Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Katie Taylor beat an average man in a fight?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I've read through the thread and the people arguing she'd lose to professional male world champions - no sh!t Sherlock!

I've followed Katie's career in a passive sense over the last few years - in that I check does she win, google her every few weeks, and watch old bouts on youtube - and am delighted she is getting the recognition she deserves. For people who only seem to have gotten to know her over the last week the general consensus over the past week is that Mammies love her, women want to be her and men want to be with her.

Its a bit silly and its not a sexist comment cos I'm a female who is a strong advocate of women's sport, but why would anyone want to contemplate hitting her even in a hypothetical sense - she's just lovely :o

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

14 stone is "average" mens weight now?? Obesity epidemic indeed..

14 stone - obese?

wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

Boxing is a highly skilled regulated and refereed athletic sport, and Katie Talyor is top of her game.

Where's this nonsense thread going ? Whats with the Limerick City metality and IQ ?

She could out box the average man easy, then the average man could stab her to death with a scewdriver, then her sister could shoot the average man dead, then the average man's brother could burn down her sister's house with her sister in it, then her mother could run over the average man's bother to kill him, then Chuck Norris could kill them all, then the Russians could nuke Chuck Norris etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

14 stone - obese?

wat

Not if you are 6`5" tall.;)

Jellicoe wrote: »
    Boxing is a highly skilled regulated and refereed athletic sport, and Katie Talyor is top of her game.

Where's this nonsense thread going ? Whats with the Limerick City metality ?

She could out box the average man easy, then the average man could stab her to death with a scewdriver, then her sister could shoot the average man dead, then the average man's brother could burn down her sisters house with her sister in it, then her mother could run over the average mans bother to kill him, then chuck norris could kill them all, then the russians could nuke chuck norris etc. etc. etc. ad infinaitem . . . .

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ~(irony)

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ~(irony)

You wouldn't roll your eyes at me if I was Katie Taylor :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I wonder is the same discussion happening on some GB message board about Nicola Adams after she won her Gold Medal

Maire2009 wrote: »
    You wouldn't roll your eyes at me if I was Katie Taylor :cool:

I wouldn't ever have to, because she behaves like a lady. A lot of Irish women could do with following her example, she's an excellent role model on how to be a lady. That's what earns her the widespread respect she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Remmy wrote: »
    I wonder is the same discussion happening on some GB message board about Nicola Adams after she won her Gold Medal

<checks out digitalspy>

• Advertisement

I wouldn't ever have to, because she behaves like a lady. A lot of Irish women could do with following her example, she's an excellent role model on how to be a lady. That's what earns her the widespread respect she has as a person.

I'm not exactly a Lady but I mind my manners - my parents made sure of it. I agree with you though - she's a great person. She's younger than me by a few months but I look up to her greatly. I love sport too and played on boys teams - we've a good bit in common actually - except she's Olympic/European/World Champion and I'm not :D I was above average at what I did, she's exceptional - some drive in her too. I left obstacles get in my way, she didn't - and I say that with admiration and not jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Overheard a load of women in a pub last night saying how much they wish they could be Katie Taylor and I quote because "they'd like to dare any man to tell Katie Taylor to get back to the kitchen"..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

She could out box the average man easy, then the average man could stab her to death with a scewdriver, then her sister could shoot the average man dead, then the average man's brother could burn down her sisters house with her sister in it, then her mother could run over the average mans bother to kill him, then chuck norris could kill them all, then the russians could nuke chuck norris etc. etc. etc. ad infinaitem . . . .

Not including Chuck Norris, sounds like a Martin Scorsese plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

She could out box the average man easy, then the average man could stab her to death with a scewdriver, then her sister could shoot the average man dead, then the average man's brother could burn down her sister's house with her sister in it, then her mother could run over the average man's bother to kill him, then Chuck Norris could kill them all, then the Russians could nuke Chuck Norris etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum . . . .

Ahh now come on. Nobody could nuke Chuck Norris. Jasus a nuke wouldn't even penetrate his beard. Will ye cop on to yerself.

Advertisement