Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th Thingy - Equipment - 6th Oct, 2012

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As usual, we will need to bring equipment to make this tournament happen. I'm gonna use this thread for people to shout out what they can bring. As you know, we will be running the main capcom tournaments AND as many side or smaller tournies as we can and this is really dependant on interest and the amount of setups we get.

I'll be bringing 3 Monitors/Tv's, 2 xbox's and a ps3 (none of which I actually own now that I think of it - funny)

Venue has still to be confirmed but it will be in Dublin. Maynooth is a non-starter at this stage.

Thanks,
    Aj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I assume a negative response is better than no response so you can cross people off your list but I can bring nothing unfortunately. :(

I can't attend the weekend in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'll take an Xbox with all the relevant games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can bring the following:
    • Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • Two (not very good) monitors.
    • Most of the games needed.
    • A HD PVR for an extra recording setup.
    • PC to run said recordings.
    • My awesome commentary skills.
    • My awesome organising skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Bringing an Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I can bring the following:
    • Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • Two (not very good) monitors.
    • Most of the games needed.
    • A HD PVR for an extra recording setup.
    • PC to run said recordings.
    • My awesome commentary skills.
    • My awesome organising skills.

Some kind of ****ing legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll bring a console, AE, and SFXT. If someone can give me a lift in I can bring a lagless HDMI monitor as well.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll bring an Xbox, AE, SFXT, MK9, KOFXIII and UMvC3. If someone can give me a lift in I can bring a lagless HDMI monitor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

This is still an if from me but I do go I can bring these definitely;

*Xbox
    *Copies of SSF4 AE 2012, 3s, ST ( HDremix version ) , UMvC3 ( does not have dlc chars ) and SFxT ( does not have dlc chars ) These will be all updated to their latest versions

I might also bring the cork community monitor with me depending on what I am carrying with me already.

I'll probably be staying 2 nights in Dublin again like the EVO qualifier if I do go so if I am I'll be happy to bring my stuff to the venue the day before if that is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just requested the day off so assuming I get it I'll bring an xbox and I think I have all the games. I'll see if I can steal my brother's xbox for the day.

I'll also be bringing sexy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

So does this mean there's no casuals tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

So does this mean there's no casuals tomorrow?

.............erm, it's an anniversary tournament celebrating the 25th YEAR of Street Fighter, and it is in October.

It is NOT a tournament on the 25th day of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

I have a 19" monitor i can bring but its VGA only. I can however also bring a VGA adapter for Xbox. I have no idea of the lag though, as i have yet to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'll bring a console. Either PS3 or Xbox. If i bring Xbox I can bring AE, SFxT. MK9 & 3s. If I bring PS3 I can bring AE, 3s and SSF2HDR. You make the choice since I dont want to bring both unless I feel generous on the day.

Now that I think of it. I'll probably bring both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

As I said in the other thread, I can supply an Xbox with AE (as DLC for Super) and HDR. I also hvae Hyper Fighting on it, if that's any good to y'all. I'll bring the Super disc too.

If my PS3 is still working by then, I'll drag that along with the Xbox on the day as well

I can supply AE, SFxT, MK9, Marvel, KoF, 3s, SG, TTT2 with Xbox

And AE with PS3.

At a rough count we stand at approx 12. Given the amount of tournaments we are looking to play at this one I think we need to be aiming for 16 setups at a min.

Anymore volunteers for some equip?

Equipment_zps4eaa6937.jpg

We have 14 confirmed so far. Is there anyone else planning on bringing geear - post it up here. I have not included recording setups promised although they are appreciated. We'll have loadza vids!!!!

The more we have, the more likely we can run a side tourney on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can bring:
    • PS3
    • 22" 1080p monitor(lagless afaik)
    • speakers
    It has Skullgirls & VF5:FS on it.

I have AE & KoF13 too, but none of the extra characters for KoF13.

