Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keldeo Event Game/Gamestation (UK)

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I'm assuming this will skip the Emerald Isle, but before the flaming begins take a moment to look at my location.... See it, and relax.

So I have a madcap plan, well two plans, maybe three.

Plan one: Someone travels over to me after collecting everyone's games, gets Keldeo(s) while having a tour of London.

Plan Two: Posters post me out their carts individually, I collect Keldeo and post back the cart.

Plan Three: Like Plan Two except I am sent a bulk post of carts, collect and post back to a reliable member.

Just because the tour skips Ireland doesn't mean we can miss out!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Aem ahemI have a friend Rendeva http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=449442 who is here drinking with me at this ungodly hour, (we just played 12 games of pokemon cards and he slayed us all with Magnezone prime/Emboar /Reshiram deck ) and he is 6 pokemon short of completing the pokedex in pokemon white.

He (and sure I suppose I could post mine along too) would very much like to take advantage of your most gracious generosity, we have an absoulte heap of potentially useful and or valuable pokecards in exchange for your kindness.

Tentatively awaiting your typically swift and insightful reply,

Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

For some of these, could we not potentially do it with the weekly meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yeah I'll want in on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I have no problem collecting Keldeo/s for everyone. More details on the areas of the event/tour will be announced on the official site 22nd of this month, so organise the carts by then and on that date I will PM whoever "thanks" this post with my address and send your cart/s over to me no more than week before the event/s I will be attending. Until the locations are revealed I wouldn't know which ones I can get to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

As my friend said, I'm quite close to completing my Pokedex, and would love to get Keldeo! All that remains is figuring out how to thank a post! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Rendeva wrote: »
    As my friend said, I'm quite close to completing my Pokedex, and would love to get Keldeo! All that remains is figuring out how to thank a post! :)

Post more.

And sorry for that first post :P

Rendeva wrote: »
    The Thank Button is that little "thumps up" icon at the end of a post, similar to the "Like" button on Facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

BTW, Sainsbos have Pokemon B&W for £6.99 if you live near the border / across the water - it's the perfect time to stock up on "stunt cartridges" to send over to Buzz so you don't risk losing all your precious 'mons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

can we get keldeo on the jap black&white 2 carts or only the black&white one? Doesn't bother me much, but I'd rather have it on jap cart then the English one at the moment.. and this is really great of you =]

The movie Keldeo was released in Japan, but if you're asking then you didn't preorder your tickets to the japanese movie, so you don't have the code to claim it off the global link.

Don't think you can get a Euro event mon onto a Japanese cart, think the event locale has to match the cart, Buzz will know for sure.

• Advertisement

yeah you can trade,.. but if I was considering sending the cart was trying to save myself a little time..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

When is the event exactly?

The event starts at an unknown location on September 1st but the dates and locations wouldn't be available until next Wednesday at the earliest.

Japanese games can only get Japanese events either in person or on Wifi, same with American games. The oddity is the European BW cart, that CAN receive other European events. I managed to get the German Snarl Zoroark in my English BW at the store event last year. It's odd, but I wasn't complaining :)

Banjo had mentioned cloning in a PM that I'll not go into detail here. I did however make me think of something different. Should people be scared to send over 20 odd Carts in unregistered Post - why not buy a second hand/cheap cart, post that over, let me collect the Keldeo, clone the bajayus out if it and sent back that cart chock full of Keldeos for all?

It's another idea to consider, I'll not tell Nintendo what we're doing :P

That makes sense..about the cart receiving certain events.. I was just hoping :P

I was actually wondering why you hadn't mentioned cloning in the first place. xD That may be the easiets method..

Might be the easiest, but pulling 20 odd carts out of your pocket for downloading event Pokemon and explaining the reason why sends a very strong message to the staff. Hopefully the message gets back to Nintendo.

Ever one of these events I go to (and I do a lot), I always make the point of stating the lack of events in Ireland, the short notice events are released to the public and the random locations.

By not going to events these companies get the message of "no one wants this, so we'll not bother". I don't know about you lot, but I certainly want more tours!

