Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Horizon - Eat, Fast, Live Longer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Back on it today after a long Christmas and having put on 6lbs, looking forward to feeling well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

patmac wrote: »
    Back on it today after a long Christmas and having put on 6lbs, looking forward to feeling well again.

started back jan 2nd and have actually lost that amount in a week! its the xmas weight so it fell off quick enough as ive had the healthiest week of my life with cutting out all crap and doing IF with plenty of excercise. Last year it took me a month to get rid of the xmas weight but since then ive educated myself on nutrition and i find IF gives me a big boost also. gonna detox till end of the month and hopefully get the weight down as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Just finished watching the Horizon episode and I'm intrigued. I'm going to persue some of the links already posted, but if anyone else has any good reputable resources for IF data/research, I'd be very interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Darvich wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Horizon episode and I'm intrigued. I'm going to persue some of the links already posted, but if anyone else has any good reputable resources for IF data/research, I'd be very interested!

Michael mosleys web site should be up and running from tomorrow. Thinknits called www.thefastdiet.co.uk not sure.

I got through monday ok. It got a bit tough on my 20th hour. I have to fine tune it . Not sure if i should have my 600 calories for breakfast or for dinner in evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Darvich wrote: »

Loads of info here http://www.leangains.com/?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

madma wrote: »
    started back jan 2nd and have actually lost that amount in a week! its the xmas weight so it fell off quick enough as ive had the healthiest week of my life with cutting out all crap and doing IF with plenty of excercise. Last year it took me a month to get rid of the xmas weight but since then ive educated myself on nutrition and i find IF gives me a big boost also. gonna detox till end of the month and hopefully get the weight down as much as possible

Same here! I'm on the diet since October, but gave it a break over Xmas. Back to it now and lost 5.5 lbs in the first week. I know some of that is bound to be water, but still, it's so encouraging. Particularly when you consider all the health benefits!
    Michael mosleys web site should be up and running from tomorrow. Thinknits called www.thefastdiet.co.uk not sure.

I got through monday ok. It got a bit tough on my 20th hour. I have to fine tune it . Not sure if i should have my 600 calories for breakfast or for dinner in evening.

The website's still not up, but it shouldn't be much longer. As far as the breakfast/dinner debate goes, it's different for everyone, but I find it easier to leave it til dinner. I don't get properly hungry until well into the day, and it's nice to have dinner to look forward to. I think if I used up my calories first thing I'd find the day very long after that!

Advertisement