Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I dont get why Skull Girls is on. Nobody plays that. Take it out. SCV would get more entries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

The Hound wrote: »
    I dont get why Skull Girls is on. Nobody plays that. Take it out. SCV would get more entries!

Like the 1 person that showed up to play that last time it was put on?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Like the 1 person that showed up to play that last time it was put on?
    Thats exactly my point. Take it out. Free up some time on the schedule

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thats exactly my point. Take it out. Free up some time on the schedule

Er, the last time we put SC on 1 person showed up...

I would say of the games on the list Skullgirls place is the most precarious. IMO.

Er, the last time we put SC on 1 person showed up...

I would say of the games on the list Skullgirls place is the most precarious. IMO.
    Thats what I mean. Hard to be sarcastic on the interent. SCV was a joke. 1 person showed up to play it. Ya dont want the same nonsense with Skull Girls. Take it out to prevent hassle now is what Im saying

• Advertisement

Thats what I mean. Hard to be sarcastic on the interent. SCV was a joke. 1 person showed up to play it. Ya dont want the same nonsense with Skull Girls. Take it out to prevent hassle now is what Im saying

Ooooh I getcha. Yeah, I don't disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm in agreement.

Have we even had any SG tournaments yet?

No point starting at an event we need all the time and setups we can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Play Skullgirls, let it have its day.

Have the Chopper vs Kiki VF showdown Bo3 or Bo5 instead. That would be hype.

My thinking behind it was that there hasn't been a tourney for it. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Are there any posters (or anything resembling a poster) for this event? If so, I'll happily pop it up on H-S-N's main page with a bit of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

This is helpful info about the tourney, Ayjay. T'will go to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

delete skullgirls and put ae teams or something

Reg Page is working. I hope!

www.sf25.eu

Thanks to Speedhaak for le Design, much appreciated!

Spread the link to where-ever you think might be relavent.

Deathrider - There is no poster this time but I would say that you could use the site? I do also have some images (used on the site) if that would help - pm me and I'll email them across :)

Aj

Hi guys,

I need a volunteer. I am looking for someone in the know of the gaming websites in Ireland. I need someone to put posts/comments etc on these sites and let them all know what we are doing. I will be the first to say I don't even know of 1/2 of them plus I am fairlyextremely busy with work at the moment. Anyone think they can help with that?

We have the FB page, the reg page and this forum as references for what we are doing on the 6th

Thanks in advance,
    Aj

You're up on the Hit Start Now's from page. We'll plug the event on our september show too. You've been H-S-N'ed :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I need a volunteer. I am looking for someone in the know of the gaming websites in Ireland. I need someone to put posts/comments etc on these sites and let them all know what we are doing. I will be the first to say I don't even know of 1/2 of them plus I am fairlyextremely busy with work at the moment. Anyone think they can help with that?

We have the FB page, the reg page and this forum as references for what we are doing on the 6th

Thanks in advance,
    Aj

Could we get the R.A.G.E involved perhaps? I know they are retro but we highlighted their last two fighting game events?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Could we get the R.A.G.E involved perhaps? I know they are retro but we highlighted their last two fighting game events?

With 3S and HDR on the bill, you could get them interested with a retro angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Is there any chance to get a VF5FS tournament running on the day too? I can provide a copy of the game if there is interest. (Xbox 360)

Is there any chance to get a VF5FS tournament running on the day too? I can provide a copy of the game if there is interest. (Xbox 360)

As I have said, depends on setups, space etc. We have 14 setups confirmed at the moment. With that amount what we are running will be hard enough. If we can get some more setups committed then I can't see why not. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The Gaming Liberty is a pretty big one.

For some bigger press, we could try contacting Click Magazine

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The Gaming Liberty is a pretty big one.

For some bigger press, we could try contacting Click Magazine

Whilst I love the enthusiasm, advertising is their business. Check this out http://www.clickmagazine.ie/Images/RateCardSide2.jpg

I'll try but....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here's some real enthusiasm for you, get on this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Registered. :cool:

Couple nitpicks on the games list that might warrant fixing:
    -"Marverl"
    -Tickboxes are rendering much further apart than the labels on chrome and FF.

Just a heads up, rest looks great.

Any word on wether or not we have enough gear yet to make MK double elim?

deathrider wrote: »
    Any word on wether or not we have enough gear yet to make MK double elim?
    Should do. As it stands we have 9 tournaments. I reckon we can do it but please please please please everyone be on time. With soo many tourneys, we will need to start them all on time. We have 14 setups. Would like 16 but......