Cloning is never the most fun answer to a problem.
    Compare if you will the answers to the question "There's a massive intergalactic menace threatening man, wookie and robot-kind - what will we do?"
    Answer 1. Assemble a rag-tag group of misfits, bandits and ancient space-ninja-magicians -> The awesome star wars trilogy.
    Answer 2. Cloning -> the **** star wars prequels

Personally I prefer the adventure (romance is the correct word here, but I don't want people going all mills and boone on me) of your cart travelling to the event even if you can't. But then I like to travel by train. You may not feel the same.

If no-one is travelling over to the event and if no-one wants to risk their precious cart in the post, and if there's one boardsie who goes to the Tuesday card game meetups or the irregular boards group meetups that also is in and around the Loughlinstown area monday-friday (I'm out that end for work), AND if Buzz is willing to export the event Wondercard after the event and mail me the pgf file or upload it somewhere, I could clone a bunch of the event Keldeo, (via PogkeGen and NDS Adapter Pro) stick them on a cart and loan the cart to that boardsie from clause#2 at the start of this sentence - they could then trade those Keldeo over to the other Boardsies at whatever event it is they go to and then give me back my cart at some point?
    (Going a step further, I could insist that you trade me back a Patrat, Sentret or Bidoof with an hilarious name, the one with the best name as judged by Clause#2 Boardsie gets a jap Meleotta or Nobunaga shiny Rayquaza)

I'm reluctant to do it since it derails the effort Buzz is offering to go to for everyone, and it devalues the Keldeo's exclusivity. HAving said that Buzz has expressed concerns about the safety of carts in the post, and it wouldn't be fair to have the responsibility hung on her if they got lost in the post (especially on the return leg of the journey) so I'll just put this out there.

Buzz - as per PM, say the word and the offending paragraph above gets snipped :)

BTW, the reason I can't offer to just trade the Keldeos over the internet to you is... well... look at the trade thread and how often I've offered to trade with someone but it's never actually come off. I've got two kids, a long commute and an addiction to sleep that I can't seem to shake!

^ Free speech my friend :) I would only get annoyed if I found a post insulting or demeaning to others, anything else (in moderation) is fine with me :)

I will be going to at least one of the tour stops, again I don't know where until the stops are announced, so I don't mind. Should all the stops be in London, you can bet your arse I'll be at each and everyone of those despite only getting one Keldeo at one venue.

It's all about the people power - the staff MUST take photos of the event and these go back to Nintendo, thus proving that the event took place and fans came.

I will urge anyone free and can get an affordable flight come over for the day and personally tell every staff member that you fled the event-famine stricken country for just one gasp of an event tour. Sounds stupid, but it works.

Heck our last tour in Dublin was waaaaaay back in Pre-Platnium times, er 2009?

I would love to go .. but money for flights just isn't there atm .. perhaps next year.
    And if you think having x amount of carts would help convince nintendo to come to Ireland..you can include mine in the pile.

Though I'm not sure it works that way.

meh..

Again, though, thanks for what you're offering =]

Hopefully Nintendo will stick to the schedule and release the tour dates on Wednesday, but before we get a little excited, I'm just going to sent down some ground rules on carts, post and whatnot:
    • I will post back the cart in the same manner you posted it to me. If you pay for registered post - I will pay for registered post in return. If you pay for bog standard - I will pay for bog standard.
    • If I receive more than three or more carts from one person, I will pay for registered post to return the carts.
    • Please put your address on the package (and on a sheet in the envelope would be handy too please).
    • I will try my best not to mix up carts, but just in case please put in a little sheet with your game name and OT number in any package you send to me. This is simply in case I drop or mix up games that I can easily match up the carts to the correct owners.
    • Unless otherwise instructed to, I will not make back up of save files. Should you want a back up of your game (in case it goes missing in the post), let me know and I'm sure someone helpful like Banjo could restore your game save file back onto a retail cart.
    • Biggest rule: ONLY send me proper RETAIL carts.
      I might be working for this event and I can't wreck my chances of future jobs by being seen handling R4s and the like in front of an official Rep!

