Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any good games based on movies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Toy Story 2 on the PS1 what a game that was

It is considered one of the best 3d platformers of the PS1 in my books

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Batman the Movie was excellent for it's time. Hitting the joker as he climbed into the helicopter at the very end with your grappling hook was epic. I still remember doing it for the first time and the fall that follows!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually that reminds me, Batman on the NES is really good. Based on the first Burton movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Big Knox wrote: »
    Batman the Movie was excellent for it's time. Hitting the joker as he climbed into the helicopter at the very end with your grappling hook was epic. I still remember doing it for the first time and the fall that follows!!

You say that now. Go play the C64 version and then come back to me :(

EDIT: While most of my faves have already been mentioned already, I really did enjoy Alien 3 and Lion King on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

gizmo wrote: »
    You say that now. Go play the C64 version and then come back to me :(

EDIT: While most of my faves have already been mentioned already, I really did enjoy Alien 3 and Lion King on the SNES.

That's why I linked the Amiga version ;)

A friend got it on the C64 about a year after I had it on the Amiga500 and I remember watching him play it and thinking "that is not the same game" while telling him "yeah best game ever...."! He had a bit of an inferiority complex!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

alien 3 was a pretty good game, stallones judge dredd movie tie-in was pretty much the same game too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Chron of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

• Registered Users Posts: 34,455 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Demolition Man for the Megadrive is a good game which unfortunately was really overlooked.

True Lies on the Megadrive doesn't look the best but it plays okay. The ammo pickup sound at 42 sounds like it's from Duke 3D or Doom...?

One of my own personal favs, I love this game - Robocop Versus the Terminator

The greatest of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gremlins 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

E.T. was pretty faithful to the story of the movie in the way you went down holes to get bits of a phone and levitated out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

One of my favourite games of all time is Blade Runner. Absorbing, gorgeous to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I really enjoyed the King Kong game, but I don't think it got good press at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Funglegunk wrote: »
    One of my favourite games of all time is Blade Runner. Absorbing, gorgeous to look at.

That still looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is the telltale Back to the Future game any good, love the Monkey Island remakes I got on disc so is it worth my time picking this up?

Tales of Monkey Island? They're fairly similar. Like most Telltale Games... games in my experience. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah the warriors game a few years back was brilliant, really enjoyed it!

Can you dig it? Caaaaan you diiiiig it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

The World is Not Enough on N64 was a decent 1st person shooter, not as good as Goldeneye and also was one of the last games released for that system so didn't get much attention.

From Russia With Love is a decent 3rd person shooter on PS2

Technically it's a sequel to the movie, but Scarface: The World is Yours was a good game.

Again, its a sequel to the movies, but Ghostbusters on PS3 is quite good too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 YoungTrouble

I actually really liked the American History X game.It was a bit racist though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Gremlins 2

forget the NES version, the Amiga version was much better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

indough wrote: »
    alien 3 was a pretty good game, stallones judge dredd movie tie-in was pretty much the same game too

One thing that bugged me about the Alien 3 game was that there were so many xenomorphs, so nothing like the movie. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One thing that bugged me about the Alien 3 game was that there were so many xenomorphs, so nothing like the movie. :)
    Not necessarily a bad thing though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I really enjoyed Green Lantern the gameplay is kinda like God of War game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

qz wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the King Kong game, but I don't think it got good press at the time.

The only thing worse than that game was the DS version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Enter the Matrix on Xbox/PS2.

Running up walls and kicking post office workers along the floor. Great game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EGriff wrote: »
    Enter the Matrix on Xbox/PS2.

Running up walls and kicking post office workers along the floor. Great game.

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling because that was honestly one of the worst games I have the misfortune of playing. Dire stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Iirc, King Kong was a decent survival FPS that pitted you against dinosaurs with nothing but a few bullets and spears. I was about 12 when I played it though so I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

grand theft auto vice city based on the movie Babe: Pig in the City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nbar12 wrote: »
    grand theft auto vice city based on the movie Babe: Pig in the City

Al Pacino was very young in that!

Advertisement