Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''The girl who became three boys''

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

If there is one lesson to be learned from all this, it's to beware of men who wear hats.

And to always, always drop the hand on a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I just watched the first 5 minutes of that documentary.

I really want to hurt that Jess girl. Jesus, she's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Those poor girls, I'd feel like a total idiot if it were me.

Gemma Barker is clearly very, very disturbed if she believes impersonating a man to lure her two friends into relationships is the key to long term friendship.

The documentary said a psychological report was done on her and that she has no personality disorder of any form. Makes you wonder what the hell was crossing her mind to make her come to the conclusion that creating multiple personalities was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lets just say no one involved will be troubling the entry requirements for Mensa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

It's like, the second massive picture on the link. Scroll down.

She looks like a mixture between Norman Bates & Rico from starship troopers.

She looks like she has a decent size rack, how was that not discovered during the "petting"

Attachment not found.

I would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Paully D wrote: »
    Lets just say no one involved will be troubling the entry requirements for Mensa.
    Nutcase and all, anyone who can pull off this level of con has something highly active between the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Probably touching their boobs or something. There was a case of it a few years ago with a woman pretending to be a teen boy and did the same and was charged with it.

Charged with what?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Charged with what?

Probably sexual assaulting a minor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The main thing I took from this is that those teenagers must have been a right bunch of credulous fu<kwits. Going out with someone who refuses to talk, communicates by text while sitting beside you, and never takes his hat off? Get the fu<k out of here.

It'd be funny if it wasn't for the fact that two underage kids were sexually assaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Links234 wrote: »
    I think it's just the way the story is being spun here, and the crime is that she sexually abused underage girls, but that the cross-dressing is what the Daily Mail finds juicy and news-worthy.

totally different kettle of fish entirely, transgender people are at great risk of physical assault, sexual assault and even murder because of their gender identity, so will tend to keep it to themselves for safety reasons and may only open up about things when they feel safe or comfortable enough to.

Or maybe they keep it to themselves so they can fool straight people into having sex with them? If they aren't confident enough to tell a person before having sex with them, then they shouldn't having sex with them (same goes for dating).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Or maybe they keep it to themselves so they can fool straight people into having sex with them?

No. just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That was a funny program : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Or maybe they keep it to themselves so they can fool straight people into having sex with them? If they aren't confident enough to tell a person before having sex with them, then they shouldn't having sex with them (same goes for dating).

As a transexual person, I would always, tell the person I was interested in, as I was getting to know them, and trusted them, this always falls inbetween first date (some times sooner) and well before having sex. From what I know from other transexual people I know, this is generally the case.

Maybe stop watching Jerry Springer, as that show was actually staged for most shocking results :)

I was thinking like 'your with a guy who doesn't talk, always wears a hat, and never shows you his face' ermmmmm. And I'm not a woman, but like, sure the other girl should have been able to tell the difference between a man having sex with her, and a dildo. How did it even work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was thinking like 'your with a guy who doesn't talk, always wears a hat, and never shows you his face' ermmmmm. And I'm not a woman, but like, sure the other girl should have been able to tell the difference between a man having sex with her, and a dildo. How did it even work?
    It was dark?

*Not a woman* would you not be able to tell the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

*Not a woman* would you not be able to tell the difference?

Did have eyes in the back of head maybe. Her brown eye was prolly getting poked at the time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

And I'm not a woman, but like, sure the other girl should have been able to tell the difference between a man having sex with her, and a dildo.

How the hell would she have been able to tell the difference when she knew nothing different? She was a 15 year old girl, losing her virginity to who she thought was her boyfriend. It was dark, she was nervous, she wasn't even sure why 'he' had left so many of his clothes on, she'd never felt a penis. As if she'd somehow have known that what she was feeling was actually a dildo. :confused:

Sure plenty of girls/women would probably have seen and felt their partners penis before penetration, probably over a few different occasions on the lead up to feeling ready to have sex. But this girl was chosen and groomed by both her 'friend Gemma' and her 'boyfriend Aaron,' specifically because she would have been the type to be easily led into going along with what her boyfriend told her.

I dunno. Maybe its different if your actually there, but it seems incredulous that neither of them copped on.

iguana wrote: »
    How the hell would she have been able to tell the difference when she knew nothing different? She was a 15 year old girl, losing her virginity to who she thought was her boyfriend. It was dark, she was nervous, she wasn't even sure why 'he' had left so many of his clothes on, she'd never felt a penis. As if she'd somehow have known that what she was feeling was actually a dildo. :confused:

Sure plenty of girls/women would probably have seen and felt their partners penis before penetration, probably over a few different occasions on the lead up to feeling ready to have sex. But this girl was specifically chosen and groomed by both her 'friend Gemma' and her 'boyfriend Aaron,' specifically because she would have been the type to be easily led into going along with what her boyfriend told her.