Also want to say that there will be some light musical entertainment on the day around lunchtime. For your viewing pleasure and we all are free to see it. There will be some acoustic sets (2 afaik) on in the other room at round lunchtime.

I just hope they're decent..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Ajay, your going to put yourself under alot of pressure to finish on time, we don`t have enough set ups or time to run 9 tournaments, also the monitors we have are pretty poor and are not even fit for tournament play, if you rememeber at the trinity event most people avioded playing on over half the monitors because they were too laggy, it caused a lot of problems and wasted a lot of time. This event should have been a 4 game tournament and only the best monitors we have should be used. This is quite an important tournament and the winners have a real chance of not only competing in paris, but actually winning in paris and going to california, so the focus should have been on those 4 games instead of 9.

but thats not even the main issue, the main issue is that we don`t have enough time to run 9 tournaments because double elimination takes AGES, and is a nightmare to run, but unfortunately its one of the best systems to use so its hard to ignore, but i just feel there is too many tournaments and its going to cause problems in regards to time.

Now judging from previous events that have happened at the exchange time has almost always been an issue where its got to the point that we either don`t finish or have had to go to the xgc to finish, now i know organisers never want to change or amend there schedule but sometimes it has to be done so the overall running of the event runs as smooth as it possibly can so i feel two or three more of those events should be either changed to casuals or at least single elimination to save time.

I also think the price plan is a bit expensive and i can see the same thing happening at the exchange that happened at last event in trinity where people didn`t enter games because it was too expensive, tournaments also started too early in the morning so people couldn`t even get there on time, now this is a 9 game event with about the same amount of set ups, your running a similar price plan and games are once again starting at the crack of dawn, how do you expect to resolve the same problems as last time, when making all the same decisions, surely things have to be changed around to make this event run smoother than last time?

The point of the evo qualifier was to raise money and send our winner to evo but the event was a flop because we didn`t make enough money and nobody was sent anywhere, but it wasn`t a flop because people didn`t show up, because 52 people turned up, it was a flop because the price plan was too expensive and because it was too expensive nobody played in any of the games and the money we needed didn`t get raised, if the price plan had of been fixed at 25 euros per person we would have cleared over 1300 euros which would have covered venue costs and paid for the flight to evo, so this time i feel the price plan should be changed to make sure that expenses are covered. I know the logic behind running so many games is that the more games you run the more money you will make, but it wont be the case if people don`t show up or like last time don`t enter, and at 10 euro a game and 4 euro entry most people will probabaly just enter one game like they did at the trinity tournament.

like I remember sfxt was just released at the time and it was one of the first tournaments for the game, yet almost nobody entered because it was too expensive and too early in the morning, not to mention the game is crap, but thats not the point, the point is if the price was right and the time was right everybody in our community would have turned up and entered. The point of running so many tournaments is not just to make money or cater for the people that play those games but to also encourage others to get involved in new games that they wouldnt normally play, and when you charge 10 euro per game it definitely puts people off entering the less popular and less played games.

To combat some of the issues mentioned above i think a flat fee between 20-25 euro should be put in place that covers entry to all tournament games and entry to the event, that way people get to take part in what they want and it will maximise your turnover making sure that flights and hotel cost for the winners get paid for. To deal with the increased number of tournament entrants to each game i think double elimination should only be used for the 4 games that are qualifying events for the french tournament, the rest should be single elimination, that should allow tournaments to finish on time.

But i mean whatever do whatever your going to do and see what happens

aaaand once again Chunkis chimes in with a bunch of criticisms about 5 minutes before a tournament is about to go ahead.

AJ's actualy out of the country right now anyway, he's not being rude in not responding, just fyi.

Chunkis. Stfu. When you run something you are free to arrange as you see fit. Until, read above.

Brian - found a pub with wifi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Doom and Ajay am just trying to bring new ideas to the table and make this event a bit better and avoid the same mistakes that happened last time, because the last time i made a post about the evo event in trinity you guys totally disregarded what i said, just like your doing now and what happened? Exactly what i said happened, not enough money was made to send our champion to evo because nobody was prepared to pay 10 euro a game.

Like you guys said that you had everything under control last time and you were going to make all the money you needed to send a player to evo but you guys didn`t even get close to what needed to be raised, instead you guys went ahead with a silly time table for the games starting at the crack of dawn and a price plan that was too expensive and not enough people took part and not enough money was made. This time it looks like its going to be a similar outcome but its more about time, i personally don`t think there is enough time to run 9 tournaments, i hope there is and i hope that it runs smooth, but i just feel that 7 double elimination tournaments is a lot to run in one day, especially a day that ends at 6.30pm.

Advertisement