell it for 2300, no more no less if anyone is interested. Think that makes it just under 11/8 im offering.

Current prices are here.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/france/le-championnat/french-ligue-1/top-goalscorer

if you find someone to give you that kind of cash id be amazed. evens (2.0) is best price a bookie offering you are giving 2.34.
    Its prob a 2.15-2.25 shot in the real world, your giving a pro punter a tiny edge that he has to wait all season for, a pro punter will find 5-10 bets a week with a 4-9% edge why would he take your bet.
    you need to offer value to the costumer and big value because its such a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

What part of the country are you in?

if you find someone to give you that kind of cash id be amazed. evens (2.0) is best price a bookie offering you are giving 2.34.
    Its prob a 2.15-2.25 shot in the real world, your giving a pro punter a tiny edge that he has to wait all season for, a pro punter will find 5-10 bets a week with a 4-9% edge why would he take your bet.
    you need to offer value to the costumer and big value because its such a long wait.

I know what you mean, but the offers there if someone wants it. I'm not too fussed either way.

I done the bet in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Couple of thoughts for you.

You are getting the stake and the profit up front and don't have to wait until the end of the season - Positive

You are getting out, so it doesn't matter what happens once you get the cash, injuries, loss of form etc - Positive

You have to give a higher price than is currently available - Negative

Prices will move up and down so what you get offered now may or may not be what the bet is worth in a weeks or months time, the price will only be what someone is prepared to pay for the bet which may or may not be acceptable to you.

If you can't afford to wait until the end of the season, take the cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'd agree with what most people are saying in that, if you need the money, take what you can get now, especially if its the 2.3k you ask for, its a pretty sweet profit without the wait and risk of losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'd say the value of your docket just went up a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

I hope you are in a position to let the bet run for the season as I can't see it losing bar injury and as a previous poster mentioned you would have to give up too much value to complete the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Dont think he will be top scorer dont know where the confidence is coming from on this thread he's on 7 goals with plenty of players only a goal behind him lopez is on 3 if he scores a hattrick which he could this season it will be nearly level 5/1 was a decent price anyone buying that bet at 11/8 is a serious mug buying a bet where the player could be injured never mind lose form at that price and wait months to collect (or more than likely not imo) hope you sorted your rent out though be careful next time you get a rush of blood to the head and decide to lump on a bet were all big boys now cant go crying back to the big bad bookie looking for a refunds and bets bought back off us.

Advertisement