I Have to agree with this, most people here in AH are wondering how they didn't know, well I'm assuming here that most of you guys at the age of 15 had not known what the others genders genitally really felt like. (If you did Yippee, well done you, call the Cops), cause you where breaking the law by being sexual active. (I can now only assume that both of youse where under 16) ?

Right next this girl (Gemma) was over 17 and I assume she was just jealous of her 15 year old friends talking about guys, and as see might have felt left out (and possibly immature and gay/transgendered), she concocked (excuse pun) this stupid idea, to get close to her crushes (her friends)

But she did break the law, she sexual assault a minor, and that is what the judge throw at her, nothing to do with how many men she impersonated (that just makes good press)

Now can we get back to my orginal assumption, how many of you had sex before you where sixteen, and was he/she older, and did you have a bleeding clue. Actually never mind I think I know the answer, as I can remember other posts of bravado

But she did break the law, and if you break the law, you do have to pay. Sorry everyone should realise that.

• Advertisement

I dunno. Maybe its different if your actually there, but it seems incredulous that neither of them copped on.

You have spent your whole life feeling a penis, so you'd obviously know the difference between how a penis feels and how a dildo feels. If you've never felt a penis before then you would have nothing to compare it to. And it's not like she felt it with her hands, she felt it with her vagina, she was nervous, more than likely all she felt was soreness and discomfort, which was all she would have been expecting to feel. She wasn't going to have a sudden epiphany about what was penetrating her.

Ok, fair enough. But I still find it hard to see how neither girl copped on.

I can't believe how hypocritical some AH posters are being, if a 17 year old guy groomed your 15 year old daughter, and she lost her virginity to him, and then said, he lead her up the garden path, is that not taking advantage of your daughter.

That is what the judge throw the book at Gemma for.

God I really worry about where some adults understand what age a child becomes an adult?

It's certainly hard to understand why they couldn't see that their 'boyfriend' looked an awful lot like their friend. That each of their boyfriends looked like each other. And in the case of Jessica Sayers, that her boyfriend looked an awful lot like her last boyfriend.

But what appears to have been an extremely innocent 15 year old virgin, not knowing the difference between a penis and a dildo that she had only felt through penetration isn't at all surprising.

Your quite right, I can agree with you on that point after reading what you said, too young to tell the difference. But... like, if your on facebook telling everyone how much you and your boyfriend love each other(even though facebook proclamations of love can be pretty worthless), would you not find it a bit odd he'd never take his hat off, never actually spoken to the guy you 'love' never seen his mouth. I just, you know. They sound like reasonably smart girls.

Your quite right, I can agree with you on that point after reading what you said, too young to tell the difference. But... like, if your on facebook telling everyone how much you and your boyfriend love each other(even though facebook proclamations of love can be pretty worthless), would you not find it a bit odd he'd never take his hat off, never actually spoken to the guy you 'love' never seen his mouth. I just, you know. They sound like reasonably smart girls.

What. My 12/13 niece talks with her friends online about dicks, and thinks no one notices, not to OTT but she does, very girl has their sexual awakening, and they talk about it, but generally not on facebook, that is how they want the world to see them to effect. They are still 12/13 year old girls, and don't tell me a 15 year old is any more sensible, she isn't, she might belief it, but she isn't, generally she is vunerable, and can't waiting to experience the world, but very much vunerable.

As every teenager, their worlds are being torn apart physically and emotionally, I'm including boys in this, every gender has their live torn apart even ever so slightly as they chance from child to adult, we need to protect that :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I must say that documentary was shocking...... not the story mind as mad as that was it doesn't compare to How they screwed over that girl Jess. Yes, she obviously isn't the brightest but christ they painted her as a complete and utter moron. So much so it actually took away from how serious it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

iguana wrote: »
    You have spent your whole life feeling a penis.

In any other After Hours thread this would be an insult :pac:

Originally Posted by iguana
    You have spent your whole life feeling a penis.
    In any other After Hours thread this would be an insult

Interesting, you do no this thread has nothing to do with gender, but with sexuality don't you? Very much illegal sexual contexts, eg of minors, you do don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Just watched the documentary. Must say that all involved, especially the stoutish victim, seems quite dense. She blamed the founder of Facebook for the whole affair. Can't understand how the offender didn't just end the scam when the thing started to go tits up. She probably would have gotten away with the whole thing, considering the victims hadn't a clue and probably still wouldn't.

Although I thought they were all as thick as ****, no one deserves to be abused the way those silly girls were.

Tabloid TV indeed!

Advertisement