Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''The girl who became three boys''

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thought it was rather telling that not a single actual police officer was on the program :pac:

If this girl doesn't get charged the same as a male pedophile, then there's something wrong. She groomed and sexually abused minors, causing untold mental harm to them too. Really, there's no other way of putting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

If this girl doesn't get charged the same as a male pedophile, then there's something wrong. She groomed and sexually abused minors, causing untold mental harm to them too. Really, there's no other way of putting it.

She got two and a half years on jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I just started watching the doc there.

"If Mark Zuckerberg had never invented Facebook, none of this would have ever happened. So he's to blame."

What. A. Moron.

Just finished watching it there- I didn't think she came across as overly dense, especially when she said talking like "lyk" and "dis" made you look like an idiot, she came across as overly trusting, caring and mannerly. Sure it was a bit silly that she blamed Mark Zuckerberg, but if I had been as messed around as she was, I probably would have said something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

One of the girls really came across as stupid. She dated Gemma twice as two different boys. "here let me change my hat. Sure in a different boy."

I also thought it was weird that she didn't want one of the "boys" to do sexual stuff but let "him" take off her pj bottoms and then knickers.

One of the girls really came across as stupid. She dated Gemma twice as two different boys. "here let me change my hat. Sure in a different boy."

I also thought it was weird that she didn't want one of the "boys" to do sexual stuff but let "him" take off her pj bottoms and then knickers.

She didn't let "him". "He" removed them and she tried to stop "him". She was sexually assaulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

She didn't let "him". "He" removed them and she tried to stop "him". She was sexually assaulted.

In the doc she said he took them off then her knickers. When he started performing oral sex she asked him to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What was the actual crime?
    She sexually assaulted the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The stoutish one was as thick as a cow pat. How could they not all notice the similarities in the face and find it odd that someone was covering up so much.

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    The stoutish one was as thick as a cow pat. How could they not all notice the similarities in the face and find it odd that someone was covering up so much.

She explained in the documentary that her brother suffered from alopecia, which causes hairloss, so she assumed it was something similar and didn't want to bring it up. She was being considerate more than anything else, and a little naive.

She explained in the documentary that her brother suffered from alopecia, which causes hairloss, so she assumed it was something similar and didn't want to bring it up. She was being considerate more than anything else, and a little naive.

Ah now. But the fact that all the boyfriends wore hats all the time! Maybe it was really common to do at the time where they were growing up but that would surely seem queer.

And didn't two of the boyfriends show more of their face. One was covered completely to below the nose. Surely it should have been noticed that two boyfriends looked really like each other and also like their friend Gemma. She couldn't have made herself look that different unless she got one of those Jason Byrne "Anonymous" type heads pasted onto her to make her look like a totally different person.

Neeson wrote: »
    Ah now. But the fact that all the boyfriends wore hats all the time! Maybe it was really common to do at the time where they were growing up but that would surely seem queer.

And didn't two of the boyfriends show more of their face. One was covered completely to below the nose. Surely it should have been noticed that two boyfriends looked really like each other and also like their friend Gemma. She couldn't have made herself look that different unless she got one of those Jason Byrne "Anonymous" type heads pasted onto her to make her look like a totally different person.

You're assuming that all the friends saw all the boyfriends. I'm not sure whether it was actually said. I'm not saying it's all strange, but I find it completely unfair to label these girls as being completely dense, especially considering they went through an extraordinarily distressing situation.

But they were dense before they went through the "situation". They weren't abused once the boy/girl/thing set eyes on them. They had adequate time to analyse the boy/girl/thing and failed to do so.

The boy/girl/thing gave them enough time to do so. They took responsibility for that. It was the responsibility of the girlfriends to call the boy/girl/thing out on his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

The Grandmother was hilarious "keep your hand on your ha'penny and keep his pecker in his pants"

How anyone can be so stupid is beyond me. How can anyone actually develop a relationship with someone who has never even spoken a word to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Sala wrote: »
    I don't understand how they didn't know, they were friends with her in her real life as a girl??

I was just about to say the same thing.
    I watched the original programme(it was repeated tonight) and thought" How the hell did those girls not know this was their mate?":confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Turquoise Lagoon

I don't see how they didn't recognise her, if they were such good friends! Just because she put on a hat doesn't suddenly make her unrecognisable :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

haven't seen the show but from comments here it sounds implausible. I wonder did they actually know what she was doing but were scared of her. Sexual assault victims often invent alternative realities to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

During the documentary the girls involved were interviewed, they said they had no idea that there was a connection between the "boys" and the girl who dressed up as them. They noticed on the first alter ego the teeth were similar but nothing after that. When she dressed up as the third boy she never even spoke, she typed out words on a phone for the girl to read. if you have time to watch it here's a link to it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQtwp5X6mk

Advertisement