This might cost me in registered post fees, but I'll suck it up to spread the Pokémon Love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

If there is an event up north a brave, fearless league member said he would go and bring peoples carts for the keldeos.

Not trying to diminish the amazing kindness, effort and drive that is ALWAYS put in by Buzz but I'm not a firm fan of the postal service of either Ireland or that one across the water.

So carts can be left with us at the Gamers World league on the last day of our current season [28th] and if anything happens to the carts we lynch cloud on the first day of next season!

• Advertisement

The postal service did LOSE a big red box full of League badges I sent to Popzmaster, with nothing other than a "we send and recieve loads of mail and you really should have sent it by registered mail" excuse. In fairness, I was given them by another TO to give to Leagues, it's just a bummer it ended up this way.

Again another option for this Keldeo thing is to send someone over to the events in person. I do remember seeing that the official site would release the locations on Wednesday, but that seems to have vanished now. Anyhow, I would recommend people come over and have a blast at the event, if you can make any of them :)

Well I go up north once a month anyway :) I have an aunt in Newry, so it's fairly handy.

Official mail is out, pointing here :
    http://mailing.nintendo-europe.com/re?l=ewjl3sIfpdfqdId#en-gb/pokemon/keldeo

BTW, Cloud - there's a deal on in Sainsbo's, if you're getting B/W2 you can order it off the website for £19.99 as long as you can get access to both an Norn Iron address and credit card.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pokemon-black-white-2-pre-order-19-99-from-sainsbury-s-using-code-1284690
    Before anyone suggests it, you can't use ParcelMotel to get this down here, your first order from Sainsbos online has to go to your billing address, so you need an address up north and an understanding relative who'll accept cash up front for the use of their credit card.

Banjo wrote: »
    I got all excited for that expecting the tour/event dates/locations, but instead it just links to the terribly laid out website -_-
    BTW, Cloud - there's a deal on in Sainsbo's, if you're getting B/W2 you can order it off the website for £19.99 as long as you can get access to both an Norn Iron address and credit card.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pokemon-black-white-2-pre-order-19-99-from-sainsbury-s-using-code-1284690
    Before anyone suggests it, you can't use ParcelMotel to get this down here, your first order from Sainsbos online has to go to your billing address, so you need an address up north and an understanding relative who'll accept cash up front for the use of their credit card.
    Or someone in the UK who will happily do such a thing and accepts Paypal (prefered) or a cheque in Euros (because cash isn't safe in the post). I wonder who you know who could offer such a service.....?

Mods, how do we get her a "every pokémon fans' auntie" title?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Mods, how do we get her a "every pokémon fans' auntie" title?

Yeah Mairead seriously :p

That is fairly handy :pac: cept I like the feeling of holding it in my hands on launch day... even if I do get royally ripped off.

cloud493 wrote: »
    That is fairly handy :pac: cept I like the feeling of holding it in my hands on launch day... even if I do get royally ripped off.
    I know that feeling, but think how much better you'll feel in yourself when you get the game for £10-15/€15-20 cheaper by waiting a day or two later.

Failing all that I'm still recommending blindly coming over to London on launch in case of a party. Nintendo would be stupid not to do a party for this one.

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility if a launch party does not happen. I will however give you free tours of London (free minus the price of a cup of coffee/glass of coke :))

Double Posting bad, I know, just ignore that for a second.

Since Nintendo haven't released the details on the Keldeo event (which stores are participating and what not), I'm getting worried that if I delay receiving people carts that I may miss out on the download nearest me. For the Celebi download the details were announced on a Thursday with the event starting (in London) on the following Saturday, not enough time to organise anything really.

So can I please ask everyone who wants me to collect them a Keldeo please start preparing your game card/s. Trade over your important Pokemon to another game, buy an envelope, get some stamps or whatever it is you wish to do before you send over your game. I will PM everyone who "liked" the post I previously mentioned either later tonight or tomorrow evening with my address and a little recap of the ground rules.

Start preparing everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

According to serebii, every single GAME/GameStop store in the UK will be participating in the event. This is good yes?

Advertisement