Also ayjay, center the text in your spreadsheet, it's unreadable ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Also ayjay, center the text in your spreadsheet, it's unreadable ;)

You have to tilt the screen 26 degrees to the left - makes sense then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey, just updating from my previous post confirming that I'll be there so you can add the following items to the list;

*Xbox
    *Copies of SSF4 AE 2012, 3s , UMvC3 ( does not have dlc chars ) , SFxT ( does not have dlc chars ) and TTT2. These will be all updated to their latest versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Since I'm definitely going now:

Xbox with HDMI cable

SSFIV: AE 2012
    SFxT (No DLC characters)
    UMvC3 (Includes Jill and Shuma)
    Xbox has SFII Turbo HD Remix installed and up to date, but unless if the 360's connected to the internet, you're only allowed to play the trial version :/

PS3 with HDMI cable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

just to update i'm bringing a copy of AE[dlc and all] and Marvel[dlc and all] also if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lythero wrote: »
    Since I'm definitely going now:

Xbox with HDMI cable

SSFIV: AE 2012
    SFxT (No DLC characters)
    UMvC3 (Includes Jill and Shuma)
    Xbox has SFII Turbo HD Remix installed and up to date, but unless if the 360's connected to the internet, you're only allowed to play the trial version :/

PS3 with HDMI cable

Should work fine offline if it's the same gamertag that bought it signed in and (?) the console it was bought on. Not sure bout the second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Should work fine offline if it's the same gamertag that bought it signed in and (?) the console it was bought on. Not sure bout the second part.

Ah, that'd be the problem then. It was both with the same account, but it's a different console.

Might wanna scratch the SF HDR then unless there's some feeble xboxlive available.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lythero wrote: »
    Ah, that'd be the problem then. It was both with the same account, but it's a different console.

Might wanna scratch the SF HDR then unless there's some feeble xboxlive available.

When I was Infergus I bought a nice long ethernet cable. Long as someone hasn't swiped it, I can now hook up xboxes physically to the router and they will authenticate fine.

When I was Infergus I bought a nice long ethernet cable. Long as someone hasn't swiped it, I can now hook up xboxes physically to the router and they will authenticate fine.

>________________>

Ughh forgot to bring my copy of MK9 with me.

Have the rest of the stuff.

Azza wrote: »
    Ughh forgot to bring my copy of MK9 with me.

Have the rest of the stuff.

Its ok, you have 4 more days to get it :cool:

Not going back to Athlone for it, you will have to make do without it I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

25thequip.jpg

That's the latest confirmed list and if we get that, we will be grand. I will go though it tonight and label according to what DLC each has and I'll use this thread so if you are bringing a console, and you haven't put in what dlc you do or do not have for whatever game, please post up so I can ensure Sat runs with a modicum of efficiency.

Please also ensure that if you are bringing a console, game, monitor etc that you label it as yours. This is especially true for the games themselves - including the disks within the case. I won't be responsible for lost games etc. I will of course do my best to ensure that nothing happens but it will be a packed event.

Power
    If anyone has multi plug adaptors, please also bring them if you can. I'll have a few extension leads but the more we have the better options we have for lay out of the venue.

Recorders
    At present this is possibly going to be the most recorded event we have had with various setups. I know Brian has 2 possible setups for it anyway - Is anyone else planning on bringing recording gear just so I know where to put ya etc. It is not required as I think 2 will be more than enough but I am not objectionable to anyone who wants to.

Can I also ask that if you are coming with a setup that you get there for 10am? I know some of the games don't start until later but we'll need to get them setup asap and the more we have early, the more casuals and tournament machines we have available.

Heat
    We are bringing a fan for the room. Whilst the heat is problem for some and not for others, it is most definitely a problem for xboxi. The last big exchange event was the death of my xbox - they are sensitive to the heat so if anyone (preferably someone who isn't already bringing half their sitting room) has a fan they can bring to help keep it civil, please try to bring it.

Community Gear
    I have no idea where the monitors & speakers are at present - Does anyone know who has what or does the exchange have them all?

Keys
    I'll put this point in the other thread as well but is there anyone in town who is able and willing to pick the keys for the venue up from the staff on the Friday night beforehand AND will be there at 10am on the Sat? It's a bit of a pain for me to get into town on a Friday night. I can but if someone if close......

Think thats it for now.

Advertisement